• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buoyancy

• anyabar1987

• ShieldOfFaith

• God's_Princess

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's what I miss about VHS. You never had this problem. Sure you had to fast forward through the commercials but you didn't have to worry about it skipping. Though there was the occasional "someone ripped the tape out of the video and so now it is stuck in the machine"

Be kind, rewind! 

But it wasn't bad quality when it was the only thing you had. lol I remember when DVD's first came out and everyone said "This will never last" but they did. 

We also had one of those rewinding machines that rewound it really fast instead of having to wait for it in the VCR machine.

Edited by Sami_jane

Be kind, rewind! Hey it rhymes!

When VHS was the only format it wasn't bad at all. And when I saw a DVD for the first time I thought the menu was in amazing quality.

But VHS tapes still have that "nostalgic quality" - especially for movies I originally saw on VHS.

I go to Op shops all the time (metaphorically) and there are often a lot of VHS tapes.

"Op shops" are called "flea markets" in America.

"The Lion King" is particularly easy to find, but you would need to be lucky for some of the more obscure titles. But it could be done if you were patient enough. Plus garage sales etc.

My neice is a 5 year old girly-girl that loves princess movies. She doesn't care what form they come in. Plus, this way my older sister doesn't need to invest in DVDs of Cinderella, the Little Mermaiad, Snow White, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, And Sleeping Beauty.

... And that's just the start of our collection!

So I was bored and going back through some of my fb pictures and came across this. It's probably one of my favorite photos and I completely forgot about it! I took it like maybe a couple of months after the Joplin tornado. It was about 10 miles out of Joplin. 

8e55b92044dc360b1bc5b37050095d58.jpg

Edited by Sami_jane

Looking back on it now, I'm pretty surprised that this didn't drop a tornado. Ah well, this is what you get when you live in tornado alley. 

Soooo does anyone have any plans for the New Years? I did but they got cancelled due to the fact that  we have a giant mass of sleet and snow heading our way that should be starting at any time now. <_<