Sami_jane

Bored

9 members have voted

1. 1. ...

FFN does have some really crazy stuff on it. lol. But at least most people are kind enough to give warnings before you start their story

Yup. Apparently he and my mom were watching a movie called " because I said so" where a mom signs her daughter up for Internet dating with out telling her and sets her up with a date. And I guess they started talking about me and they told me today that they had a serious conversation about doing the same thing for me...

I was more offended that they seem to think I am incapable of finding a man on my own. When I asked them why they would do that they responded because "it's lonely living alone" but if I remember correctly neither of them have ever lived alone and I'm perfectly fine with it. I also then reminded them of my last boyfriend and what happens when you rush into relationships

I don't know what it is about this time of the year that people seem to want to be involved in my non existent love life lol. Not even two days ago I had someone tell me "you're so pretty, how is it that you are still single?" And I laughed in their face because they too thought that life is not complete without a man. And don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind a relationship but I refuse to rush into one for the sake of being in one. Still...lately everyone seems to have an opinion on how horrible it is to live alone at my age. It's weird

Makes sense. I know my viewpoint isn't the popular one, but there's a part of me that almost wishes we still had arranged marriages. Before you jump to thinking I have lost it, let me explain.  I would want both parents to have a say, not just a father. Our parents know us(usually) and for the most part, they only want what is best for us. So who better to figure out who we're most likely to be compatible with. That being said, there's also a part of me that is glad my parents didn't, because in all reality, by the time I finished high school, they had no clue about most of me.

I don't know. I'm of the mindset that if I'm not fully into a relationship with someone then I'm not going to bother with it. And I think that is why so many of mine have failed. I could never be in an arranged marriage because I could never be with someone that I wasnr in love with. I would rather be single and happy than in a relationship void of feelings. What's funny too is that everytime I get into a relationship I am reminded of why I like being single so much :P

I don't see that happening. My sister is on her second marriage at age 28. People act as though I should be jealous. I'm actually considering her a prime example of what not to do.

I've been thinking the same thing. I highly doub I will honestly ever get married but it would be nice to think it might happen by 30

In my case, at least, with church, marriage is something I'm supposed to do. Part of the reason I'm probly going to move to Utah. There's only a few guys my age at church, and I don't really know any of them--then again, we have a bonfire Friday night, so maybe I'll get to know them. It's hard because they're all younger. The guys my age are either out west at school or already married

Have you ever had these types of problems then Marisa? Having people almost pity you because you are single? Cause personally I'm getting tired of people doing it to me. I LOVE the single life and I think people are most of the time to afraid to try it out before they jump into relationships.