Sign in to follow this  
SwordMaiden

The one scripture that makes me proud to be female.

Matthew 28:5-7New International Version (NIV)

5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”

Ladies! How many times have you heard that "Women can't be pastors" or vise versa "how can you be a Christian and be. Feminist too?"

But if I'm reading the scripture above correctly, women where the first witnessed of Jesus resurrection and told the good news of him. Isn't technically a type of witnessing? Does that mean God wants women to be pastor contrary to certain denominations belief?

Please feel free comment your thoughts below. =)

Edited by SwordMaiden

How are you reading into this verse that "Women saw Jesus raised from the dead!" equates "Women can be pastors." i'm not saying I disagree with you on pastors, but, I'm not following your line of reasoning.

Also, what DEGREE of feminism are we talking here? Are we talking "All men are heartless raping beasts and make women wear  skirts because patriarchy and rape culture?" or are we talking "Women need equal wages and to be treated equally as citizens the worlds over?"

Because, there's more than one kind of feminism. From what I've seen, there are varying degrees from crazy, rape obsessed man haters, to those that just want equal treatment. Annnnd everything in between.

Edited by Boogles

I'm a Christian, a liberal and a feminist, and I've never had any trouble marrying the three. 

Does it make me a bad person for liking and joking about stuff like feminists? Like get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich and women cant drive. I find jokes about that stuff hillarious. 

Does it make me a bad person for liking and joking about stuff like feminists? Like get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich and women cant drive. I find jokes about that stuff hillarious. 

I actually laugh at that stuff too.

"Make me a sandwich!"

"Yes dear, and while I'm at it, I'll make lasagna for myself."   They're just stupid, stereotypical jokes.  Make me laugh.

In defense of the driving jokes, which sex is more likely to talk on the phone, eat and put on make up while driving? We're able to drive, but the temptation to multitask often over powers our driving skills and... thus, the jokes. Maybe if we stopped doing 80 things while driving, the jokes would go away. :P

I find those kind of jokes pretty base humour, to be honest. 

I go with the policy that it's possible to be both funny and clever without being outright offensive. The best wits manage it. 

I wrote this post rushed and I probably should of taken the time to actually think what I was typing. X/ (Sorry) What I was trying to say is women where the first to hear the good news that Jesus has risen! They also where technically the first pastors by going to tell the others the good news. Isn't that awesome?

as for feminist I was talking about certain denominations who believe that a woman's only purpose is taking care a family. and have no place in a church. (Equal wages are pretty important too ;))

Sign in to follow this