Sign in to follow this  
Bryce B.

Is it wrong to lie down with my girlfriend?

Guest Mike Spero

Yes it is, and you're going to hell forever for it.

You had your chance, Bryce. We all know you have to wait until marriage to even look at her

Im meaning like if she was having her period and we were snuggling. Not having sex. We both promised to not do it

if she was having her period

Maybe I'm showing my menstrual ignorance, but what does that have to do with anything?

Maybe I'm showing my menstrual ignorance, but what does that have to do with anything?

A lot. It would mean im showing her i care for her and it will make her feel good and will take her mind off the pain

Oooooh, OK.

Well, I'unno. If you can do it without consummating the act, then it's OK. If it leads you to the hanky panky, then it's less OK. Conventional wisdom suggests caution, but my own experience is that a lot of people snuggle ostensibly without getting squicky. This is a matter where you should exercise self-knowledge and act with honesty \o/

GET OUT OF BRYCE SATAN. But seriously it is quite tempting to sin in this decision, so maybe it is best not to, until your for sure you can control yourself. 

I kinda see your point Bryce.

One time when my sister was sick, her now ex boyfriend came and cuddled with her on the couch. Granted I was in the room and my mom was in the room part of the time, but they still just cuddled because neither of them had any interest in snoggin.

However, I still advise against it. If you two are with friends or with parents and you sit a little closer to each other or your riding in a car, then cuddle away. But being alone, lying down with her, spooning, it can get heated.

Hmm, now what about holding hands, or kissing?

To be honest except for maybe putting your hand over her shoulder while you're watching a movie, you should probably avoid a lot of physical contact until you get married. It's just too much of a slippery slope.

Guest Mike Spero

Trust me, you could have sworn before the throne of God not to have sex, and in that moment it won't mean less to you. The fact that you promised not to isn't some firm binding of celibacy, as awesome as that would be.

If you care for her and love her, it's only entirely natural and holy to crave union with her. And if you're attracted to her, it's only perfectly natural and guaranteed that your body's going to push you in that direction whenever you're close. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to be close and hold each other, that's a beautiful thing. And there's nothing intrinsically wrong with laying down with her, either. The worry here is that your heart and body will both crave sex even stronger if you're close and lying down like that, which will lead you to be sexual

It's your choice, in the end. I'm sure some couples can cuddle together and not have a care in the world, and a Christian couple I knew couldn't even be sitting on the same couch together. It's your limits, so know them and plan accordingly. If you want to cuddle but have issues with it, then go to the park or somewhere public to do so. If you can't handle it at all, then don't. And if you feel no greater need when cuddling, then do it. It's your body and your limits, so no one can tell you exactly what's best for your relationship and celibacy. However, simply cuddling her while laying down is definitely not wrong

Edited by Mike Spero

I don't think it's appropriate.

Whatever positive there is (if any), it's far outweighed by the negatives.

It will be a large temptation, and there's no reason why you need to lie down with your girlfriend. You can just sleep in different places.

Sign in to follow this