Arcano999

What we find in the Bible?

The Bible tells about what happened in early history concerning the faith. The Old Testament tells events that happened before Christ's birth, contains prophesy about Christ (which has been fulfilled), and also contains prophesy about the end of time. The New Testament contains the words and works of Christ. The New Testament also contains prophesy about the end of time. In both sections, we are taught the ways of God. The Bible tells us of God's love, works, and ways.

I've heard the word Bible called and acronym that means: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. Of course, that's just something people say, but it does describe the book well.

To me personally, the Bible is God's love letter to us (not in a romantic way!!!) The Bible is one of the ways God communicates with and teaches us.

Hope this helps!

Guest Mike Spero

A collection of journals written by great men who had met with God or were thought to be great scholars. There is much to be learned from it, especially the character and person that the Christ is and was

And the sarcasm in me is also requiring that I give the answer "words". Lots and lots of words.

We find pages in the bible and those pages have words on them..and those words make up sentences and those sentences tell whats going on throughout the bible.

Well first you have the Hebrew account of creation and the fall of man from grace. Then there is a relatively brief narrative dealing with the goings ons of pre-historic man, which mostly involves a bad situation getting worse. 

Then God founds a country called Israel. It gets enslaved by Egypt, so God squishes Egypt with bugs and frogs and dead children, which allows Israel to find the Promised Land, where it systematically slaughters the natives and sets down roots.

Israel is an OK country much of the time, whose role is principally to hold onto God's Old Covenant promises and prophecies while at the same time getting conquered over and over again, rebuilding over and over, foreshadowing the Jewish eventual role as Most Persistent Minority. 

Then there's some books full of advice that basically say:

"Praise God and follow Israelite norms and all will be well for you!

Except when it isn't... 

Then it really isn't and we don't have any good solutions for you.

But, Jesus, it's not God's fault. He's just big and stuff, like nature. You're tiny, so STHU.

Also, make ye the squick with the wifewoman, for she has breasts like deer-butts. Which is erotic, trust us."

Then there's one more great conquest and some stories about what Israelites do in exile and how they come back. After coming back they YET AGAIN revert to non-Judaic religions and stuff, so a bunch of prophets show up who basically say "STAHP." They also obliquely prophecy the coming of Christ.

Who is the subject of the next chapter. He comes along and says "BE YE MORE LIBERAL THAN YOU USED TO BE, ROME." This predictably leads to pretty much everyone wanting to kill him, so they do. But then God comes back to life because God can do that. A cult builds up around him and spreads through the middle east.

Then there are a bunch of letters that were / were not written by Paul about theology and church politics that we haven't been able to make total sense of in 2000 years of trying. These are followed by a book that was supposed to go in the Old Testament but which God forgot, so it got stuffed in at the very end as a kind of acid-trip appendix that no one ever in even the slightest way has been able to make heads or tails of. 

Edited by Yves

I have never read the Bible but are absolutely Christian. What we find in the Bible? What is "for you" the Bible?

Ah! First off I'm sorry you haven't had access to a Bible ):

But we'll start off this way, the Bible is divided into TWO SECTIONS.

OLD TESTAMENT: These are the books of the Bible which describe the occurrences BEFORE CHRIST. There are many books within this section. Most notable are the first five, which describe much of the rise and fall of man, creation, etc. Many of these books share stories of prophets who helped the Israelites in their time of need, and show God's justice and mercy at the same time.

THE NEW TESTAMENT: these are the books that happened DURING or AFTER CHRIST. The first 4 books of the New Testament are the gospels, which all describe the life of Jesus. Afterwards, the books describe how the apostles left from Jesus converted people to christianity, and how God's mission was not just for the Jews, but the Gentiles (any religion that is Jewish) as well.

My favorite books in the old Testament are Sirach and Proverbs. In the New Testament, I like the gospel of John.

I personally recommend a Bible that includes the deutero-canonical books, the KJV does not include these books, but many have bits of wisdom in them (for instance Sirach is one of these books)

I hope this helps Gabriel!

Ah! First off I'm sorry you haven't had access to a Bible ):

But we'll start off this way, the Bible is divided into TWO SECTIONS.

OLD TESTAMENT: These are the books of the Bible which describe the occurrences BEFORE CHRIST. There are many books within this section. Most notable are the first five, which describe much of the rise and fall of man, creation, etc. Many of these books share stories of prophets who helped the Israelites in their time of need, and show God's justice and mercy at the same time.

THE NEW TESTAMENT: these are the books that happened DURING or AFTER CHRIST. The first 4 books of the New Testament are the gospels, which all describe the life of Jesus. Afterwards, the books describe how the apostles left from Jesus converted people to christianity, and how God's mission was not just for the Jews, but the Gentiles (any religion that is Jewish) as well.

My favorite books in the old Testament are Sirach and Proverbs. In the New Testament, I like the gospel of John.

I personally recommend a Bible that includes the deutero-canonical books, the KJV does not include these books, but many have bits of wisdom in them (for instance Sirach is one of these books)

I hope this helps Gabriel!

You are special.

You are special.

thank you.

Here is a distinct Bible you should be looking for:

4.3 NAB with Revised Psalms and Revised New Testament (1991). It was due to the use of vertical inclusive language (re: God and Christ) and some uses of horizontal inclusive language (re: human beings), that the Holy See rejected this text as the basis of a revised Lectionary for the United States. This is the version of the NAB currently on sale in the United States.

it includes those books I talked about. :)

When we look in the bible, we find a story of man's fall from grace, to God's redemption. It contains amazing wisdom and guidance, I hope you would be able to get a bible, reading it really will impact your life, as you can read for yourself what Jesus said, and what Jesus did. 

Well first you have the Hebrew account of creation and the fall of man from grace. Then there is a relatively brief narrative dealing with the goings ons of pre-historic man, which mostly involves a bad situation getting worse. 

Then God founds a country called Israel. It gets enslaved by Egypt, so God squishes Egypt with bugs and frogs and dead children, which allows Israel to find the Promised Land, where it systematically slaughters the natives and sets down roots.

Israel is an OK country much of the time, whose role is principally to hold onto God's Old Covenant promises and prophecies while at the same time getting conquered over and over again, rebuilding over and over, foreshadowing the Jewish eventual role as Most Persistent Minority. 

Except when it isn't... 

But, Jesus, it's not God's fault. He's just big and stuff, like nature. You're tiny, so STHU.

Also, make ye the squick with the wifewoman, for she has breasts like deer-butts. Which is erotic, trust us."

Then there's one more great conquest and some stories about what Israelites do in exile and how they come back. After coming back they YET AGAIN revert to non-Judaic religions and stuff, so a bunch of prophets show up who basically say "STAHP." They also obliquely prophecy the coming of Christ.

Who is the subject of the next chapter. He comes along and says "BE YE MORE LIBERAL THAN YOU USED TO BE, ROME." This predictably leads to pretty much everyone wanting to kill him, so they do. But then God comes back to life because God can do that. A cult builds up around him and spreads through the middle east.

Then there are a bunch of letters that were / were not written by Paul about theology and church politics that we haven't been able to make total sense of in 2000 years of trying. These are followed by a book that was supposed to go in the Old Testament but which God forgot, so it got stuffed in at the very end as a kind of acid-trip appendix that no one ever in even the slightest way has been able to make heads or tails of. 

I died. This is like my favorite thing ever. 

I have never read the Bible but are absolutely Christian. What we find in the Bible? What is "for you" the Bible?

You can order a bible off the internet. If you have a computer/mobile device (like ios and android) they have apps for that. My brother has a computer with the bible app on it. Same for his phone. Or you can google seach verses and it will pull up sites with those verses.

You can order a bible off the internet. If you have a computer/mobile device (like ios and android) they have apps for that. My brother has a computer with the bible app on it. Same for his phone. Or you can google seach verses and it will pull up sites with those verses.

I live in a house that is flooded with Bibles and Gospels .. But are belong others.

I live in a house that is flooded with Bibles and Gospels .. But are belong others.

If you want a real hardcore bible, id get a KJV bible

Edited by Bryce B.

A KJV Bible is good, but the Bible I mentioned includes those other books most Protestants DON'T have.

If one doesn't care about those books missing though, this is the best version of the Bible.

^ John wins the thread. XD 

... No, I think Yves does, I mean, look at this.

I lol'd. I lol'd sooooo hard.

Guest Mike Spero

Except when it isn't... 

2llmz2e.png

Keep in mind that Arcano speeks Italian. And even though i speak english,i perfer the message bible. Some people dont like the Ye's and Thy's.

Keep in mind that Arcano speeks Italian. And even though i speak english,i perfer the message bible. Some people dont like the Ye's and Thy's.

The Message barely qualifies as a Bible. If you want an easy to read translation that isn't ridiculous, go NLT.

The Message barely qualifies as a Bible. If you want an easy to read translation that isn't ridiculous, go NLT.

KJV isnt ridiculous

KJV isnt ridiculous

No one said it was. Just that it might be difficult for someone who is not a native English speaker and is reading the bible for the first time.