Jump to content
slycooper

Sci-fi/Horror RP Interest Check

Recommended Posts


Hmm... Y'know what? I think I'd like to try this one if there's room. I dunno if I'll be any good at it, but you never know till you try.

Edited by She-geek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... Y'know what? I think I'd like to try this one if there's room. I dunno if I'll be any good at it, but you never know till you try.

 

 

Of course you can m'love! Just get to it when you can, i'll send you an establishing post when its done so you can jump in easily and know where people are/who is still active ^_^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, great. :)

 

I have a few questions though: I'll be making a mercenary type character, correct? And if I can't find a good photo, is a drawing okay for a picture as long it's a nice one and not anime? (like this, for example)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, great. :)

 

I have a few questions though: I'll be making a mercenary type character, correct? And if I can't find a good photo, is a drawing okay for a picture as long it's a nice one and not anime? (like this, for example)

 

 

Course! It's realistic looking enough, mine is a computer created image anyway so I can't complain :P

And only if you want, you need to think of a reason why they would join such a mission but mercanary is only the obvious fit. So for example TK (before he retired) had a journalist undercover, we had a couple who wanted to go for scienc-y reasons and another who worked as an employee of the corp. Basically be as creative or as un-creative as you fancy! <3 If you'd like to be involved in the backstory somehow then let me know and I can give you some threads which you may like if you're struggling with history ideas :3 I know my opening is a wee bit vague but I gave more detail at various points in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I think I have a backstory skeleton that could work; but now I have to actually write it, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, guys, I was waiting for Faith to post and then I got busy and forgot to check :P

De nada, your life is super busy :P post whenever you fancy, I think I'm too far ahead to make a post myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<3 So as it may be a lil confusing at the moment, here's where people stand as I remember it.? Next to name means I'm not sure if they're still playing.

Me and Jael - gaining access to the maintneace corridor

Jazzy - being an excitable puppy running about

Cam- just gave people the droid things

Southern Christian (?) Checking computer

Ash (?) Checking the blood

Logos and Faith (?) Just got off ship.

Think that's everything? Just figured it would be handy if people need to 'reset' their character a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah. I'm still in. Might take me a few days to respond though... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<3 So as it may be a lil confusing at the moment, here's where people stand as I remember it.? Next to name means I'm not sure if they're still playing.

Me and Jael - gaining access to the maintneace corridor

Jazzy - being an excitable puppy running about

Cam- just gave people the droid things

Southern Christian (?) Checking computer

Ash (?) Checking the blood

Logos and Faith (?) Just got off ship.

Think that's everything? Just figured it would be handy if people need to 'reset' their character a bit.

OH YAY I'M AN EXCITABLE PUPPY LOL He was following your person Abby :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH YAY I'M AN EXCITABLE PUPPY LOL He was following your person Abby :P

Ahhhhh. In which case, if three are going thaddaway then the rest are probably best doing the mystery path and staying/solving le clues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I just assume my character was napping when they flew in or something? I'm not quite sure what the best way to jump in would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, i'm being a crappy GM right now - will spend more time on this over the weekend now ive got a break from work.

 

Should I just assume my character was napping when they flew in or something? I'm not quite sure what the best way to jump in would be.

 

Completely up to you! That was just like the prologue, I don't think it would look too out of place if your character isn't fully aware of those around them or not commenting on them. For the most part everyone is about the same amount of actions, i'll PM you the location description when I can (tonight or tomorrow morning) and that will present different ideas for you to move your character. But really it's just like start up by exiting the ship and then doing what ye will.

The PM will make it clearer T.T

Edited by slycooper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sly, is Venera accepted?

 

She-Geek, if Venera is accepted, you can have your character be with her, or with the mercenary crew, whichever you prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ja its fine! (Sorry, seeing you posted it to the thread I thought you forgot about that bit :3). I take it the ship isn't the one parked in the cargo bay though right? So long as it isn't that's fine. If you want I can give you a list of starting places for them or you can just enter the cargo bay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ja its fine! (Sorry, seeing you posted it to the thread I thought you forgot about that bit :3).

 

 

 

Please PM me your profiles before posting

 

 

Oops!  I did forget about that bit, sorry!  :blushing:

 

I take it the ship isn't the one parked in the cargo bay though right? So long as it isn't that's fine. If you want I can give you a list of starting places for them or you can just enter the cargo bay.

 

The ship definitely isn't the one in the cargo bay. :)  No white stripe, hehe.  Venera would look for an entry point where she and Signy could sneak in, where they'd also have a good chance of being able to get out in a hurry (i.e., not have a cargo bay door shut behind them by someone in the base), and if possible, with a big enough entry/exit door for her to haul loot out.  Failing that, she'd want to get in with Signy, scope the place out, then get to a computer somewhere and disable the cargo bay's defenses before moving her Ship in there.  In short, I think it would be cool for Venera and Signy to encounter the merc crew somewhere inside the base, rather than fly in behind them.  She would have tried to hack into somewhere (the base itself, or maybe the company that owns it if that could be done remotely) to try and get blueprints, security passwords etc., and some idea of what goods might be there for the taking.  So that could be a basis for her to have a list of possible entry points. :)

Edited by Logos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops!  I did forget about that bit, sorry!  :blushing:

 

 

The ship definitely isn't the one in the cargo bay. :)  No white stripe, hehe.  Venera would look for an entry point where she and Signy could sneak in, where they'd also have a good chance of being able to get out in a hurry (i.e., not have a cargo bay door shut behind them by someone in the base), and if possible, with a big enough entry/exit door for her to haul loot out.  Failing that, she'd want to get in with Signy, scope the place out, then get to a computer somewhere and disable the cargo bay's defenses before moving her Ship in there.  In short, I think it would be cool for Venera and Signy to encounter the merc crew somewhere inside the base, rather than fly in behind them.  She would have tried to hack into somewhere (the base itself, or maybe the company that owns it if that could be done remotely) to try and get blueprints, security passwords etc., and some idea of what goods might be there for the taking.  So that could be a basis for her to have a list of possible entry points. :)

Okay cool! I could really do with drawing up a map i think so this makes more sense but say, if we had a trash disposal plant where it gets compacted and then transported into craters via specialised automated trucks, or a mouth of one of the mines... Thinking logically she would probably try the floating ship as this is why all the higher up, protected functions work and where hacking the systems would gain the most perks (I swear I named this, but ive lost a few of my notes ;-; De nada, no biggy) which meh, we'll call the Citadel as 'giant floaty ship' isnt very catchy. To get a sense of scale it is about twice the size of a football stadium.  As the base and citadel is protected by the anti-air weapons this wont be possible until they've been turned off (she can know this previously or learn the hard way ala emergency landing or crash land somewhere near to the merc crew). They could of course land outside of the facility and make their way in via numerous entry-ways. Up to you!

I can think of more if you need so <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×