Ghid

Arabs Fear Iran or Israel?

Arabs fear Iran

A bunch more than Israel.

Say academics.

Arabs have been in at war with Israel since Harry Truman was President of the United States, so anyone might wonder at the irony of Arabs fearing Iran and its nuclear bombs more than Israel and its nuclear bombs.

Or even more bizarre, this article about the situation quotes western academics, not Arab leaders.

Iran, besides threatening its neighbors with the possibility of nuclear weapons, also sponsors terrorists around the world. 

For example, in 1994 a bombing of a Jewish community in Argentina killed 85. Many in Argentina believe Iran is responsible for the bombing, which is described as “the worst terror attack in Argentine history.

Officials ignored the case in the 1990's, and the first judge to investigate the bombing was impeached in 2003 for bribing a witness. On Jan. 18, public prosecutor Alberto Nisman was found dead in his apartment with a point-blank gunshot wound to his head. The next day he was to present evidence of an alleged conspiracy by [President] Kirchner [of Argentina] and her associates to cover up Iran’s alleged role.

Iran's reach reaches around the world.

:)

Edited by Ghid

Imo i beleive Israel is more feared

And why do you believe that Israel is more feared?

More about Iran and American attitudes about Iran.

Nearly two-thirds of Americans favor an agreement with Iran that includes the key elements of a deal now under discussion. I don't know if "the deal" means the "UN resolutions" or "Obama Administration negotiations." Either way, it does not include expecting Iran to stop funding terrorists.

The two thirds number is according to Steven Kull, director of the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland, College Park. I don't know anything about him. The Christian Science Monitor thinks he's a proper talking head.

Iran is an Arab country. I draw my opinion from the fact that they constantly attack Israel for something that's not theirs.

Iran is an Arab country. I draw my opinion from the fact that they constantly attack Israel for something that's not theirs.

Actually, Iranians are not Arabs.

I know this first hand because I have a sort-of boyfriend, whose family is Iranian. We have attended dances and parties together. 

His family has a retail business, and one day I was at the store when I said that American students learn about Omar Khayyam, the Arab mathematician and poet.

My friend's father heard my comment, and he interrupted the conversation to set me straight, "Khayyam was Iranian. Arabs are savages."

So Iranians are not Arabs. They speak Farsi, not Arabic.

Iranians who live here in the United States tell me that in years past, Iranians would go to Israel for medical care. Planeloads of Iranians traveled to and from Israel, taking people to their doctors. If Iranians really feared Israel, seems like they would not go to Israel to see doctors.

I don't see how Iranian terrorist attacks on Israel has anything to do with fear.  Hatred maybe, but not fear.

Edited by Ghid