Lefebvre

No matter what, men are pigs...

I must say, that study is right; next Door to my church is a boy who is very nice and always opens doors and such but when asked why he does this he will say that its because girls are weaker and that's what boys are supposed to do. Just so you know: girls hate being reminded That dudes are stronger.

Just so you know: girls hate being reminded That dudes are stronger.

That's dumb. I've not met very many females who regarded their brute strength as a feature of their identity or a measure of their worth, like makes tend to naturally do.

That's dumb. I've not met very many females who regarded their brute strength as a feature of their identity or a measure of their worth, like makes tend to naturally do.

I'm not saying we see strength like dudes do, I'm saying it's demeaning when dudes bring it up, acting as if it means we are inferior. Everyone knows men are stronger then women it's just do they have to bring it up all the time as if we can't do anything?

I'm not saying we see strength like dudes do, I'm saying it's demeaning when dudes bring it up, acting as if it means we are inferior. Everyone knows men are stronger then women it's just do they have to bring it up all the time as if we can't do anything?

Everyone ALSO knows that women can bleed for a week straight and not die, carry babies INSIDE THEM FOR 9 MONTHS  and also have killer natural leg strength.  My guy friends can't leg press 240, but I sure can! (I'm sure there's some guys out there who can do the same as me, or better, but that's besides the point.)

You hang out with macho-tards, like what...middle school football team?. Find decent guys to hang out with. :\ I've yet to meet a guy who's all "HUR DUR, I HAVE MUSCLES, girls are weak losers, men are better than women hur dur."

As for me, I'm a girl, and I like the fact that "* eyelash flutter* Can you pick up this big heavy object for little ol' me, darling? ;) " works like a charm every time.

( Even when I theoretically could pick it up myself...I'm somewhat lazy and manipulative. Maybe I'M the pig. :P)

No, men who open doors for women were just raised to believe that's the polite thing to do. I'm sure there are some guys who do see it as something they should do cuz "women are weak" or something but not all men have a secret agenda when they try to do something for a woman. Some are just genuinely thinking they're being polite XD

Though I do agree it's best to not do that stuff cuz of gender. I mean, I open doors for girls but I also open doors for guys. Doing something like opening a door for someone, giving them your seat or whatever purely cuz of gender isn't really the right thing to do. But like I said, some guys were just raised to believe they're being polite when they do that stuff

Well then those dudes are just idiots.

Men may seem to define "superiority" by properties that they possess. Therefore, a man might consider himself superior to a woman because of his physical strength, but that's by his own metric, and it's a dumb way to define superiority. ("Superiority is defined as being superior in the things that I selected because I am superior in them").

Humanity has much more important traits to gage superiority, namely, virtues.

If you fall into the dumb brute metric of superiority = more physical strength then yeah, it's going to be annoying. My roommate is a very strong guy and can deadlift 650 lbs. That's pretty good, but it isn't mind blowing, many men in your area can do that, I reckon, and my roommate is just a guy. He doesn't compete, he is nowhere near the world's best deadlifter. No woman on earth, has ever done that, ever, on any steroid, ever.

But what good is that? It's a biological remnant, really. Women are not so weak as to be helpless. The strength discrepancy between males and females is nearly irrelevant in the civilized world. It comes down to an statistic that means very little, unless you are a powerlifter. And, if you are a female power lifter, then you shouldn't care about men being stronger, you should care about breaking your own records, anyway.

Everyone ALSO knows that women can bleed for a week straight and not die, carry babies INSIDE THEM FOR 9 MONTHS  and also have killer natural leg strength.  My guy friends can't leg press 240, but I sure can! (I'm sure there's some guys out there who can do the same as me, or better, but that's besides the point.)

Ehhh, sorry but that's just a myth really. It's true that the legs are "more equal" in strength between men and women (the shoulders and upper body are loaded with androgen receptors) but men of equal weight still have much stronger legs, naturally.

Ok. I've lost all faith in the US now. Anyone second that?

Already have. Wanna join the group? I can give you a t-shirt.

Ehhh, sorry but that's just a myth really. It's true that the legs are "more equal" in strength between men and women (the shoulders and upper body are loaded with androgen receptors) but men of equal weight still have much stronger legs, naturally.

Oh, really?  Huh. I always thought it was true because of the whole "baby pushing" factor, that junk takes alot of force.

Oh, really?  Huh. I always thought it was true because of the whole "baby pushing" factor, that junk takes alot of force.

Well, I mean the powerlifting records speak for themselves. I personally never see women do nearly the weight of men on things like leg press *shrug*. The baby-pushing factor is only detrimental, part of the reason that men lift more is because their bone structure is more conducive to these powerful movements/running, while the female pelvis area is a "compromise" between those functions and childbirthing functions.

Edited by Cato

Actually this whole thread is demeaning toward the guys and the girls. The guys because it's saying that girls don't want you to be polite and open doors and things like that. To the girls, for actually implying all girls hate it. When in reality, it depends on the girl. I, for one, like the door opened for me.

But what good is that? It's a biological remnant, really. Women are not so weak as to be helpless. The strength discrepancy between males and females is nearly irrelevant in the civilized world. It comes down to an statistic that means very little, unless you are a powerlifter. And, if you are a female power lifter, then you shouldn't care about men being stronger, you should care about breaking your own records, anyway.

Ehhhhh, I'd disagree that it's irrelevant, just ask any sexual assault nurse examiner. It's important in many careers, as well. Physical strength carries a decent amount of weight in my field, pun fully intended and I am laughing to myself as I type. In academia, maybe y'all can get away with being wimps. ;) (jk, jk)

Funny story, I once worked with a guy who would jump in on the more backbreaking work before I got there. I mentioned that I'd noticed that he managed to often end up doing the more awkward lifting, and he said that he'd already jacked his back up and didn't want other people do the same, plus he was a chauvinist, so he wanted to protect women. I had much fun teasing him for about half a day before I had him look up the word "chauvinist." He honestly didn't know what it meant. :P But in that instance, he was sincerely trying to protect me from serious physical harm and I sincerely appreciated it.

As for my feelings on chivalry in general: I end up feeling... I don't want to say threatened, but as though I have to be on my guard in a lot of situations. Walking alone at night, e.g., I don't feel unsafe per se, but at the same time I don't walk along with my eyes on my phone screen. In such an instance, when I'm with a guy who's a "chauvinist," it takes a mental weight off.  I know a lot of guys who I would totally expect to try to stand between me and danger, and that is not something that I consider swineish.

Anyway, that honest desire to protect and serve those of the female gender, I respect and personally appreciate. But I will agree that there are a significant number of people who actually do have truly chauvinistic attitudes masked by a show of "chivalry." In some cases, the motivations are mixed or not even fully recognized by the person who holds them. If my coworker had been hogging the awkward lifting because "women shouldn't be in this field, they'll just get hurt," I would have had an entirely different response.

And guys, if a woman doesn't want you to open doors for her, her attitude may come from a lot of past negative personal experience. So be chivalrous and honor her instead of name-calling. If a women doesn't accept your gesture and you turn around and call her a *****, you're a pig.

Also, I remember when this thread was new. 0.o

Edited by lauralei

Ehhhhh, I'd disagree that it's irrelevant, just ask any sexual assault nurse examiner. It's important in many careers, as well. Physical strength carries a decent amount of weight in my field, pun fully intended and I am laughing to myself as I type. In academia, maybe y'all can get away with being wimps. ;) (jk, jk)

Funny story, I once worked with a guy who would jump in on the more backbreaking work before I got there. I mentioned that I'd noticed that he managed to often end up doing the more awkward lifting, and he said that he'd already jacked his back up and didn't want other people do the same, plus he was a chauvinist, so he wanted to protect women. I had much fun teasing him for about half a day before I had him look up the word "chauvinist." He honestly didn't know what it meant. :P But in that instance, he was sincerely trying to protect me from serious physical harm and I sincerely appreciated it.

As for my feelings on chivalry in general: I end up feeling... I don't want to say threatened, but as though I have to be on my guard in a lot of situations. Walking alone at night, e.g., I don't feel unsafe per se, but at the same time I don't walk along with my eyes on my phone screen. In such an instance, when I'm with a guy who's a "chauvinist," it takes a mental weight off.  I know a lot of guys who I would totally expect to try to stand between me and danger, and that is not something that I consider swineish.

Anyway, that honest desire to protect and serve those of the female gender, I respect and personally appreciate. But I will agree that there are a significant number of people who actually do have truly chauvinistic attitudes masked by a show of "chivalry." In some cases, the motivations are mixed or not even fully recognized by the person who holds them. If my coworker had been hogging the awkward lifting because "women shouldn't be in this field, they'll just get hurt," I would have had an entirely different response.

And guys, if a woman doesn't want you to open doors for her, her attitude may come from a lot of past negative personal experience. So be chivalrous and honor her instead of name-calling. If a women doesn't accept your gesture and you turn around and call her a *****, you're a pig.

Also, I remember when this thread was new. 0.o

Qft.

I've had a whole lifetime of negative interactions with males. The idea that its my fault, or my mother's poor choices are idiotic as a good 7-8 years were spent with a man my mother met at our church. He was verbally and physically abusive but it was only towards the end when he got physical.

growing up having a distinct distaste for the male parental authority hasn't really left me with a mountain of bias to overcome (when you are a child, and you are in an abusive situation, you will be written off as recalcitrant, this is a mistake.) My younger brother hadn't ever portrayed any threatening behavior despite his utter lack of decent role model. ... I don't think I made much of a distinct mental connect adult male= monster. That came later when I reviewed what an absolute mess my siblings mental states where.

In my experience, the one who damages and destroys has been the man, consistently, so my instincts were fashioned after my experience. I regret feeling like I needed to be sweet and silent for a long time. It was exhausting. It was very efficient. I wasn't further abused.

Upon reflection I came to a conclusion. "The enemy isn't Man, or Woman it's stupid people.and nobody has the right to be stupid." - Sir Terry Pratchett.

A guided conclusion... or... well that quote sums it up nicely.

So, surprisingly I've been accused of putting too much faith in people, or always looking for the bright side of situations. This is due to my absolute disgust with being written off so frequently for sounding and looking like of do. Men aren't monsters these days. They're just humans. I have a boy friend and while it irks him that I get testy about him trying to foot every dinner bill he's starting to adapt.

I don't think men are swine. I think they're ignorant of the frequent small battles women have to fight to stay sane and safe. I think it's a shame that men think they're confined to being chivalrous towards women as the only means of displaying they're "good guys". And it's even more of a shame that some women treat men like garbage if they don't reach a certain standard.

Though it's horrifying thinking, "a woman pushes a man far enough and he'll hurt her". While not having any evidence on the contrary at all.

You misunderstand me, I think. I'm not questioning the importance of physical strength, it's something that I think every person should strive for (I assent with Socrates).

What I mean is that the physical strength in which a male is potentially capable of is very, very, very, very excessive for any career or practical use. The point I was making about the irrelevance of male strength isn't an irrelevance of strength, I'm saying that the strength levels attainable by women is much more than enough for any practical use and career in the modern age. The strength levels attainable by men is comically excessive in the same regard. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if men become much weaker further down the evolutionary road (consider the strength of a chimp vs human!), it's a curiosity that male humans still possess such absurd potentials for brute strength. There is no practical need to be able to squat 600 lbs within our biology.

Now, when you start talking about physical assault, and things like that, I concede.

Edited by Cato