Diakonos

Creflo Dollar wants what?!

I know next to nothing about how Christian missionaries use airplanes, but I suspect that airplanes could be a normal thing.

I read a book, In the Presence of My Enemies by Gracia Burnham. He husband worked as the mission's pilot. 

Also see,

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2012/June/Flying-Again-Burnham-10-Years-after-Kidnapping/

I would ask Pastor Dollar why he can't used ordinary commercial aircraft. His video shows him going to many countries, all of which have airports and regularly scheduled flights.

The Burnham's used their aircraft to go to remote locations with no scheduled flights.

His last name is "Dollar"... expecting money shouldn't be a shock to anyone. XD

I was thinking the same thing. lol

Anyone else peeved about how they listed Mexico, Canada, The U.S., then listed North America like it was something different?

Guest JAG
I would ask Pastor Dollar why he can't used ordinary commercial aircraft. His video shows him going to many countries, all of which have airports and regularly scheduled flights.

The Burnham's used their aircraft to go to remote locations with no scheduled flights.

^This is the only thing I find strange about it.  I don't find it strange that he needs an aircraft - when an organization gets that big it's typically required (my dad's office, for example, has a private jet because they fly all over America for their job).  It really comes down to this: is it cheaper to fly commercial over the life of a new jet?  If it's not, then by all means buy a new plane.

Guest Mike Spero

Maybe the Protestants should have a Pope as well, then they can get fired for wasting money xp

Also,
his name reminds me of a rapper.

"Gimme All Yo Money, Fool!", the latest hiphop chart topper by Mr. T, B.O.B, T-Pain and Creflo Dollah.

Creflo Dollar is getting a lot of scorn and ridicule because of this. And it's well deserved.

I'm not familiar with the name, but it seems silly that he need's a private jet, because I think he's a missionary? 

The issue I have with it, is not that he needs one, but rather that he asked his congregation, when he has 2 Rolls Royce, a $1.5 million Manhattan apartment, among other things, and yet he needs a private plane to "further the Gospel". What Gospel? He's a known prosperity preacher.  

What kind of name is Creflo? It sounds like a drain cleaner. 

This is just...you win the thread.

^This is the only thing I find strange about it.  I don't find it strange that he needs an aircraft - when an organization gets that big it's typically required (my dad's office, for example, has a private jet because they fly all over America for their job).  It really comes down to this: is it cheaper to fly commercial over the life of a new jet?  If it's not, then by all means buy a new plane.

That is so like totally tubular. I can see how private aircraft could be cheaper than commercial aircraft, but I suspect that corporate aircraft are not about the cost.

At first I didn’t remember that I knew anything corporate aircraft, but I do remember Independence Day conversations between some of my grandfather’s (the sane one) cousins. Some of them worked for large companies. Sometimes when they won sales contests, they took a ride in the corporate plane to the corporate resort, where they took corporate showers with corporate, gold plated faucets, etc.

The interesting thing: the corporate plane rides were identical to the commercial plane rides, which they had taken dozens of times. I think maybe the company plane was more of a perk then a cost saver.

:)

I had not heard of Pastor Dollar, but today I got an earful. 

Today was a rest day at school. We spent the morning taking a state exit test, so during our lunch study session, I mentioned Pastor Dollar. I am still a little in shock over the typhoon of contemptuous karma his name generated.

:)

Also, if you're raising money to get a plane to fly to 3rd world places that don't have airports... you fly your plane there...where the heck are you going to land it? In a goat field? Is it a pontoon plane and you can just land in someone's pond?

When missionaries have a mission in a remote location, an aircraft might be a necessity because of the lack of roads. That was the situation with the Burnham's mission in the Philippine Islands. 

The video suggested that the Dollar missions are all in cities with airports. 

Enjoy your plane Creflo. You won't be needing it someday, in the special circle of Hell set aside for televangelists and fraudsters.

Enjoy your plane Creflo. You won't be needing it someday, in the special circle of Hell set aside for televangelists and fraudsters.

For once

I must say AMEN to a comment from Ethan

XD

Enjoy your plane Creflo. You won't be needing it someday, in the special circle of @#!*% set aside for televangelists and fraudsters.

pfffft! XD You're amazing.

Haaah. Well put.

I don't understand why he needs what is, essentially, the most luxurious and expensive, top of the line private jet possible.

I don't understand why he needs what is, essentially, the most luxurious and expensive, top of the line private jet possible.

Well, it IS Creflo Dollar. He won't settle for anything other than the best.

Well, it IS Creflo Dollar. He won't settle for anything other than the best.

And yet he insists on keeping that horrendous name.