Sign in to follow this  
RayRay

The broke life of a Student

As some of you may realise, we are currently in the easter holidays

According to my spreadsheet, I am practically on -£300 for this month and I don't get the final installment of my student finance loan for another 4 weeks!

:crying: :crying:

I chose not to go back to my part time job this Easter because...well... my last exam grades suffered as a result of me working part time...starting to question that decision.

How do you guys budget in university?

On a totally different subject...

I woke up this morning to come across an article that said that my Uni is being renamed in honour of our contribution to the discovery of the remains of King Richard III.

My heart nearly stopped... then I realised it was April fools day... :laugh: [Although to be fair, I woundn't put it past the powers that be to do a thing like this...Leicester university loves attention from the media...I mean, 31 years later we're still putting up banners about our discovery of DNA fingerprinting].

As interesting as the whole thing is...I would prefer to graduate from the University of Leicester and not King Richard III University...  :D

Edited by RayRay

My parents pay for university, which is not too much because of gouvernement funding.

University tuition for me is £9000 per year and my parents can barely afford to buy enough food in the house for the month.

I've had to become more independent in terms of my finances but its difficult

Girl, I know the struggle. I'm just beginning college next week.

You need to be aggressive with applying for scholarships. That's what I literally spend a lot of time doing. It's exhausting but you have to want it. Do you have financial aid?