Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

ECAlvarez

How many books have you read?

I've always been an avid lover of books, so it is impossible to say how many I've read over the last fifteen years or so.

I don't know how many books I've read, but I imagine it's somewhere in the 50s or 60s. Best one I read was Of Mice and Men. Not sure what the worst was though.

If you're talking about my whole life, probably a few hundred. I LOVED reading back in elementary school, especially the Lord of the Rings and some other series who's name I can't recall. But once I hit middle school/sixth grade I realized reading sucked and haven't touched anything that wasn't mandatory for school, since

Out of the ones we had to read for school and I can remember, I really liked... none of them; besides old Greek tragedies and epics. If poetry counts, I really liked a lot of that. When it comes to dislikes, I disliked Huckleberry Finn especially, out of all we had to read.

Oh! But I do remember one series I picked up in 9th grade when we were required to read whatever we wanted, called the Wereling series. I'm sure I wouldn't like it now, but at the time I loved those books to death. Which was weird, cause they're books

Edited by Mike Spero

If you're talking about my whole life, probably a few hundred. I LOVED reading back in elementary school, especially the Lord of the Rings and some other series who's name I can't recall. But once I hit middle school/sixth grade I realized reading sucked and haven't touched anything that wasn't mandatory for school, since

Out of the ones we had to read for school and I can remember, I really liked... none of them; besides old Greek tragedies and epics. If poetry counts, I really liked a lot of that. When it comes to dislikes, I disliked Huckleberry Finn especially, out of all we had to read.

Oh! But I do remember one series I picked up in 9th grade when we were required to read whatever we wanted, called the Wereling series. I'm sure I wouldn't like it now, but at the time I loved those books to death. Which was weird, cause they're books

Mike, I love ya man but.... *throws all of my books at you* READING IS AWESOME LEARN TO LOVE IT

YOU MUST READ! IT MAKES YOU SMARTERER! :P

Mike, I love ya man but.... *throws all of my books at you* READING IS AWESOME LEARN TO LOVE IT

I get the feeling I'd be long since dead if you threw all of your books at me xp Overkill, much?

YOU MUST READ! IT MAKES YOU SMARTERER! :P

No, it makes you die realizing how much time you wasted your life boring yourself xp At least to me, it does ;P

I have absolutely no idea how many books I've read. Most of my family reallly loves reading, actually... Right now in our house there's 11 big bookshelves full of books. lol

This thread inspired me to figure up how much I've read this year. I've been keeping a list, but I'm not good at updating regularly so I relied on memory to fill in the blanks.

If memory serves me, I've read 21 novels and 17 short stories since January 1. Not as good as I hoped, heh. Thankfully I have eight months to go....

This thread inspired me to figure up how much I've read this year. I've been keeping a list, but I'm not good at updating regularly so I relied on memory to fill in the blanks.

If memory serves me, I've read 21 novels and 17 short stories since January 1. Not as good as I hoped, heh. Thankfully I have eight months to go....

Wow, that's still pretty impressive. That's about half of what I've read in my entire life in just 3 months. I should maybe read more :P

Actually, I totally forgot Stephen King's Night Shift in that tally, so add twenty stories to that short story count-- 37. Wow.

Uh, yeah. When I was 12, I decided to make an effort at reading most of the local library, without being very nit-picky. I couldn't even begin to predict how many books I've read. ._. If we were talking about how many we own: I probably have around 500 paperbacks and hardbacks in my room and several thousand ebooks on my Nook. xD

I have absolutely no idea how many books I've read.....probably somewhere around a thousand. The best? The Bible. Duh xD  and the CHAOS Novels trilogy comes in second, or maybe Renegade Spirits, or possibly Left Behind....and Sherlock Holmes. Um, yeah, I have a lot of favorites xD I can tell you the worst, though. That would be Skeleton Man, it was so  :sleep:

Too many to count, I should think. I've adored reading since I've been able to; my parents are both big readers, and we've always had copious books at home. Although, I don't like people buying books for me. Need to choose them myself. 

I must have read close to a thousand, way too many for me to count, even if I had all of the fingers and toes to do it on. The best book? The bible, of course, but other than that there are almost too many to choose from. Perhaps something by Louis L'Amour or Mark Twain. The worst one? Maybe For Whom the Bell Tolls, by Hemingway. I thought that book really Stunk, with a capitol S.

Over a hundred, I think I started reading because I saw a bible, and someone holding an infant upside-down. I was like, "well, if I learn to read, I'll know what's happening!" So I learned how to read, and read that part. "Ooooooh! It was mandatory! Okay! The baby wasn't hurt!"

Then mom introduced me to Harry Potter at 11:00 PM, I finished the first harry potter book in two-three hours, came out at 12 or 1 AM, and went: "Mom, this book is awesome! Can I read the next one?" "GO BACK TO BED. And you can read it tomorrow."

I have a bookshelf in my bedroom, books on the floor cuz there's not enough room on the bookshelf. Books in MY BED, so I wake up to something hard on my leg or back xD I push it off and fall back asleep. xD

I read really fast, if it's something like physics, it'll take me a long time to read it, because I don't want to skip something.

Fiction? I'll finish it in a day, that's what I call easy fiction. HARD FICTION is something like Shakespeare, JRR Tolkien, C.S. Lewis.

Things like that. :P

Over a hundred, I think I started reading because I saw a bible, and someone holding an infant upside-down. I was like, "well, if I learn to read, I'll know what's happening!" So I learned how to read, and read that part. "Ooooooh! It was mandatory! Okay! The baby wasn't hurt!"

Then mom introduced me to Harry Potter at 11:00 PM, I finished the first harry potter book in two-three hours, came out at 12 or 1 AM, and went: "Mom, this book is awesome! Can I read the next one?" "GO BACK TO BED. And you can read it tomorrow."

I have a bookshelf in my bedroom, books on the floor cuz there's not enough room on the bookshelf. Books in MY BED, so I wake up to something hard on my leg or back xD I push it off and fall back asleep. xD

I read really fast, if it's something like physics, it'll take me a long time to read it, because I don't want to skip something.

Fiction? I'll finish it in a day, that's what I call easy fiction. HARD FICTION is something like Shakespeare, JRR Tolkien, C.S. Lewis.

Things like that. :P

I'm the same way. I can read whole series of fiction books in a week or less.

I have played 1,000 video games in my life, and only read maybe 100 books.

I am a terrible person.

By the way, my favorite book was The Hobbit.

Edited by Mu_

Many, many books. In middle school I got a plaque for checking out and reading every book in the school library with a reading level over 3rd grade. Readings been a fantastic coping mechanism among other fantastic things.

Just an estimate. Probably more than 500 but less than 800. I'd love to read more but I'm too busy with work.

I don't know how anyone could make an even vaguely accurate guess to this question. :P

oh honey, we're probably up in the thousands somewhere.