What Music Do You Game To?

Guest Mike Spero

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike Spero

I don't listen to any funny music, so I've never had the luxury of something funny coming on at a hilarious time

If it counts, I distinctly remember being nine and playing Resident Evil 4 to Michael Jackson. That was my probably my favorite game as a kid, and I was only allowed to listen to R and B, so the mental image of this is just amazing

https://youtu.be/oi9FcAZuXxU?t=3m8s

Edited by Mike Spero

I don't listen to any funny music, so I've never had the luxury of something funny coming on at a hilarious time

If it counts, I distinctly remember being nine and playing Resident Evil 4 to Michael Jackson. That was my probably my favorite game as a kid, and I was only allowed to listen to R and B, so the mental image of this is just amazing

After seeing this, I'm gonna play a zombie game listening to Thriller now XD

Guest Mike Spero

After seeing this, I'm gonna play a zombie game listening to Thriller now XD

Right? Cx

Edited by Mike Spero

Guest Mike Spero

XD this has officially made my day lol

It's beautiful X,3

So, speaking of games, just found out I beat the third boss of Bloodborne without realizing you're supposed to upgrade weapons and I was less than half as strong as I should have been. I feel like inner death TT~TT All of that waste stress, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

*cries in a corner

It's beautiful X,3

So, speaking of games, just found out I beat the third boss of Bloodborne without realizing you're supposed to upgrade weapons and I was less than half as strong as I should have been. I feel like inner death TT~TT All of that waste stress, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

*cries in a corner

I hate it when that happens x_x

It took me ages to discover you could do that in DCUO. Every enemy I fought just completely annihilated me cuz they were about three times stronger than I was

*sad violin music plays*

Guest Mike Spero

I hate it when that happens x_x

It took me ages to discover you could do that in DCUO. Every enemy I fought just completely annihilated me cuz they were about three times stronger than I was

*sad violin music plays*

I've never played that game, but I know the feeling x.x Except I was still annihilating, just with lots of added stress xc

It's like "YOU HAVE A TUTORIAL PAGE FOR HOW TO OPEN THE MENU FOR GOD'S SAKE, WAS IT REALLY THAT DIFFICULT TO SAY: "Hey stupid, go here to not subject yourself to a dark souls game that's now THREE TIMES AS HARD"? TT~TT"

Seriously, when your weapon's durability drops and there's a workbench with the options "fortify" and "repair", which both take the same items, it's a natural assumption that they both only involve durability!!! D,X Why "fortify", were they too hipster for "upgrade"???? 3,:<

I've never played that game, but I know the feeling x.x Except I was still annihilating, just with lots of added stress xc

It's like "YOU HAVE A TUTORIAL PAGE FOR HOW TO OPEN THE MENU FOR GOD'S SAKE, WAS IT REALLY THAT DIFFICULT TO SAY: "Hey stupid, go here to not subject yourself to a dark souls game that's now THREE TIMES AS HARD"? TT~TT"

Seriously, when your weapon's durability drops and there's a workbench with the options "fortify" and "repair", which both take the same items, it's a natural assumption that they both only involve durability!!! D,X Why "fortify", were they too hipster for "upgrade"???? 3,:<

So, probably one of the hardest games ever made (next to Minesweeper) thinks you're too dumb to open a menu, but thinks it's OK to throw you into a horde of monsters without even telling you how you can fight them without dying a million times?

What sadist made this game?! T_T

Guest Mike Spero

So, probably one of the hardest games ever made (next to Minesweeper) thinks you're too dumb to open a menu, but thinks it's OK to throw you into a horde of monsters without even telling you how you can fight them without dying a million times?

What sadist made this game?! T_T

The tutorial is all optional, you have to find it. You also can make your way to the second boss before the first and fourth before the third, without even knowing it. It gives you no direction or help, and every important item is missable or hidden. Apparently I missed an epic armor set because there's a way to befriend an enemy that spends half the beginning of the game shooting a gatling gun at you; though all that's obvious is a ladder leading up to him to fight.

Nothing is required. If you were somehow capable of beating all the game's bosses bare handed and at level one, you could go through the whole thing in about fifteen minutes by just going the right way. That's very impossible, of course, but it goes to show how little the game makes you actually do to better yourself. It's the point of souls games, it's realistic in the sense that you learn and adapt to everything on your own; as if you were really thrown into this scenario. It's an experience unlike any other, though you spend the whole time fighting your gamer instincts because the game is so different.

Say the whole game has been nice enough to put guard rails on top of house roofs besides where you can safely fall down onto another ledge. So naturally you start to trust when you see the space in a guard rail, and end up walking off of a tall building to your death in area three. You suddenly are faced with near impossible fights, so you investigate and discover you aren't bettering your weapons. You see an easy enemy that looks like the rest besides a small difference in the item he's holding in his left hand, and naturally have your guard down because he's easy; except that small difference is a weapon that can kill you in a second. It's all about discovering, free from the linearity and nonsense of almost every other game. You choose what you want to know and do, where you want to travel, and learn to never make assumptions.

It's infuriating, but you start to learn quickly that it's just your trust in the linearity of other games that makes it so annoying. It's actually VERY fun, more than any game I've ever played, I'd say

The tutorial is all optional, you have to find it. You also can make your way to the second boss before the first and fourth before the third, without even knowing it. It gives you no direction or help, and every important item is missable or hidden. Apparently I missed an epic armor set because there's a way to befriend an enemy that spends half the beginning of the game shooting a gatling gun at you; though all that's obvious is a ladder leading up to him to fight.

Nothing is required. If you were somehow capable of beating all the game's bosses bare handed and at level one, you could go through the whole thing in about fifteen minutes by just going the right way. That's very impossible, of course, but it goes to show how little the game makes you actually do to better yourself. It's the point of souls games, it's realistic in the sense that you learn and adapt to everything on your own; as if you were really thrown into this scenario. It's an experience unlike any other, though you spend the whole time fighting your gamer instincts because the game is so different.

Say the whole game has been nice enough to put guard rails on top of house roofs besides where you can safely fall down onto another ledge. So naturally you start to trust when you see the space in a guard rail, and end up walking off of a tall building to your death in area three. You suddenly are faced with near impossible fights, so you investigate and discover you aren't bettering your weapons. You see an easy enemy that looks like the rest besides a small difference in the item he's holding in his left hand, and naturally have your guard down because he's easy; except that small difference is a weapon that can kill you in a second. It's all about discovering, free from the linearity and nonsense of almost every other game. You choose what you want to know and do, where you want to travel, and learn to never make assumptions.

It's infuriating, but you start to learn quickly that it's just your trust in the linearity of other games that makes it so annoying. It's actually VERY fun, more than any game I've ever played, I'd say

It does sound cool :)

I usually love playing those games that are usually really hard and frustrating. I got addicted to Super Meat Boy when it came out. I'd love to play Bloodborne, but my parents aren't prepared to buy a PS4 because they're so expensive and we recently got a baby in the house.

I'll have to save up for one, won't I? cx

Guest Mike Spero

It does sound cool :)

I usually love playing those games that are usually really hard and frustrating. I got addicted to Super Meat Boy when it came out. I'd love to play Bloodborne, but my parents aren't prepared to buy a PS4 because they're so expensive and we recently got a baby in the house.

I'll have to save up for one, won't I? cx

Really??? Did you just get a sibling? :oooo

And yeah, I guess. I got one just for my lp channel, because so many good games are exclusives to the system; and I already have a Wii U and 2DS for all nintendo stuff xp

Guest Mike Spero

Er, no. It's kinda complicated...

I see. I won't meddle, then :o But let me know if the father's not in her life, I'd be happy to make someone "disappear" :3

Edited by Mike Spero

Guest Mike Spero

I was referring to how you offered to make someone 'dissapear'

You weren't actually gonna kill someone, were you...? 0_0

Hahaha... No... Of course not, what kind of animal do you take me for? I was only joking

*whistles

tumblr_m11zgeCKJ31r8r9rt.gif