Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

carlinbates

Some Dating Advice

Hey y'all! :) So I've been asked my view on dating several times over these past view days. I also noticed that a few of you are a little stressed over the whole boy/girl thing. So I thought I'd offer you guys some advice. :clap: Take it or leave it for whatever it's worth! 

Personally, I believe that the guy should do all the initiating.  At first at least. (I also believe in courtship...sooo... that may or may not affect the way I think Lol!) 

I think that it's the guy's responsibility to do the pursuing. Girls...let HIM chase you and make a little easier on him. None of that playing "Hard to get" game. It only confuses him. He might like it for a a while, but eventually, he'll move on.  It's the same way with the girl pursuing the guy.  He might be flattered at first, but eventually, he'll get sick of it. He'll get bored.  The chase of the girl/getting her to notice and like him is half the fun of being in a relationship.  My older brothers have told me this all of my life and I definitely see it in my own life.  

Girls, let him come to you.  Give him a few little hints by subtly flirting with him, but don't be overwhelmingly obvious and don't do the asking on a date/paying for every date/making the first "move" bit.  That's his job. He enjoys it. Don't take that away from him.

Guys, don't be so scared.  Most of the time, we like you just as much as you like us and we're just WAITING for you to ask us on a date.  If you get rejected, it hurts.  But, don't let that keep you down forever. If you're too busy sulking about the one girl who said no, you might not ever notice the girl who's been made for you.  

Girls and guys, don't rush it.  God's in control and if you try to get into a relationship that's not right, it'll never work out and you'll both end up hurt.  Trust God to bring you your partner in His time and be patient enough to wait.  Because, it's totally worth it.  :) 

*stamps thumbs of approval* very well written :)

I agree with this. :D

I approve of this post :)

Thanks! :) So glad y'all like it...I was afraid most of you would be like pushing for gender equality. I'm not saying that one gender is better than the other, just that each gender was created to do different things.  But, when it comes down to it, this is only what my parents call a "gray" area of the Bible. It's neither black nor white, clear on either side.  It's also not something that our salvation hinges on.  So, just because this way of dating is right for me, doesn't mean it's right for you.  Seek your future spouse prayerfully in the way you feel is best (each person's convictions are different) and God will lead you to him/her.  

PS. I'm not saying it's WRONG, per se, for a girl to make the first move. I just think it's more Biblical (and a lot less heartache) if the girls let the guys do the pursual.  

Thanks! :) So glad y'all like it...I was afraid most of you would be like pushing for gender equality. I'm not saying that one gender is better than the other, just that each gender was created to do different things.  But, when it comes down to it, this is only what my parents call a "gray" area of the Bible. It's neither black nor white, clear on either side.  It's also not something that our salvation hinges on.  So, just because this way of dating is right for me, doesn't mean it's right for you.  Seek your future spouse prayerfully in the way you feel is best (each person's convictions are different) and God will lead you to him/her.  

PS. I'm not saying it's WRONG, per se, for a girl to make the first move. I just think it's more Biblical (and a lot less heartache) if the girls let the guys do the pursual.

The advice you gave is very helpful :)

WHAT?! You don't like comic sans?! Why??? xD

NO ONE LIKES COMIC SANS. just kidding. sort of.  ;)

On 4/13/2015 at 5:02 PM, carlinbates said:

Hey y'all! :) So I've been asked my view on dating several times over these past view days. I also noticed that a few of you are a little stressed over the whole boy/girl thing. So I thought I'd offer you guys some advice. :clap: Take it or leave it for whatever it's worth! 

Personally, I believe that the guy should do all the initiating.  At first at least. (I also believe in courtship...sooo... that may or may not affect the way I think Lol!) 

I think that it's the guy's responsibility to do the pursuing. Girls...let HIM chase you and make a little easier on him. None of that playing "Hard to get" game. It only confuses him. He might like it for a a while, but eventually, he'll move on.  It's the same way with the girl pursuing the guy.  He might be flattered at first, but eventually, he'll get sick of it. He'll get bored.  The chase of the girl/getting her to notice and like him is half the fun of being in a relationship.  My older brothers have told me this all of my life and I definitely see it in my own life.  

Girls, let him come to you.  Give him a few little hints by subtly flirting with him, but don't be overwhelmingly obvious and don't do the asking on a date/paying for every date/making the first "move" bit.  That's his job. He enjoys it. Don't take that away from him.

Guys, don't be so scared.  Most of the time, we like you just as much as you like us and we're just WAITING for you to ask us on a date.  If you get rejected, it hurts.  But, don't let that keep you down forever. If you're too busy sulking about the one girl who said no, you might not ever notice the girl who's been made for you.  

Girls and guys, don't rush it.  God's in control and if you try to get into a relationship that's not right, it'll never work out and you'll both end up hurt.  Trust God to bring you your partner in His time and be patient enough to wait.  Because, it's totally worth it.  :) 

Very well said! I definitely agree with your point of view about dating. My mom used to tell me the same things. We must entrust our relationship with God. He knew what's good for us. We must learn to be patient and do the right thing according to his will and teachings. True Love will come around in God's time.:thumbsup:

I very much wholeheartedly agree, BUT, there are some things I disagree with, and, well, one thing actually, ordering for your partner, like, ordering food at a restaurant. NO. She knows what she wants, or she'll figure it out, I see it as rude to assume and order for them. Besides, if they want something, they order it, and THEN you pay for it, I see that as a gesture that no matter the price you'll pay, which is quite romantic. I personally would also support clarifying she can get whatever she likes. Anyways, besides that small disagreement with the 'gentleman aspect', courtship is a very lovely and traditional thing, and I agree with your tips. I personally already do these things, and would hope all others do as well.