So, who else likes to go to op shops? I believe these are called "flea markets" in America, but I'm also including garage sales, school fetes, swap marts, or any other place where you can buy things cheaply.

What do you normally look for while you're there?

What are some of the coolest/best deals you've got?

I normally look for DVDs, video games, or "things" in general although usually not clothing.

These are three of the really good deals I've found:

1) Pokemon card collection - including the original Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur and several other holos for $5.

2) Official "Lion King" broadway t-shirt: $5

3) Seven Studio Ghibli DVDs for $2.50 each.

I remember I used to love those as a kid :D

I would usually just buy DVDs, board games and anything else that interested my little 5 year old mind XD

My mum would actually sell plaques and jewellery at them from time to time and still does today

I

love

yard sales

even if I don't buy anything. sometimes you can find some really rad stuff there. I tend to look at stuffed animals...cus yah know... XD but there have been times I have found cds or dvds that are good. :)

oh swap markets

you must mean second hand stores bam

I love savers. I have found some amazing dresses for way less, and cute stuffed animals

I should really grow out of stuffed animals

but I found this usually expensive beanie baby for a dollar at savers. not kidding. I was beyond happy.

I love thirft shopping. I'm broke. It's nice.

and yardsales! I scored the Sims 2 with two expansion packs for a dollar a couple years ago. :D Best. dollar. spent.

I love to bargain hunt, mostly at yard sales, thrift stores, and flea markets. I usually look for books, cheap CDs for bands/singers I like, books, sometimes movies, books, sometimes postcards, books, and sometimes clothes. And then more books. Some of my best finds? A thrift that had books on sale two for a penny (yes, I said a penny), a vender at a swapmeet with cool CDs a buck a piece, that time I got this whole big box of Western books for $2, when somebody had bags of nice sunglasses for 25 cents a pair, and when I found this stack of vintage postcards from the '60s and '70s for ten cents a piece. I'm sure that there were many more, but those finds stick in my mind best at the moment.

Edited by Shasta Daisy

I went to this store to get some books. (I had a 10$ gift-card) and went inside.

I found this hard-bound, with the dust-cover, WARRIORS book for FIVE DOLLARS.

Needless to say, I bought it.

And I found a paperback for five dollars.

I got them both.

Third Place Books is a really good spot, there's LOADS of books there, used and unused. You can sell some books to get a gift-card, etc. 

I like bookstores.