Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Noel 1525

Faith

Honestly, I don't understand why I can't just have faith. Constantly, everyday I feel like I should just stop believing, and some days, I feel  distant from God, then other day's I feel his embrace. Why does it feel like this? Is it that I don't actually believe, or does everyone feel like this sometime? Why can't i just be firm in faith? 

Welcome to an adult faith life. XD

Although I've had beautiful, blessed moments in my faith life where I felt the Lord very closely the struggle of not "feeling" Christ or "Feeling" faith was a key struggle in my early years of faith (and for me I'm talking 14 to maybe about 17). I remember distinctly sitting in front of the blessed sacrament with all my youth group friends crying around me and just being utterly nonplussed and perturbed by this fact. What was wrong with me? Was I a hypocrite?

Nah. Most likely just an introvert. A more heady person. And in fact I never have been much swayed by the emotional happenings around me. But does this mean I lack faith? I don't think so. Rather, my focus has shifted from a raging fire of faith and passion to a quiet and daily devotion. Faith becomes less a feeling and more a constant obedience.

And to be honest it's kind of a weird and disappointing kinda shift at first haha.

But then it becomes quite lovely. Because in those rare moments when you do feel God (and they'll surprise you when they come up) you will not be expecting them and so they become the sweetest and most lovely of gifts.

Everyone's journey is different but I'd venture to say all experience doubt in some form or fashion. You are not alone in this. Being a Christian is different and we are oh so very human, after all. :)

yes we need to enter the struggle prayer and deep meditation on God, to find him and his ways. Read the Bible, pray, spend time asking the questions, many give up without spending the time to find God.

If you seek him with all your heart you will find Him.