Frigid

Is Islam a bad religion?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is the main cause of terrorism the doctrine of Islam, or is it not related to the actual teachings of Islam.

• Islam creates terrorists
    • Islam does not create terrorists

Ahem.. I dont know where I stand, but this

"The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:51"

Ahem.. I dont know where I stand, but this

"The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:51"

That's what, Psalms, right? Revelation maybe?

;)

Nope.

I fail to understand why "unbelievers go to hell" is such a radical statement from Islam. It's shared by Christianity as well.

Here we go.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 

gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 

do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 

You must certainly put them to death. Your handmust be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 

10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from theLord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Deuteronomy 17:12

And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the LORD thy God, or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel.

2 Chronicles 15:12-13

12 And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, 13 but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21

20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you

Should I continue???

Here we go.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known,[/size] [/size]

gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other),[/size] [/size]

do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them.[/size] [/size]

You must certainly put them to death. Your handmust be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people.[/size] [/size]

10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from theLord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.[/size]

Deuteronomy 17:12

And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the LORD thy God, or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel.

2 Chronicles 15:12-13

12 And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul,[/size] [/size]13 but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.[/size]

Deuteronomy 22:20-21

20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found,[/size] [/size]21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you[/size]

Should I continue???

What in the world. You readin some trippin version of the bible

NIV and ESV I think. Those are pretty mainstream. But the basic idea is in your Bible too.

NIV and ESV I think. Those are pretty mainstream. But the basic idea is in your Bible too.

Those are some worldly versions brother

I don't know what makes your translation less "worldly" over others seeing as they're all written by human hands. Unless you have a translation that God Himself wrote with His own hand, I wouldn't even tread here...

Besides, we're off topic. *cough*

You are completely wrong about these versions, and the KJV has those texts, too.

You are completely wrong about these versions, and the KJV has those texts, too.

try finding the following verses in the NIV:

Matthew 17:21; 18:11; 23:14.

Mark 7:16; 9:44; 9:46; 11:26; 15:28.

Luke 17:36; 23:17; John 5:4.

Acts 8:37; 15:34; 24:7; 28:29.

Romans 16:24 and 1 John 5:7.

Anyway,

I consider Islam (the religion, not the followers) to be inherently violent, due to the life of Muhammad: The man was a few crayons short of a full box.

I personally use the KJV, and while the NIV and ESV have their respective issues, they're not that far off.

This isn't a thread about Bible translations; make a different thread if you want to discuss that, or get back on topic here. 

The point is, read literally, the Bible seems every bit as violent and unfriendly to dissidents as the Qur'an.

The point is, read literally, the Bible seems every bit as violent and unfriendly to dissidents as the Qur'an.

YES. That is my point.

YES. That is my point.

We are told to go out and witness to others about God.

Where does the Qu'ran show that?

We are told to go out and witness to others about God.

Where does the Qu'ran show that?

Ugh. We are also told to kill our children if they speak back. Both the Bible and the Qu'ran have parts that say we should kill people who don't believe.

Ugh. We are also told to kill our children if they speak back. Both the Bible and the Qu'ran have parts that say we should kill people who don't believe.

That was the old testament my good friend. Only very few things are still rules. Such as homosexuality beign a sin, but lets not go there.

That was the old testament my good friend. Only very few things are still rules. Such as homosexuality beign a sin, but lets not go there.

And is it that hard to think that maybe the Qu'ran has an old testament-like part as well?

And is it that hard to think that maybe the Qu'ran has an old testament-like part as well?

It doesnt. Trust me. The bible and quran are nothing alike

Edited by Bryce B.