Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Jesusismyticket

What foreign religion interests you most?

Religion   36 members have voted

1. 1. What foreign religion interests you?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
36 posts in this topic

We may be christian or atheist, but even as such some foreign religions are very interesting.

I've posted some of the well-known ones above. feel free to discuss others below though.

Judaism

N.B. I edited the poll from Jewish/Muslim to Judaism/Islam because it was annoying me lol

Pastafarianism.

Okay, maybe not.

I googled this...

I now understand what they meant when those rude young atheist said "Oh you believe in the flying spaghetti monster?"

wow. that is just rude.

Judaism

N.B. I edited the poll from Jewish/Muslim to Judaism/Islam because it was annoying me lol

well thank you :)

Everything except for Wiccan. I also didn't mark paganism because it makes me think of LaVeyan Satanism, which is about as interesting as Ayn Rand after she's contracted rabies. And I've already played BioShock.

Paganism is... a really broad term.. 

Truth.

Edited by Chris-M

Technically none of these religions are 'foreign', since there are Americans/Westerners who practice all of these religions.

But Judaism has always interested me on a deep level.

When I called it foreign, I more meant, it is foreign to you, like you do not know a ton about it but you want to learn more.

I just said paganism, but what I mean by paganism is ancient greek/roman/norse/egyptian religion/gods. Granted, the vast majority of my exposure to these things is through the lens of western entertainment, and as such my understanding of them is probably not all that accurate, but they all seem so cool.

I particularly favour the idea of the gods walking among humans, having various human characteristics and siring demigod heroes and such. Their propensity to be involved in awesome stories and grant powers and magical artefacts to mortals makes them incredibly intriguing to me.

I just said paganism, but what I mean by paganism is ancient greek/roman/norse/egyptian religion/gods. Granted, the vast majority of my exposure to these things is through the lens of western entertainment, and as such my understanding of them is probably not all that accurate, but they all seem so cool.

I particularly favour the idea of the gods walking among humans, having various human characteristics and siring demigod heroes and such. Their propensity to be involved in awesome stories and grant powers and magical artefacts to mortals makes them incredibly intriguing to me.

that is an interesting idea, gods being one with humans...

When I called it foreign, I more meant, it is foreign to you, like you do not know a ton about it but you want to learn more.

Ah thank you. 

This is my favorite to study, too.