Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Jesusismyticket

What foreign religion interests you most?

Religion   36 members have voted

1. 1. What foreign religion interests you?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
36 posts in this topic

My Mother used to always say,

"Love at a distance."

The bible says also to be as wise as a serpent, and as innocent as a dove.

Be interested in these but do not let it corrode your true faith.

"Love at a distance."

In my experience, it is fairly easy to have intellectual interest in something without having any real desire or inclination to participate in it. In fact, many people even seem to do so with Christianity!

"Love at a distance."

In my experience, it is fairly easy to have intellectual interest in something without having any real desire or inclination to participate in it. In fact, many people even seem to do so with Christianity!

I think to actually be open to changing one's opinion, which is sort of essential to evaluating the truthfulness of a position, requires that one drop the idea that there are certain things which are not within our party interests and things which are. I'm not sure how to articulate clearly what I'm talking about here, but the mindset we should have as reasonable people isn't one of building our ideological arsenal, but in seeking to understand and explain everything. Instead of taking some isolated tenet of one religion to add to Christianity, the idea is more to develop the theological theory coalesced from all the religious work done in the world so far. This is why I'm extremely critical of ideas like sola scriptura which seem to me to be essentially sectarian and enormously unhelpful, not to mention ill-founded in the first place.

Actually, if anyone is particularly knowledgeable about Judaism, I'd be totally up for learning more if you'd be interested in teaching me.

I have particular interest in Islam, the religion has always been so hypocritical to me that it is just asking to be rebuked. If you are interested in Islam from someone who had lived among Muslim for 20+ years, I would suggest looking at the work of Gene Gurganus. A speech I heard from him a few years back is what really got me hooked on studying Islam, and I have two of his books.

I am also interested in paganism, which I assume is talking about ancient religions. I have particular interest in the Greeks, as well as the various gods of Northern Europe. 

Judaism for sure, I've always loved studying it and reading about it. I'm planning on  carrying out ministry there one day, as my entire family- extended family included- is all going to Israel some years from now, as my Uncle has a ministry here in the USA and wants to carry it over to Israel, where it all started. When I was younger my mom noticed that I loved learning and reading about Judaism so much that after we got home from church she outright asked me if I was going to become Jewish one day... I laughed my head off, as I was and still am a stead-fast Christian. Gives me something to laugh and smile about every time I think about it.:D

Christianity.

On the other hand, the interest in Judaism here is gratifying.

Or, it would be if this thread wasn't well over a year old.

* Mythology, Greek and Norse specifically.

* Buddhism, i like how it isn't really a belief in an all powerful force that dictates everything, but more of a path to enlightment and peace within yourself. 

* Wicca, i don't know a lot about it, just that there are two deities (one female, one male) and it's a relatively new concept.

Edited by AwkwardAtheist