Sign in to follow this  
Jesusismyticket

graphic design?

So the past about 3 months I've gotten into graphic making.

I use PIXLR, but other programs that'll do it are GIMP and Photoshop.

this was my very first graphic. It's horrendous. XD

95c7d3b7c5cb4c33118490e6fec06824.jpg

Now this is my most recent graphic XD

d5c1983added1d57a85e618159d5e9d7.jpg

the difference is immense XD

was curious if anyone else plays with it.

Heh, now I wonder what my very first graphic looked like it. I bet it was a mixture of Paint and fail.  Oh, and I bet it revolved around Webkinz because that's what I was into at the time.  :P If I could find it, I would definitely share it but I think it's long gone now.

Anywho, you're progressing in your work.  :thumbup: I think you've got a real eye for design, honestly. 

Heh, now I wonder what my very first graphic looked like it. I bet it was a mixture of Paint and fail.  Oh, and I bet it revolved around Webkinz because that's what I was into at the time.  :P If I could find it, I would definitely share it but I think it's long gone now.

Anywho, you're progressing in your work.  :thumbup: I think you've got a real eye for design, honestly. 

aw thanks! It is kind of funny last time we were talking, I was saying how I'd like to learn how to do it and now I do it XD

bcfb82fcd81364c920cbdf5a4a3f4ac2.gif

sharing this here because I actually love the way it came out.

The texture is not a gif but the gif undernath makes the stars look like they're twinkling. :D

The texture is not a gif but the gif undernath makes the stars look like they're twinkling. :D

That's gorgeous!

The texture is not a gif but the gif undernath makes the stars look like they're twinkling.  :D

Cute! It's very princessy looking. :)

I've done some graphics before, but not quite like this. More like little ads for things.

On this site if you look at the four little ad things at the top of the page, I did the two in the middle. And here I did the one on the top right, under the scrolling banner.

Maybe I should try making some just for fun from tv shows or something though.

Edited by She-geek

ae96bd028d5322217d1bd4cdaa842398.png

I know the text is a mess, but I made this with GIMP and not Pixlr. my mom is considering getting me Photoshop, which is pretty exciting.

The text is a little hard to read, but other than that it looks great!

Edited by amymist

The text is a little hard to read, but other than that it looks great!

Yeah GIMP doesn't have the best text tools, so I've figured out I can make the graphic in GIMP and add the text in Pixlr. Or do it all in GIMP by making the text in PIXLR and then saving it as a PNG.

f892a3e225bf0a2c68d502671223f33a.png

I made this as a request from Taylor Connect. The pictures and texture blends were made in GIMP. The text I did in PIXLR.

That looks great, Jazzy! Do you think you'll ever get one of those drawing pads for the computer?

Anyways, I found one of my old graphics. It's pretty horrendous. I didn't even clean up the edges or anything, yet I thought my work was A+ stuff.  :P

zm12za.jpg

That looks great, Jazzy! Do you think you'll ever get one of those drawing pads for the computer?

Anyways, I found one of my old graphics. It's pretty horrendous. I didn't even clean up the edges or anything, yet I thought my work was A+ stuff.  :P

Not sure if I can yet. I may when I can pay for it.

It's cute, but yes, very sloppy. XD

Not sure if I can yet. I may when I can pay for it.

It's cute, but yes, very sloppy. XD

VERY sloppy. haha. I remember asking people what they thought, and they were like, "Wow, that's so good." Mhmm, sure. :rolleyes:

VERY sloppy. haha. I remember asking people what they thought, and they were like, "Wow, that's so good." Mhmm, sure. :rolleyes:

hahahaha I remember people doing that for my first terrible graphics.

and then someone was nice enough to tell me "Jazzy, that looks terrible" XD

I got a major itch yesterday to try making one of these from a TV show I like. I'll have to post it here when I'm finished.

I got a major itch yesterday to try making one of these from a TV show I like. I'll have to post it here when I'm finished.

please do!!! I'd love to see it

Here it is; I dunno if it's any good, but I'm happy with it. This is from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and was made in GIMP.

buffy-graphic-small.jpg

Edited by She-geek

Here it is; I dunno if it's any good, but I'm happy with it. This is from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and was made in GIMP.

buffy-graphic-small.jpg

Oh what font is that? I like the font a lot.

Oh what font is that? I like the font a lot.

Oops, sorry for not replying earlier; I didn't see this until just now.

The one in red? It's called "Buffied", but I'm sure there are many other versions as well. It's a replica of the title font for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Oops, sorry for not replying earlier; I didn't see this until just now.

The one in red? It's called "Buffied", but I'm sure there are many other versions as well. It's a replica of the title font for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Awesome. I'll have to check it out. :)

A font can honestly like make or break a graphic. XD

I went to Art school for awhile but just couldn't keep up. My works were never as good as some of Jesusismyticket's latest.

I still do a bit of Photoshop work. Mostly, I just Photoshop pictures for my friends to laugh at, which doesn't really need a quality final look.

I went to Art school for awhile but just couldn't keep up. My works were never as good as some of Jesusismyticket's latest.

I still do a bit of Photoshop work. Mostly, I just Photoshop pictures for my friends to laugh at, which doesn't really need a quality final look.

Aw thank you for the compliment.

Nonetheless I'm sure you made some good things too. :) Everyone kind of has their own style.

I have a tendency to use clashing colors for instance XD