Woman asks for $1 Million to Stop Her Abortion

Pointer

I ran across this little nugget of craziness this morning:

http://www.prolifeantiwoman.com/

Some of the press articles:

Personally I think this is pretty .... sick, and misguided in terms of what she's trying to accomplish. Still, part of me wants to see the $1 million raised just to put this lady in her place, and create a child who understands what his or her biological "mother" did to them before they were even born. 

Discuss. 

UPDATE Aug 6

Turns out this was just a marketing stunt. 

Edited by Pointer

Hahaha, Chad your topic title is so misleading. I'm here thinking, "How is 1 million dollars going to change the supreme court's ruling on Roe v. Wade?" But really you mean women asks for $1 million to stop her abortion.

Hahaha, Chad your topic title is so misleading. I'm here thinking, "How is 1 million dollars going to change the supreme court's ruling on Roe v. Wade?" But really you mean women asks for $1 million to stop her abortion 

Ha, click bait baby! :P Actually I didn't even think about it, but I've fixed it now. 

I wonder how much money I could make if I tried a similar trick with baby seals and animal rights organizations. The hard bit would be to find a country where animal cruelty is legal.

Retiring young would be nice <<...

Edited by Chris-M

This seems important to some extent. If you all believe in pro-life ideology as much as you say you do, shouldn't you do anything you can to protect a childs life?

There only two things that make this any different than contributing to any reputable charity: 1) It is not reputable and, 2) it consists of cruel political theater.

My guess and hope is that the actual child is fake, but if there's really a kid who's going to be born in the middle of all this, then the mother really is a [removed]. It's sick to make a non-consenting kid a tool in your political propaganda when that game might have life long consequences.

I hope she gets the money, but to treat this as though it has any legitimacy is silly.

Edited by Yoda
Removed Profanity - rule 10

Just another greedy american. You can travel anywhere in the country to come across them. Its sickening but i'm afraid to say this is life and itll be this way until He comes back...

This has nothing to do with greed, at least if she's being honest. She said she plans to put the money in a trust fund for the child. Undoubtedly this is still evil, but not necessarily greedy.

This has nothing to do with greed, at least if she's being honest. She said she plans to put the money in a trust fund for the child. Undoubtedly this is still evil, but not necessarily greedy.

Yes but how is this not greed? Shes evil enough to start something like this and once she recieves the money she can do whatever she likes with it. She could say shes donating it to africans but once the money is given to her she can do whatever she likes with it. And trying to profit for something that is morally right? Wouldnt that be considered greed?