Debate of Gay Marriage

Jesus Geek

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sickening because it makes heterosexual look bad

That's whole point of that questionnaire.  If you are uncomfortable with those questions, it shows that they come from a unworthy place. If it's not fair to ask them regarding heterosexuality, then it's not fair to ask them regarding homosexuality.

Maybe you and all the other politically correct should stop forcing it upon everyone to accept the homo lifestyle

Too late!!!!!!!  :)

post-21092-0-82223600-1446691492_thumb.png

That's whole point of that questionnaire.  If you are uncomfortable with those questions, it shows that they come from a unworthy place. If it's not fair to ask them regarding heterosexuality, then it's not fair to ask them regarding homosexuality.

Too late!!!!!!!  :)

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Why's there a reason to smile about the graffiti on the house?

A lot of the homosexual marriages don't last very long. It's not really permanent.

The same can be said for a lot of straight marriages, and straight marriage has had the benefit of official recognition far longer than gay marriage.

Why's there a reason to smile about the graffiti on the house?

Because these colors don't run.

@ Delamancha...

Parents break up, that teaches their kids not to marry because it'll end up just like their parents marriage; horrible, and they don't want to go through that ever again, so they just refuse to marry or just date around and try very hard not to have kids because I'm pretty sure that they feel like they would never be competent enough to even bear the responsibility of having children, as again, their parents terrified them into no marriage/no kids.

1: Gay marriages are mostly born out of them not feeling accepted by whatever society they were in, so being gay was cool, and it gave them some small degree of respect.  

2: Born out of rebelliousness.

3: They never got the affectionate-gestures from the same-gender, so they want that sort of affection from the same gender, and misinterpret it as gay feelings.

4: Being a teenager is tough; all the hormones, the random mood swings and the changing of the anatomy and of opinions and ideas. So a lot would feel like being gay because it's new, and are curious. 

• 1 month later...

THIS. THIS photo. THIS thread. It all irritates me.

Here's my two cents and I don't care who disagrees:

1) First of all, I think this pastor's main message is that one sin is no greater than any other. Divorce is just as bad as stealing. Stealing is just as bad as murder. Etc. So you shouldn't put someone down for sinning, because guess what? You do as well. We all do.

2) I cringe when some christians think they're better than other people. "oh look at those two girls kissing, they're going to hell!" *sips tea* No one is better than anyone else. Just because you don't sin like someone else does, the fact is you still DO.

3) People are so quick to judge. People are so quick to stand on a street corner, hold up signs saying "DIE" and chant saying how they're christian and hate gays. They're so quick to say "God hates gays." They call themselves christian, yet throw around hate to others.

It irritates me so much. The hypocrisy is real and the world is getting sick of it.

P.S. someone's life choices has nothing to do with you, so I don't understand why some people care. It's not your life. They're happy.

P.S.S. Why does it have to be called gay marriage? Why can't it just be called "Marriage" cause that's what it is?

P.S.S.S. I'm not gay

Except in the case of adultery, divorce is a sin;  if the person was stuck in am abusive relationship and divorced to get away from the abuser, it's the best thing you can do in the situation; but it is still sinful; we don't get to choose between right and wrong all the time, sometimes we have choose between worse, and something that is less worse. Greater sin, or smaller sin.

And no, stealing or divorce is not as sinful as murder. 

Homosexuality = sin

Congress can't change what the Bible says.

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. Their blood shall be upon them."

Leviticus 20:13

Except in the case of adultery, divorce is a sin;  if the person was stuck in am abusive relationship and divorced to get away from the abuser, it's the best thing you can do in the situation; but it is still sinful

O.O

*slowly backs out of thread*

Marriage is the communion between two "people."

Several questions come immediately to mind:

• What makes this definition of marriage preferable to any of the others, especially more traditional and detailed ones? In particular, why should this definition be the one recognized by law?
  • What kind of "communion?" I have some kind of communion with my child, and with my Christian brethren, and with Jesus. None of these, I assume, should qualify as marriages.
  • Do you mean any two people, e.g. adult siblings, or a widower and his adult daughter, or a 76-year-old and a 16-year-old in places where the age of consent is 16?
  • Why specifically two people?

Several questions come immediately to mind:

• What makes this definition of marriage preferable to any of the others, especially more traditional and detailed ones? In particular, why should this definition be the one recognized by law?
  • What kind of "communion?" I have some kind of communion with my child, and with my Christian brethren, and with Jesus. None of these, I assume, should qualify as marriages.
  • Do you mean any two people, e.g. adult siblings, or a widower and his adult daughter, or a 76-year-old and a 16-year-old in places where the age of consent is 16?
  • Why specifically two people?

Hmm.. you do make good points

I'll try to clarify the best I can:

1. Marriage technically just seems to be a legal agreement. A couple can be communed without getting married. So there's a good point there. There are detailed and traditional ones, but I think in the end, the title is "Marriage" not "Gay Marriage, Amish Marriage, Jewish Marriage." It's all still Marriage. You don't get gay married, you just get married.
  2. Very true. Hmm... I would say the communion is when your soul deeply connects with your partner. You are both halves that fit together. Plus in marriage you do "things" that you wouldn't do with, let's say, your Christian brethren.
  3. Definitely not. I believe that the person should be old enough to know what they're committing to. Also, I don't believe in relations within a family.
  4. Marriage is supposed to be between two people. God didn't have 3 people create a child.

Marriage technically just seems to be a legal agreement.

If this is what marriage is truly, then can't the government just make anything they want a marriage, say a snake and an iPhone?

Very true. Hmm... I would say the communion is when your soul deeply connects with your partner. You are both halves that fit together. Plus in marriage you do "things" that you wouldn't do with, let's say, your Christian brethren.

What makes this communion the defining point of marriage? How should personal communion and marriage relate?

Definitely not. I believe that the person should be old enough to know what they're committing to. Also, I don't believe in relations within a family.

So why, based on the definition of marriage you provided? Can't there be communion between two people in these situations?

Marriage is supposed to be between two people. God didn't have 3 people create a child.

Your definition of marriage provided in the last post had nothing to do with God or reproduction. Why should they be relevant as this stage?

If this is what marriage is truly, then can't the government just make anything they want a marriage, say a snake and an iPhone?

What makes this communion the defining point of marriage? How should personal communion and marriage relate?

So why, based on the definition of marriage you provided? Can't there be communion between two people in these situations?

Your definition of marriage provided in the last post had nothing to do with God or reproduction. Why should they be relevant as this stage?

I suppose my definition wasn't very well stated. The legal definition states that: "the legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman (or, in some jurisdictions, two people of the same sex) as partners in a relationship."

I suppose my definition wasn't very well stated. The legal definition states that: "the legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman (or, in some jurisdictions, two people of the same sex) as partners in a relationship."[/size]

The legal definition isn't really relevant, because part of this debate is asking what the legal definition should be. What is marriage for real, apart from government, and how should the government recognize that, if at all?

All sins are equated as the same. There's no levels of severity. It's all sins. The way you sin doesn't make you better than the way someone else does.

This is repeated so often but I've never seen any real justification. The Bible does mention "worse sins" though.