Sign in to follow this  
PrayLoveEat

Paranoia

I'd like to preface this by saying that I was young and completely idiotic.

About 7 years ago when I was a young teenager I got talking to someone online and we entered a 'relationship' (as much as a relationship purely conducted online and over texts can be) and they ended up finding out my exact home address. I never told them what it was but something that I sent them accidentally had it on it and I had no idea before I sent it. I told my parents about this person a little bit and needless to say they weren't impressed and I told said person and they jokingly said that if my parents weren't around we'd be fine. About 2 weeks later I stopped all contact with them (they weren't too happy about it) and haven't heard from them at all for the past 7 years.

I'm still concerned that they know exactly where I live and I'm starting to struggle sleeping at night all this time later. I have absolutely no reason to feel this way but I'm a worrier and an overthinker and it's starting to really upset me.

Any advice or similar stories or anything would be helpful.

I penpaled with a dude for a few months, we  knew each other's addresses by heart, but after the friendship dissolved, it just kinda went away. Most people won't go to the trouble of stalking someone else for fear of being arrested.

They've probably forgotten about me now because we were both kids then anyway but I guess I'm worried in case they hold a grudge at me stopping getting in contact with them. It was so long ago and I'm probably only thinking about it now because it's summer holidays and I have more free time to stress but it's a massive pain.

Edited by PrayLoveEat

You'll be alright, in all honesty he probably forgot about the address by now, and it would be a lot of work simply just to come to your house because of something that happened years ago.