ECAlvarez

Favorite Art Form?

Hey guys, do any of you have a favorite art form or style? I tend to prefer traditional anime art. How about you guys?

What's traditional anime art? The style of anime has changed drastically over the last 30 years or so....

I'm quite partial to 2D hand drawn animation from 90s disney a la The Lion King.

Edited by Zabby

My favorite art style is Impressionism, mainly art by Claude Monet. I also really like Van Gogh.

By traditional I mean the means of creating the artwork. "Traditional" pretty much means anime art created by hand, using  material like pens, pencil, paper, watercolor etc. Like here, here and here. Opposed to "Digital" manga art, like using a digital art program and tablet. Heh, yeah the style of anime has changed alot. Pretty much because of new software and trends and stuff...(an example would be comparing the look of the original salior moon vs crystal. 0_0)

Edited by ECAlvarez

By traditional I mean the means of creating the artwork. "Traditional" pretty much means anime art created by hand, using  material like pens, pencil, paper, watercolor etc. Like here, here and here. Opposed to "Digital" manga art, like using a digital art program and tablet. Heh, yeah the style of anime has changed alot. Pretty much because of new software and trends and stuff...(an example would be comparing the look of the original salior moon vs crystal. 0_0)

Yeah, but everything you linked to is still very recent in the history of anime. Honestly, when it comes to anime, I'm partial towards the 90s rendition of things like Big O:

Big_o.jpg

Ah, now I undersand. Sorry about that. :( Now that I think of it I should watch more 90s anime, a lot people consider that the "golden age" of anime after all.