Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Lamb

Favorite Christian Artists?

Hey guys im a serious music fan and I'm trying to get out of the habit of listening to too much secular music. Anyone know any good Christian artists of any genre? I personally like Kirk Franklin and other gospel artists but I'd like to try some new genres. : )

I'm a huge fan of TobyMac and Matthew West.  Also, I like Michael W. Smith too.  I know older folks are really attracted to him, but it's still good stuff!!!

TobyMac, Royal Tailor, Group1Crew, Barlow Girl, Superchick, Lecrae, Mandisa, Jamie Grace, Matthew West, and some Mary Mary.

Meredith Andrews, Jason Gray, Jeremy Camp, Sidewalk Prophets, Newsboys, DC Talk(disbanded, but you can still listen to some of their music on Youtube, I recommend In The Light) King and Country and that's all I can think of on the top of my head. 

Edited by ECAlvarez

If you're willing to sacrifice some occasionally weak lyrical content with some interesting music and an incredible lead singer, Kings Kaleidescope is a pretty good choice.

Crowder is decent too.

Meredith Andrews, Jason Gray, Jeremy Camp, Sidewalk Prophets, Newsboys, DC Talk(disbanded, but you can still listen to some of their music on Youtube, I recommend In The Light) King and Country and that's all I can think of on the top of my head. 

I forgot about DCTalk and Newsboys. They're pretty great.

If you're willing to sacrifice some occasionally weak lyrical content with some interesting music and an incredible lead singer, Kings Kaleidescope is a pretty good choice.

Crowder is decent too.

Those are both awesome bands that I completely forgot about. Kings Kaleidescope has an awesome version of Christ alone and Jesus paid it all. 

TobyMac, Royal Tailor, Group1Crew, Barlow Girl, Superchick, Lecrae, Mandisa, Jamie Grace, Matthew West, and some Mary Mary.

You listen to Mary Mary? You, ma'am, have great taste in music. I haven't listened to their music in awhile, but I have always loved the song Shackles. 

You listen to Mary Mary? You, ma'am, have great taste in music. I haven't listened to their music in awhile, but I have always loved the song Shackles. 

I haven't heard much more than Shackles, but that was really my favorite song when I was growing up.

Man, this thread could be resurrected from 2008 and it wouldn't surprise me.

The Christian music scene absolutely refuses to change, and it astounds me.

MEREDITH

ANDREWS

SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS HER

I LOVE YOU

Man, this thread could be resurrected from 2008 and it wouldn't surprise me.

The Christian music scene absolutely refuses to change, and it astounds me.

That's exactly why very few people like it.

I just got a new Elvis Presley CD with some of the most beautiful, inspirational songs on it that I have ever heard. My two favorite songs from it are "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "If I Could Dream".

I realize that I'm coming into this super late, but I haven't seen any rules about necroposting.

As someone mentioned, Rend Collective is really good. But if anyone is looking for a band that isn't worship songs, but has some Christian themes, I'd recommend Gungor. Some Christians say that they're too liberal, but I really like them.