• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((How's this?))

Name: Sofia

Race: Elf

Element: Water

Skill Set: Archer

Personality: Sofia is quiet and reserved, so much so that she is easily overlooked. When she does speak, however, the words often seem to flow without end. While usually calm, she can become quite hostile when angered. She has a bright and optimistic outlook on life and is a bit of a dreamer.

Appearance: Sofia has long, wavy dark hair, deep grey eyes, and a tan complexion. She wears a light blue tunic with silver dew drop embroidery around the collar, white pants and knee high blue boots.

Type of Elf: Moon Elf

Is this ok?

Name: Kyrstal

Race (Elf or human): Elf

Skill Set: Archer

Which one of the eight (see below for list of available elements): Light

Personality: She's quiet and reserved but has a fierce love for those close to her. She would do anything to protect them. She's very loving but also very wary of strangers. She doesn't trust easily.

Appearance: She has wavy, waist-length auburn hair. She has green eyes and a golden tan. She is strong and somewhat muscular. She is 5'6. She wears black pants, calf high boots, and an aqua trimmed, tan waist length tunic.

Type of Elf (If you're an elf): Sky Elf

Edited by Delores Stariana

Alright, one more day. If no one else has filled their forms, then you can start the rp LATE.

Please fill your forms tomorrow. OK?

To those who have not filled their forms, I'll PM them to remind. It's kinda easy to forget because this or that game will cover this.

Name: Violet

Race (Elf or human): Human

Which one of the eight (see below for list of available elements): Air

Personality: Daring, adventurous, tough, strong, independent, powerful

Appearance: Long black hair with a streak of blue, tall, thin, mainly wears dresses with combat boots

Type of Elf (If you're an elf):

Skill set: Air bending, archery, mountain climbing

((One skill set, and the air bit comes when you find the Element. But otherwise, looks really cool! :). And I will start this off.))

Walking through the forest, who doesn't like it? Trees are magical, and so is fire. My fingertips lit up for a moment, and extinguished. I smell fire, and not from me. I wandered until I saw smoke, from a normal campfire, properly contained. Maybe I can... NO. Don't even think about it. I walked towards the fire, and threw caution to the winds. Besides, the wind carries fire to burning places. "Hello strangers." I said, peering from behind a tree.

(Right, who wants to say hello?)

Sofia

Sofia walked along beside the water's edge. She had no idea where the stream led, neither did she care. She could always find her way back. As she walked, she listened to the sounds around her. The wind whispering through the trees, the babble of the water, the voices of nature. It was as if everything sung in harmony. Looking at the sky, she saw a flock of birds glide by and wondered what it would be like to fly.

Lost in her thoughts, she wandered through the forest paying no attention to where she was going. Her feet were walking, but her mind was soaring.

((didn't really know where to start so.....include me as you will))

((Be careful what you wish for... ;).))

I turned around and ran towards the stream. I'm hearing excited bird activity, so that would mean either a storm (but it would last for several days, the activity, then all would be deathly silent.) Or, they were disturbed by an animal or human.

I found some odd, dreamy girl walking along the stream-bank. "Hello?" I asked, staring right at her.

Name: Claerie of Windingwood Entwine

Race: Elf

Element: Earth

Personality: Claerie is sweet, caring, and a little shy.  She is very creative and artistic, and loves nature.  She is not really the adventurous type; she would rather have deep roots in a place and community than wander about.  She has no interest in wealth or glory (and in fact will find the idea strange).  She is uncomfortable around fire, as her people have a strong taboo against its use (they use mirrors and lenses to concentrate sunlight when they need high heat).  She finds the use of higher animals as beasts of burden (or worse, sources of food!) to be very disturbing, but tries her best to be tolerant of the ways of other cultures, in hopes that they will return the favor.

Appearance:

bg1_motsc_portrait___astokatae_by_lava_d

(Elven ears are concealed by her hair)

Bio:

Clarie was born into the Windingwood Entwine, a nation/tribe of Wood Elves who live in an ancient grown arcology called Windingwood Barrow.  Their ancestors once lived in a forest of giant banyan-like windingwood trees.  Over time, they learned how to steer the growth of the trees into desired shapes, forming the basis of their system of technology and a core element of their culture and values.  A forest of windingwood trees is a single organism, joined at the roots.  The elves gradually added earth and guided the growth of their forest to establish an arcology (a city consisting of a single "building."  From a distance, it looks like a forested mountain a thousand feet high.  Getting closer, a visitor can see windows and entrances leading inside.  Fruit, nut, and hardwood trees have been grafted into the Great Tree, and an ecosystem of perennial crops (legumes, vegetables, berries, flowering plants, etc.) grows in the understory, while fungi are cultivated within the deep interior.  Like an African termite mound, Windingwood Barrow maintains comfortable temperatures for its inhabitants year round, while the garden ecosystem meets their other needs.  They do not raise livestock except for useful insects (such as silkworms and bees), snails, and other creatures of limited sentience.

Claerie was introduced to the arts and sciences of her people as part of her childhood education, and took to tree-shaping, optics, and silkworm cultivation.  She also received training in the art of Diiuvh!ae-sephai, a traditional martial art of the Windingwood Entwine.  Upon reaching the age of 25 (considered early adolescence in her culture), it was time for her to take her first Pathwalk.  Pathwalks can serve different purposes during one's life, but a first Pathwalk is usually a journey of exploration one undertakes in order to experience the wider world in order to make an informed choice whether to return and commit to the Entwine as a full adult, or join a different Elven community.

Skill Set: Diiuvh!ae-sephai: An unarmed martial art characterized by graceful, flowing blocks and rapid fusillades of hits, emphasizing speed and precision over brute strength; comparable to Wing Chun on Earth.

Type of Elf: Wood Elf

Items:

Silkwood armor (pictured), a finely-crafted suit of armor made with shaped ironwood plates and bands held together and padded by strong fibers of dragline silk, similar to the way Samurai armor is constructed (but not with the same aesthetic).

Suncatcher, a compact, portable array of thin metal mirrors that can be used to concentrate sunlight on a modest scale (such as to heat water, cook, or heat stones to store warmth), though this requires patience.

Sundries: a spare set of clothes, black lacquered metal bowl, chopsticks, utility knife, canteen, silk cord, silk blanket, a few days' worth of food, and a handkerchief.

Backpack: a backpack of brown silk with wooden structural reinforcement able to carry her equipment.

Edited by Logos

I removed the compass and the insect pheromones.  Can I count the armor and the Suncatcher (her people's substitute for a campfire/fire-starting tools) as her two "big-ticket" items?  The rest are meant to be the sort of basics anyone would take on an extended journey away from home.  The blanket and cord are silk because her people cultivate insects (including silkworms and spiders for silk) instead of sheep for wool and conventional field crops (cotton, hemp) for fiber.  The opening post describes a campfire, which could be hard to get going if nobody's got fire-starting tools that are being "taken as read." :)

Is that OK?