elyza

Children of Divorce

Hi there,

my parents divorced 8 months ago. Although I know that divorce is not the way how God recommends to deal with a bad marriage, I felt better about knowing there's an end and clarity for a new and better life for my mum. I had high desires for her to leave the old life behind by physically moving away from the place of local isolation where my father (claiming to be a Christian) placed her many years ago. I hoped that this "end" will be a new beginning between me and my father. Without doubt I thought that he'd contact me and we'd make appointments to meet up every now and then to keep our relationship going. But none of that has happened. And now, instead of my mum moving on (she's waiting and trusting in God for new directions, which may be a better way than me thinking of a quick solution), I hear that my father has a new girlfriend. And I really don't know how to believe and deal with this. 

I'd really love to hear from anyone who has gone through their parents divorcing as well, whether here or in a PM.

Thanks for reading & be blessed,

elyza

My folks split over a decade ago. Within 3 months, my dad was going steady with someone, while my mom and us kids were in counseling. My dad had split custody, so we did the every other weekend bit for a few years.

I haven't seen my father since I graduated in 2009.

It's a hard, rocky, rough road. I learned the hard way that some fathers don't know how to be dads. I also learned how to roll with the punches life throws your way. 

My dad told me he was getting married again on my 16th birthday. Like, right on my birthday, like my birthday wasn't even ABOUT my sweet 16, all about him and his life and his wife and blah blah blah. I really can't give you tips on how to deal with it. You kind of just do it. If you feel the need to talk to a counselor,  do it. That helps. If you've got a youth pastor or church friend you can just dump your feelings onto, do that.

Thanks a lot for sharing. :) I've just sent you a PM. 

Would appreciate hearing from anyone else as well.

God bless,

Elyza

Hi Elyza. I am a new member of this forum and I just read your post. I hope that I am too late in providing my opinion. One of my friends divorced and their child suffered a lot. My friend got the custody of her child after she hired the well known lawyer of France, Bechara Tarabay. I know that this is the most difficult process. Divorce is especially difficult if a child is involved.

On 8/14/2015 at 5:10 AM, elyza said:

Hi there,

my parents divorced 8 months ago. Although I know that divorce is not the way how God recommends to deal with a bad marriage, I felt better about knowing there's an end and clarity for a new and better life for my mum. I had high desires for her to leave the old life behind by physically moving away from the place of local isolation where my father (claiming to be a Christian) placed her many years ago. I hoped that this "end" will be a new beginning between me and my father. Without doubt I thought that he'd contact me and we'd make appointments to meet up every now and then to keep our relationship going. But none of that has happened. And now, instead of my mum moving on (she's waiting and trusting in God for new directions, which may be a better way than me thinking of a quick solution), I hear that my father has a new girlfriend. And I really don't know how to believe and deal with this. 

I'd really love to hear from anyone who has gone through their parents divorcing as well, whether here or in a PM.

Thanks for reading & be blessed,

elyza

Well elyza, God may be protecting you from something. God could be doing a lot of things in that situation but keep on trusting and praying for god to make a way.

Praying for you,

Roselyn