Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Jesus Geek

is Judas in hell?

29 posts in this topic

Interesting topic I got into at my youth group. Is Judas in hell or is he in heaven? Yes he betrayed Jesus and yes he committed suicide but he also saved us. If he had not have betrayed Jesus we would never have gotten the opportunity to be saved. Therefore, Judas is a hero. But also, one of the worst people of the beginning of time. The suicide may leave it out of the question as if you take your own life, you cannot be saved which im not sure of the verse. But maybe got made an exception for his great/terrible deed? It also states that the devil himself was plainly inside of him during this time and wasn't even himself. He was a very greedy person to begin with aswell.  What are your thoughts?

Hell.

Definitely Hell.

But if Judas never did what he done, we would all be in some huge trouble. Yes people before Jesus were able to make it to heaven but the bible says how terrible the world was as of all the high priests and false religion reasoning convincing people that they are living right when of course they really were not

If Judas hadn't done what he'd done, Jesus would have just seen to our salvation a different way.

If Judas hadn't done what he'd done, Jesus would have just seen to our salvation a different way.

How? It states he had to have been killed in order for our sins to be forgiven

Judas was indwelled of Satan to betray Jesus. It was not heroic. It was evil. His motives were of the flesh. The Bible doesn't say, but my guess is he is in Hell.

Edited by Diakonos

Judas was indwelled of Satan to betray Jesus. It was not heroic. It was evil. His motives were of the flesh. The Bible doesn't say, but my guess is he is in Hell.

Yes but he technically saved us in doing what he did is what im saying

I don't think sin is evaluated in this utilitarian way.

Jesus saved us by His work. Judas might have been a catalyst to the events leading up to Jesus' crucifixion, but Judas did not save us. No. I'm sorry for being so blunt, but this isn't correct.

Edited by Diakonos

Jesus saved us by His work. Judas might have been a catalyst to the events leading up to Jesus' crucifixion, but Judas did not save us. No. I'm sorry for being so blunt, but this isn't correct.

This is a good word right here!

Interesting topic I got into at my youth group. Is Judas in hell or is he in heaven? Yes he betrayed Jesus and yes he committed suicide but he also saved us. If he had not have betrayed Jesus we would never have gotten the opportunity to be saved. Therefore, Judas is a hero. But also, one of the worst people of the beginning of time. The suicide may leave it out of the question as if you take your own life, you cannot be saved which im not sure of the verse. But maybe got made an exception for his great/terrible deed? It also states that the devil himself was plainly inside of him during this time and wasn't even himself. He was a very greedy person to begin with aswell.  What are your thoughts?

Likewise to what Diakonos has said, Judas was not a hero.  Judas did not save us.  I believe the Bible teaches us that Judas was never truly a follower of Jesus and he was never truly repentant of his sin.  The Bible doesn't tell us where Judas is but based on what we do know about Judas, I would say he is in hell.  I could be wrong.  Because Scripture doesn't specifically tell us.  Only God knows in this instance!

As for as going to heaven after you commit suicide... I think that some Christians are in heaven after commiting suicide. No where in the Bible doies it each that if you commit suicide, that you'll be condemned to hell.  The Bible teaches us that from the moment we place our trust in Jesus Christ for salvation, we have secured a place in heaven.  It's guaranteed.  The Bible says that NOTHING can seperate us from Him and His love.  That includes suicide.

Sometimes doubts can come into our mind and we believe the lies from the enemy.  Sometimes we are in a time of spiritual attack and weakness, and we do horrific things (including suicide) but the sin of suicide is also covered by the blood of Jesus.   Now, if you don't know Christ and you commit suicide, then you will be hell for rejecting salvation.

For anyone reading this post at a later time and maybe are considering suicide, would you please send me a message?  There is a way out and suicide is never an appropriate response to anything you're dealing with.

This is a good word right here!

Likewise to what Diakonos has said, Judas was not a hero.  Judas did not save us.  I believe the Bible teaches us that Judas was never truly a follower of Jesus and he was never truly repentant of his sin.  The Bible doesn't tell us where Judas is but based on what we do know about Judas, I would say he is in hell.  I could be wrong.  Because Scripture doesn't specifically tell us.  Only God knows in this instance!

As for as going to heaven after you commit suicide... I think that some Christians are in heaven after commiting suicide. No where in the Bible doies it each that if you commit suicide, that you'll be condemned to hell.  The Bible teaches us that from the moment we place our trust in Jesus Christ for salvation, we have secured a place in heaven.  It's guaranteed.  The Bible says that NOTHING can seperate us from Him and His love.  That includes suicide.

Sometimes doubts can come into our mind and we believe the lies from the enemy.  Sometimes we are in a time of spiritual attack and weakness, and we do horrific things (including suicide) but the sin of suicide is also covered by the blood of Jesus.   Now, if you don't know Christ and you commit suicide, then you will be hell for rejecting salvation.

For anyone reading this post at a later time and maybe are considering suicide, would you please send me a message?  There is a way out and suicide is never an appropriate response to anything you're dealing with.

I see your point, and I now agree. But, as far as suicide, it it against the ten commandments as killing somebody, thus including yourself. You  would be considered a murderer in gods eyes. Adding to this, it says we must be forgiven for our sins after they are committed. But once you commit suicide, you of course cannot ask for forgiveness as your time would be up.

Edited by Gr8sl8

The Catholic Church often does not judge suicides because many people are not fully 'sane' while they do it. Some people with mental illnesses like severe depression or schizophrenia attempt or commit suicide not in their right mind. I don't think God totally shuts them out. But let me NOT drag this off topic.

Jesus said that Judas would have been better off if he'd never been born (Mt. 26:24 & parallels). Somehow that sounds like Hell to me.

Jesus said that Judas would have been better off if he'd never been born (Mt. 26:24 & parallels). Somehow that sounds like Hell to me.

Great point here man. And as we all know, Jesus was and is the exact image of God. Therefore, coming from the almighty creator stating that means he would not be welcome in his home.

I see your point, and I now agree. But, as far as suicide, it it against the ten commandments as killing somebody, thus including yourself. You  would be considered a murderer in gods eyes. Adding to this, it says we must be forgiven for our sins after they are committed. But once you commit suicide, you of course cannot ask for forgiveness as your time would be up.

The 10 commandments have been convered by the blood of Jesus too!  Most of us, as children, have stolen something and that's in violation of the eighth commandment.  Thankfully, as followers of Christ, we can be forgiven.  Even though we are Christians, we still are going to sin.  It's in our human nature.  But as followers of Christ, we should have the desire to not want to sin.  It's going to happen, still, because that's who we are and we're not perfect.  But even when we do, Jesus has already paid the price for our sins - even the ones we commit after we become Christians.

I was just about to use that verse. I remember a while back when we had this debate. 

The 10 commandments have been convered by the blood of Jesus too!  Most of us, as children, have stolen something and that's in violation of the eighth commandment.  Thankfully, as followers of Christ, we can be forgiven.  Even though we are Christians, we still are going to sin.  It's in our human nature.  But as followers of Christ, we should have the desire to not want to sin.  It's going to happen, still, because that's who we are and we're not perfect.  But even when we do, Jesus has already paid the price for our sins - even the ones we commit after we become Christians.

I am quite confused on this. Doesn't scripture say we must be forgiven of our sins before heaven is reachable? And to be forgiven doesn't it have to be request by god? First hand I know it seems as if God makes certain things happen when some sins have not yet been askd for forgiveness, sort of like he holds us against it until we speak about it to him. Not sure if you followed this

I am quite confused on this. Doesn't scripture say we must be forgiven of our sins before heaven is reachable? And to be forgiven doesn't it have to be request by god? First hand I know it seems as if God makes certain things happen when some sins have not yet been askd for forgiveness, sort of like he holds us against it until we speak about it to him. Not sure if you followed this

Forgiveness was accomplished once-for-all at Calvary. We do ask for forgiveness, but that is simply for the continued reality of what was already accomplished. None of our sins are still held against us.

Forgiveness was accomplished once-for-all at Calvary. We do ask for forgiveness, but that is simply for the continued reality of what was already accomplished. None of our sins are still held against us.

But it is still very much appropriate to ask for it, okay I see. That would bring many to the question then I can just sin all I want because its already forgiven? Well, for my case and from my experience and insight, it seems as if God gives punishments here on earth for these purposeful sins. I know every sin is willing and purposeful but where I am getting at is sinning for the very reason it brings us farther away from him and I've also experienced that. Its like you were very strong into faith and your relationship with god and after commiting a sin like this its like you take a huge step back from him. I dont know, I can't really explain it, but in my earlier years I remember "playing" with this. Why? I do not know. It was before my relationship with god.

I would commit a such sin and made me assume that "karma" was a real thing and had me believing in such things like Buddhism for the very reason of knowing without a doubt that "karma" was very much real. Then, later realized it was God trying to put me on the right path or even to come speak with him which actually happened but of course I am nowhere near that intelligence to be able to interprete God and why he makes his choices and such things, I just know its all for the better in the long run  :afro:

But it is still very much appropriate to ask for it, okay I see. That would bring many to the question then I can just sin all I want because its already forgiven? Well, for my case and from my experience and insight, it seems as if God gives punishments here on earth for these purposeful sins. I know every sin is willing and purposeful but where I am getting at is sinning for the very reason it brings us farther away from him and I've also experienced that. Its like you were very strong into faith and your relationship with god and after commiting a sin like this its like you take a huge step back from him. I dont know, I can't really explain it, but in my earlier years I remember "playing" with this. Why? I do not know. It was before my relationship with god.

I would commit a such sin and made me assume that "karma" was a real thing and had me believing in such things like Buddhism for the very reason of knowing without a doubt that "karma" was very much real. Then, later realized it was God trying to put me on the right path or even to come speak with him which actually happened but of course I am nowhere near that intelligence to be able to interprete God and why he makes his choices and such things, I just know its all for the better in the long run  :afro:

Sin does create distance and conflict between us and God, and sometimes He will discipline us, but the ultimate end of forgiveness and salvation has already been accomplished. But as to your suggestion, "I can just sin all I want because its already forgiven?" The Bible actually answers that exact question.

Romans 6:1-2 says:

What shall we say, then? Should we continue to live in sin so that God's grace will increase? Certainly not! We have died to sin—how then can we go on living in it?

How? It states he had to have been killed in order for our sins to be forgiven

Presumably Christ would have either died a different way or God would have uttered different prophecy. 

We don't know if Judas is in Hell. By committing suicide in the state of mind he was in, he committed the ultimate sin which is despairing of God's mercy. Now, he could have repented in the seconds before his death. In which case he may or may not be in Hell. We simply don't know.

We don't know if Judas is in Hell. By committing suicide in the state of mind he was in, he committed the ultimate sin which is despairing of God's mercy. Now, he could have repented in the seconds before his death. In which case he may or may not be in Hell. We simply don't know.

Good point. Maybe it is better to be born and go to Hell than never be born.  :rolleyes:

I don't believe he saved us, he did something very selfish, if it wasn't Judas it would've been someone else. I don't think he should get credit for something he didn't do. His motive wasn't to save us by betraying him, his motive was selfishness and greed.