Sign in to follow this  
Anima Christi

My Prayers Have Been Answered.

Just thought I'd share with everyone that I've been going through a period of anxiety and intense spiritual dryness this summer, and it looks like it's finally coming to an end. It got so bad this past week that I was starting to question if I ever truly had a relationship with God to begin with but I'm starting to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I brought all of this to the Father, and He showed me that I can't be like Peter when he tried to walk on the water with Jesus, but started to sink when he didn't trust our Lord. If you get the chance, next time you pray please join me in thanking God for hearing all of our prayers. And for the other Catholics here, please thank the Blessed Mother for her intercession as well.

Dry (even the dryest!) seasons are necessary to have when it comes to your relationship with God. Beloved, I just got out of one myself. I'm pretty sure hundreds of people around the world are too, or just starting theirs. It's a season, a cycle. You just gotta roll with it!

One thing that someone told me is that if you find yourself at a wall in your relationship with Him, don't stare at it and bang your head against it. That does nothing. The solution is utterly simple, and for some reason I never thought of it: instead of rambling or being flustered, ask Jesus to lead you around it. He's more than willing.

I'm so glad you're over with in the dry season. It's not a fun time, but it does build a strong, solid relationship if you know how to tackle it wisely. Read read read that Bible God gave you, and be happy you're free to read it. Pray pray pray to Him, as well. ♥

When I'm experiencing a dry season, I like to read devotionals, morning and night. Specifically ones about love, and growing your love for God. Love Expressed by Gateway Devotions is a fantastic one. It's got a section for you to write after you read (they have long-ish devotions), a nice chunk of a sample prayer to start you off, verses and quotes. It's all so nice. So yeah, check that if you'd like. I think you might enjoy it!

"The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray." - Samuel Chadwick