Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Shasta Daisy

Ways To Use Apples?

I just baked a couple new recipes called Apple Walnut Dessert and Apple Upside-Down Gingerbread, and I thought that they actually turned out pretty good. I also just helped my mom make applesauce, and before that I helped make apple butter. We've also made lots of apple pies, and a couple different kinds of apple crisp, and I'm currently looking at a recipe for Apple Pie Bars with a vanilla glaze on top and thinking that I'm going to make that too, some time in the near future. I'm also thinking of trying my hand at Jewish Apple Cake. Our apple trees are so heavily laden with fruit, the branches are actually either breaking or already broken, so in case you haven't noticed, we've been doing a lot with apples lately! But I would really appriciate some help here... what are some ways to use up mass amounts of apples? Any recipes or ideas y'all want to share with me (containing lots of apples, of course!) would be greatly appriciated by myself and my family! :-D Thank you so much!

Have you ever had Fried Apples? They're delicious.

Whut.  :o

How do you make those? They sound good.

If you drop them on the floor, they'll crack.

I hear that you can become the next Ke$ha or T-Pain by using one though!

Also good for emptying wallets.

Apple cobbler is the best.

Thank you for the idea. Is that different than apple crisp? How so? Can I please have your recipe, because it sounds really good actually.

Whut.  :o

How do you make those? They sound good.

Yes, they do sound good. How do you make them? Just fry them in a pan with butter?

Thank you for the idea. Is that different than apple crisp? How so? Can I please have your recipe, because it sounds really good actually.

Apple cobbler is kind of like pie, but it just seems sweeter, the apples seem more blended, and it's softer. At least, it was that way with my grandmother's recipe.

I don't have her recipe though.

If you're allowed to, I recommend Googling "apple cobbler" for a recipe. I like recipes from the Food Network personally - maybe you can find one there.

Apple cobbler is kind of like pie, but it just seems sweeter, the apples seem more blended, and it's softer. At least, it was that way with my grandmother's recipe.

I don't have her recipe though.

If you're allowed to, I recommend Googling "apple cobbler" for a recipe. I like recipes from the Food Network personally - maybe you can find one there.

Thanks, I'll do that! :-)

Yes, they do sound good. How do you make them? Just fry them in a pan with butter?

It's cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, and apples together. We throw them in a slow cooker, but you can fry them. If you use a cast iron pan, though, it'll leave black stuff on them. You can look up a recipe, they're very simple. :)

It's cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, and apples together. We throw them in a slow cooker, but you can fry them. If you use a cast iron pan, though, it'll leave black stuff on them. You can look up a recipe, they're very simple. :)

Thank you so much! How long in a slow cooker? Over night?

Thank you so much! How long in a slow cooker? Over night?

Just until you feel like they're done. Some people like them softer, and some don't. At least a  couple hours, though

I recently joined the forums and read this post. We can make from number of recipes from Apple like Glazed Apple Fritters, Honey Custards with Caramelized Apples, Brown Butter Apple Loaf, Apple Yogurt Cake with a Cinnamon-Sugar Streak. I am trying Apple cake mug from the livre régime that is available at Cellublue. I love to try different simple and delicious recipes.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:07 AM, ShaunaBell said:

I recently joined the forums and read this post. We can make from number of recipes from Apple like Glazed Apple Fritters, Honey Custards with Caramelized Apples, Brown Butter Apple Loaf, Apple Yogurt Cake with a Cinnamon-Sugar Streak. I am trying Apple cake mug from the livre régime that is available at Cellublue. I love to try different simple and delicious recipes.

:drool: THOSE RECIPES LOOK SO GOOOOOOD!!! Can I please have a couple of those recipes? They all look so delicious that I can't choose which one looks best, but boy-oh-boy do they sound good. Thanks for sharing about them!