Sign in to follow this  
Mu_

New iPad may be announced at Apple event Sept 9th

Sample article: http://techaeris.com/2015/09/04/apple-ipad-pro-may-debut-at-september-9th-apple-event/

So here's the lowdown:

1). Apple will be having an event to announce new products September 9th.
2). They may announce a new iPad.
3). It is hoped that this new iPad is also a long-rumored iPad called the iPad Pro which is 12".

My opinion: Unless the iPad Pro runs OSX instead of iOS, which is might... bah humbug.

it definitely won't run osx. why would it? OSX has none of the special software improvements like battery, ram, storage, and task management that apple has built for iOS. It would make literally no sense to do that. Also the hardware that OSX is designed to run on is entirely different - different chips, CPUs, bluetooth and wireless components. This will never never happen. 

it definitely won't run osx. why would it? OSX has none of the special software improvements like battery, ram, storage, and task management that apple has built for iOS. It would make literally no sense to do that. Also the hardware that OSX is designed to run on is entirely different - different chips, CPUs, bluetooth and wireless components. This will never never happen. 

Saying it will never happen is like saying the Surface Pro 3 never happened.

That being said, had it have been going with OSX, I think it would have been leaked by now that Intel was working on the new iPad, since it would need an Intel processor, I assume.

Edited by Mu_

Sooooo an Apple Surface Pro? 

Basically yeah. The Surface Pro uses a full desktop Operating System though. Not sure about this, haven't had the time to research.

For those looking for a true, $500-$600 iPad Air 3... there are rumors it will come next year.