Nicene_Nerd was right; and this is embarrassing but...

Mu_

To make a long story short, I have thought carefully, heard the side of Lutheranism from two very smart people, and carefully changed my mind to Lutheranism. I'd get into why I changed my mind on a personal level as well, but I don't want to upset the only other SDA on this forum.

I still have a tremendous amount of respect for SDAs, and I feel that they hit the nail on the head a couple of times in their 50 eschatology predictions and that is something I will remember going forward.

I just wonder why God would have me jump from one belief to another, rather than give me some sort of definite answer or truth.

It's just impossible for me to be a pure Seventh Day Adventist for over a week. I don't think we were meant for this level of perfectionism, where we have to give up meat, caffeine drinks, and shame ourselves for anything that isn't holy. I think we're better off instead of being scary careful all the time, just be a little careful... while accepting Jesus' blood sacrifice.

To be honest Mu, I think you should just consider yourself non-denominational until you find something that fits what you feel the most. Go where GOD is calling you to be.

I was non-denominational until I was about 14. I decided after much research the faith I was called to was Catholicism. I got Baptized in 2014 and the rest is history. It takes far more than a WEEK and a few wikipedia articles to truly know a faith. You can't just know it, you have to LIVE IT. And fully BELIEVE it.

Goodness knows I ain't mad at Lutheranism, but I gently suggest you might want to spend more time in study, prayer, and deep thought before making any commitments. You probably don't want to find yourself jumping around.

That is true.

I'm gonna agree with Caleb and Jazzy here (and yes I know I suggested Lutheranism at one point).

You seem like someone who is working without a strong foundation who is trying desperately to "research" their way into the "correct" interpretation. It's not bad to want to study scripture and see which denomination you best align with but the way you're currently going about it is gonna leave your head spinning or possibly beget bitterness when you realize "yes, there are people who know SO MUCH MORE than me in every denomination and they can all be convincing." A lot of the reason I say this is because when you were arguing for SDA, your debates would often fall back on SDA apologetic articles. In my experience, folks who do this are either very young or very very new to their beliefs. While I think finding a community is great because it allows you to have a community of like minded believers, you don't need to "know it all" to find a community and, honestly, knowing your denomination well is only one part of being a Christian. The rest is how you life and how Christ touches your heart. 

Luck in the search. 

You don't need to accept every denominational distinctive to be part of a church. The congregation that I'm part of is a member of the CRC, and I myself am all about that free will and believer's baptism. Such points are important, and I'll argue for my view if it comes up, but they're not the main thing.

Purity in the essentials, unity in the nonessentials, charity in all things.