paraskeve

Just an FYI

There is a new poster that has started sending me inappropriate messages. I've been responding with snarky memes, and have reported them :bigguns:

The username is sparkles and they really want to know about your toilet habits. :confused:

Aaaannnnd their profile is gone now. Thank you mods! That, or I shamed them off the forum with my snark/charm.  :lol:

If anyone else encounters any creepers like this, please let the rest of us know so we can avoid them, and give them the embarrassment/shaming of their life. And yeah, if you meet one, give 'em this meme.

qadjo.jpg

I normally try to stay out of this forum...but this user has been banned.  If any of you ever receive any inappropriate messages, please report them to me ASAP and I will deal with them. Thanks.

Well, it's rather comforting to know that I was not alone!

And yay, I just got through my first ultra-creepy internet encounter!

The user had a profile before, too... I don't remember their name from then, though.

Yeah. I got a message from them a long time ago asking the same creepy questions. I'm surprised they even came back...

If everyone would report odd questions from odd characters, and boot them out fast, then they'll just stop looking for victims.

Yeah. I got a message from them a long time ago asking the same creepy questions. I'm surprised they even came back...

Yeah, they messaged me this time saying "remember me?" and then started all their old stuff. I didn't have a chance to report them before I saw this.

If everyone would report odd questions from odd characters, and boot them out fast, then they'll just stop looking for victims.

That's not necessarily true. I've been on past forums before CTF and have seen my fair share of trolls and creepers, even when said forums were heavily staffed. Just as jail doesn't always discourage a person from committing crimes, reporting doesn't always discourage a creeper from victimizing. Most of those with the wrong intentions only seek other ways to not get caught, unfortunately.

Regardless, reporting is good and something we highly encourage members to do. Never hesitate to report a member to staff if you see them behaving unacceptably/oddly and asking inappropriate questions. That's why we are here. We are here to make sure you guys stay safe. :)

Yeah, they messaged me this time saying "remember me?" and then started all their old stuff. I didn't have a chance to report them before I saw this.

Let's just hope they stay away for good now.