Marley

Battle for Solaris (Game Thread)

Battle for Solaris

Game is Open

Check out the OT thread for more details. 

dragon-landscape-scenic.jpg

Deep in the heart of Elindaria, at the intersection of two great rivers lies the capital city of Solaris. Jointly run by three Kings known to their subjects as The King of Flowers, The Red King, and the Good Wolf, and guarded by the ancient and mysterious Dragon Knights it is a bustling city filled with wonder, magic.... and secrets. 

The Rules 

1. Post's Should be a Minimum of 4 Lines. No one liners please! 

2. No God-Modding, power-playing or taking over another person's character. 

3. If speaking out of character please mark what you're writing OT: (OT = off topic). For long pieces of text, go to the OT thread. 

4. Please post in past tense, third person. For example: Kira looked over the sparkling bay as the sun peaked over the mount. Is correct. I look over the sparkling bay as the sun peaks over the mountain. Is not. 

5. Your characters may (and probably should) fight or dislike each other but let's keep the game friendly for players! 

6. GM's word is law. 

7. Have fun! 

** For more information on the world of Elindaria, check out the OT Thread! ** 

(( Character forms can be found there as well ))

Darius

It was already late morning when Darius fond his way back to the great castle and he was in a fowl mood. The spell at which he'd been casting, or rather had attempted, had left him shaky and cold. This wasn't unusual for alchemy, of course, but Darius did not tolerate failure. With hands that felt like ice, he fumbled with the silver clasp on his traveling cloak before throwing the purple garment at a passing servant. He growled at the woman to bring him a warm beverage (despite the sweltering day outside) and then found a space at the long golden table to break his fast. Theryn and the Mentari boy (What was his name? Keeda? Kira? Such strange names the Mentari had.)  were talking in hushed tones in the far corner of the room but Darius with his pounding headache Darius couldn't not muster the will to care what they were saying. Instead, he ate in silence. Warily watching for whoever next entered the room. 

Suldin Windrune

Suldin had woken to the bright early dawn of the morning. The light was glistening off the icicles outside his Palace Bedroom windows. Suldin yawned thunderously and rose slowly and slid on his dragon scale slippers. He headed down to see his palaces cook and had him cook up Icecakes and Bacon. When he finished telling the cook to get movin, he went outside for his morning walk out in his palace garden to marvel at his Snowbell, Mandrake, and Red Rose plants. The Red Rose bushes were used to honor someone who had passed in the midst of warfare. This person was Suldins wife. Marissa Windrune. She had gone missing in battle and hasn't been seen since. (OT: I might be making a Marissa Windrune character. Still determining whether she is still alive or not).

Suldin missed his dear wife greatly and longed to see her bright, glistening smile every morning once again. As his usual routine, he sent his courier with his message asking if anyone had seen his wife. Pretty soon he smelled the delicacy of his breakfast and decided he should go eat.

((Um, is the Red King in the same spot as you guys?))

(OT= I'm not sure. But I know my character won't be closer to Solaris for a little bit because he hasn't worked his way over there yet. Got a bit of that part of the story planned out)

Argento Deliveno

Argento sighed and looked into the crystal blue water of the lake. The early morning sun glinted on the water making it have a pinkish tint to it.  He hated early mornings. And rising at the crack of dawn never put him in a good mood. Glowering, he gathered his small bag of food, water, and clothing up and began his long trek back home.

((Ok.... he'll be in Solaris for a meeting of the minds? Maybe, maybe not, but he'll be in Solaris))

Edited by paraskeve

((Ok.... he'll be in Solaris for a meeting of the minds? Maybe, maybe not, but he'll be in Solaris))

OT= you'll just have to wait and see ;) )

((Okey-doki-loki :).))

The Red King

`````````````````````````````````````

The Red King stood in an old part of the courtyard, waiting for the sun to come up. It did. He felt energized and warm, and a bit less cross. 

Enough of my needs. Now for others. He walked around the palace, looking for Deliveno, The Good Wolf. He recently went to the North, the Sabir Tribes. Could be problems.

He went to the big steps of the palace, looking down on Solaris. Such a beautiful place. 

But no Wolf. 

He went inside the Great Hall and waited there. He's bound to show up there.

((@Delores))

Suldin Windrune

Suldin shivered as he felt a light breeze blow through is bedroom window. All of a sudden a load of snow fell in. He thought to himself why he had such bad luck. He sighed and grabbed a broom to sweep the snow out onto his balcony. As he was doing so he found a letter in the midst of the snow.

It read:

"To his highness, Suldin Windrune

Reports have said someone looking quite similar to your wife has been exploring the area nearby. We all know you still hurt from not knowing what happened to your wife, but is it possible this person is her?

Signed,

Courier"

Argento Deliveno:

Argento's stomach rumbled loudly, annoying him. Sighing he stopped and pulled some bread out of his pack. He munched on it, and continued striding toward Solaris. He reached Solaris, a little after noon. He frowned at the city. He marched along angrily to the Great Hall, someone was waiting for him. He slammed the big door open with ease and strode into the dimly lit Hall.

The Red King

```````````````````````````````

He was leaning on one of the big pillars that supported the hallway. The door opened, and was slammed shut. Argento returned. But obviously in a bad mood. Best not to ask him now.

He got up and started walking out of the room, feeling a little cross.

Elena

The freedom of the sky was the only place Elena truly felt safe. It was a place for her to think, with the only thing that could control her thoughts and turn her from solemn to happy in seconds. That was the sound of Rafe's voice in her head. Most of the time he was joking about something, and this was time was no different. 

El dear, why are you so serious? I mean you need to loosen up be free, feel that wind! 

At that Rafe took a nose dive toward the ground catching Elena off guard. She grasped the saddle in front of her tightly and leaned forward in order to block some of the wind. 

TANORAFE YOU STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!! 

Rafe pulled up and glided holding his wings out. A small what could only be described as a chuckle rumbled through his chest, as he lowered them to the ground at the entrance of Solaris. 

El, you need to calm down, it was just a little bit of fun. 

Elena rolled her eyes as they touched down and she flung herself off of the saddle. "You know I hate it when you take me away from my thoughts like that." She nudged him, then turned toward the town as a small smiled crept across her mouth. She loved coming into town the children saw the dragon from a long way off and came running to see him. As they walked in they were swarmed by the many children of the town. Elena backed away to watch from a little ways off as she listened and watch Rafe communicate and play with them. 

Rina

Rina waited in away from King Teryn waiting for him or Prince Kira to need anything. She wanted to be ready to move, for some reason the king liked her a lot and she was normally brought with them in order to help them even if they were not in their own kingdom. She had guessed it was her hard work, but she honestly had no idea why, she was not fast, she was not particularly smart, and she often got requests wrong, but she never gave up, and maybe that was why. Or maybe he took pity on her, many people saw her and felt bad, she never asked for it, and if she had it her way, she would never have anyone feel that way. However, they did, they always did. Rina was try and stay away from walking whenever possible, because if she stood still, she almost feels like a normal girl. 

Argento Deliveno

Argento glared at the figure starting to walk out of the room. "WAIT!" He yelled. "I have not traveled all the way from my home just for you to walk away from me. What do you want?" He bellowed.

The Red King

````````````````````````````````

He stiffened, and clenched his fists. He slowly turned around to face him, " do you really mean that comment? So kindly made!" He responded with acid in his voice.

"I wish, if you so please-" a mock bow, "-to know of your journey and how the talk went." He added, in a rather dangerous tone. He crossed his arms and leaned against a pillar, silently fuming.

The Red King

`````````````````````````````````

He took a deep breath and released it. Making enemies already here would be bad. And he is not a good one to be an enemy to.

He blinked, and frowned at some random thought. 

"Just tell me how it went." He snapped, and as an after thought- "please tell me how it went."

Argento Deliveno:

Argento raise his eyebrows. "Really? You really wish to know how it went? Well, if you must know, it fine. Wonderfully to be exact. But really, what a boring topic to discuss," He said dryly. "It annoys me. I don't wish to speak of it anymore." He waved his hand dismissively and sat down.

The Red King

`````````````````````````````````````

He walked out of the room fuming. No one commands him. But it will not pay in the long run to be angry with Argento. 

He went to his room and stoked the fire. No need for tinder. 

At least the meeting went well.

Argento Deliveno:

Argento was stunned. The Red King had actually walked away when he, Argento Deliveno, had wanted him too. Argento grinned. The day was looking up. Maybe today wasn't as bad as he had first thought. Who knew the day would take this kind of turn!

Richard Noth

Richard looked about his small home area. His new experiment was begin to simmer, but he needed more herbs. "Drat..." He said coldly, throwing on his long coat. "Back to town, at least the stores will enjoy my company." He sighed, leaving out into the woods.

No creature ever came near Richard. They stared from afar, more in fear than curiosity. The bitterness of his heart even affected the dumbest of creatures upon the planet. There was a time a flower wilted in his grasp, and he smirked about it. He didn't seem to see his bitter heart as a problem. It gave him the ability to do exactly what he was trained to do. He now entered town, and walked up to the merchant.

"I need a pound of dried herbs." He said apathetic.

The merchant simply nodded, quickly gathering the herbs from below the counter and bringing them up.

Richard tossed the merchant three gold coins and began off again.

The Red King

``````````````````````````````````

He went out on the balcony he was allowed, and melted all the snow off. Nasty snow; too cold and melty. It all melted, so he went back inside and started reading by the fire.