Sign in to follow this  
Launch Man Group

Love: How to Know It, Get It, and Prepare for It

Hi everyone!  My name is Mr. MJ.  I'm a youth development coordinator with my company Launch Man Group!  I have a heart for teens and want to be sure you have the support you need to navigate tougher life issues: in this case, love.  

Post your on-topic questions and I'll do my best to answer them from a biblical perspective and/or point you in the right direction.  I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I know who does: Jesus Christ!  We can all live better, happier, more productive lives when we follow Him, especially as it relates to our topic.  I've already met a few awesome teens here and I hope they'll post here, and you too!

--Mr. MJ

Hi Mr. M.

I see you've tagged this post with the word "sex." My thing is, I want love and romance, but none of that mess.  The idea of sex is gross, it freaks me out and can lead to children. I do NOT want children. EVER.

My ideal "partner" if you will, is probably my best friend. And even then, we'd be platonic life partners, nothing more than cuddles and movies.  If I were to create a strong emotional bond with a guy, he'd probably not be too happy because of my dislike of the idea of copulation and the fact I don't wish to reproduce.  (I have my reasons, most of them are related to my poor genetics.)

So, how is a not-so-sexual being like me supposed to find someone  to care about for the rest of her life in a sex-crazed, child craving world?  I want to love someone, I just don't link "love" with "intimacy".