Sign in to follow this  
Shasta Daisy

Books That Make You Cry

I don't know about the rest of you, but for me I love reading moving books. Books that either leaving you smiling, laughing, or crying at the end of them are in my opinion some of the best. I just finished reading this book called Heller With A Gun written by Louis L'Amour, and it was terrific. The ending, though, was so sad and moving that tears actually came to my eyes, which has only happened like two or three times before from reading books.

What books have you read that made you cry? Do you like those kinds of books?

I love books that make me feel deeply.

Stephen King is my favorite author, so my mind immediately turns to his body of work.

Books of his that made me weep:

-Carrie

-The Dead Zone

-Cujo

-Different Seasons (every story except "The Breathing Method")

-IT

-Insomnia

-Bag of Bones

-Hearts in Atlantis

-Dark Tower VII

-Lisey's Story

-Duma Key

-A few stories from Just After Sunset

Other books have made me cry too, but none move me like the King.

My short stories I had to write in the 5th grade.

XD It's funny, because I actually love reading short stories... if they're good.

I don't read books much,but these two made me tear up a bit. Because of Winn Dixie and The Giving Tree.

I don't read books much,but these two made me tear up a bit. Because of Winn Dixie and The Giving Tree.

I have never read the book Because Of Winn Dixie, but the movie almost made me cry.

The Fault in our Stars, Violet and Finch, Eleanor and ParkHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Allegiant, The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe, and The Last Battle, and probably some others I can't remember have all made me cry at some point when reading them.

The only book I have ever cried over was The Giver, by Lois Lowry.

Lois Lowry... Lois Lowry... that name was sooo familiar when I first read your post, that I couldn't take my mind off of it. Where have I heard that name before, I asked myself. It just struck me today; didn't she write a book about Denmark called Number the Stars? I've read that book before, and it was pretty good. :)

Lois Lowry... Lois Lowry... that name was sooo familiar when I first read your post, that I couldn't take my mind off of it. Where have I heard that name before, I asked myself. It just struck me today; didn't she write a book about Denmark called Number the Stars? I've read that book before, and it was pretty good. :)

Yes, she did. I read it for school a while ago, maybe 5-6 years ago. It was good. :)