Sign in to follow this  
Launch Man Group

There's Nothing Like the Love from a Father

It’s a Matter of Faith…

Consider:

1 light year is 5.88 trillion miles long=5,880,000,000,000 miles=distance light travels in one year

This is the size of the ruler we must use to measure God’s universe.

Isaiah 40:25-26 NIV
“To whom will you compare me?
    Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
    Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
    and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
    not one of them is missing.

We think Adam naming all the animals was something!  He was just acting out of his God-nature.  What could we create with our words?  We are formed by God in His likeness.  What are we missing?

Hebrews 11:1-3 NIV
11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

John 20:29 NIV
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

1 Peter 1:8
Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy…

Belief is so important!  Many of us believe, and yet, we can’t see Him.  Why do we have trouble doing this with the promises of God?  We believe in Jesus.  His death, burial, and resurrection is the evidence and substance of our hope.  We did not see it, but we believe it and because of that we receive our salvation: through faith.

We receive salvation: through faith.

We receive God’s righteousness: through faith.

We receive God’s promises…

Romans 4:13 NLT
Clearly, God's promise to give the whole earth to Abraham and his descendants was based not on his obedience to God's law, but on a right relationship with God that comes by faith.

Romans 1:17 AMP
17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed, both springing from faith and leading to faith [disclosed in a way that awakens more faith]. As it is written and forever remains written, “The just and upright shall live by faith.”

…through faith.  As children of God, we have to quit looking at our circumstances for evidence of what we hope for, and put our confidence in God, His truthfulness, and His Word.  He cannot lie, and He cannot fail. 

Hebrews 6:13-20 NIV
13 For example, there was God’s promise to Abraham. Since there was no one greater to swear by, God took an oath in his own name, saying:

14 “I will certainly bless you, and I will multiply your descendants beyond number.”
15 Then Abraham waited patiently, and he received what God had promised.

16 Now when people take an oath, they call on someone greater than themselves to hold them to it. And without any question that oath is binding. 17 God also bound himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that he would never change his mind. 18 So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. 19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary. 20 Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.

God has set the example that we have to declare the promises of God (Romans 10:10), which are “Yes, and Amen” in Jesus (2 Corinthians 1:20), with our mouths to see in the physical world that for which we hope.  That is so awesome!  Do we believe that?  How much would our lives improve if we stopped doing the opposite: focusing on what we don’t have or the negative things we see?  This is so backwards, and I am guilty!

We believe the promises of God in our hearts, we say them, God acts—not always in our timing or even in this life do we always see their fulfillment (Hebrews 11:13-16).  However, God never fails or disappoints us, ever.  Don’t give up on your hope (Hebrews 10:35).  Sometimes it’s a process. 

Sometimes we don’t see the manifestation until after we die, but how much better could we bear today’s trouble if we knew that for eternity (compare that to today’s lifespan), we’d be with Him lacking nothing (Revelation 21:3-5).  This lifespan is much too tiny to live for; live for eternity. 

Don’t get me wrong; God wants us blessed in our current lives.  It gives Him glory and is a tangible thing people can see to know we are His (Matthew 5:14-16; John 15:7-8): that starts with love (1 Corinthians 13; John 13:34-35).  There’s no more valuable material on earth because it is the essence of God.  We will sell or do anything for the hope of it.  We cherish it once we have and understand it.  We are instantly crushed when the anticipation, hope, or reality of it leaves.  When we look for love, we are actually looking for God. 

We have to quit seeking things or expecting human beings to give us what only God can give: perfect love.  At best, we can simply reflect it, and that comes through daily fellowship with God in prayer (Philippians 3:7-14).  We must read His Word (2 Corinthians 3:18).  40-year minister, Ivan Tait says we are only as close to God as our ability to love those who wound us (Luke 23:34).  Bible knowledge alone does not create selfless love; intimacy with God and obedience do.  We are best defined as Christians by what we do to satisfy the needs of those who hate, abuse, murder, threaten, falsely accuse, betray, and misuse us (Matthew 5:43-48).  It is the power of God.  Are we like the Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37), King Saul (1 Samuel 18:6-9), and/or the unforgiving servant (Matthew 18:21-35)?

1 John 4:7 NASB
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

1 John 4:16 NASB
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Look up the scriptures I noted.  Take your time and really think about their application—ask three questions: “What did I learn?” which is knowledge, “What does it accomplish?” which demonstrates understanding, and “What can I do now?” which shows application.  Biblegateway.com or BibleHub.com are great resources to look up Scripture.  Find which versions work for you!

I love you guys.  It is my passion that we see God for who He really is: AWESOME :)  There’s no one like Him, and the best thing is, He loves both you and me (big smile).  There’s no greater joy than being with Him.  Hallelujah!

Psalm 16:11 NLT (One of my favorite scriptures!)
You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.

Always love,

Mr. MJ

I like this, I like this alot.  however, I have a question:  What if you don't know what a father's love is like? 

My father only showed me his dislike and anger towards me.

Thankfully, my step father turned it all around for me, but... not everyone shares that story. How does one connect "God's love" to the word "father", when "father" brings up some very, very poor connotations?