PaperGirl

Reaching out to teens through writing

Hello interested reader,

I am creating a free online magazine for teens by teens. About the Christn life as a teen, and reaching out to non Christians. The first issue will be online by January, but it must be written by the end of November so it dosnt mess with anyone's Christmas preparation.

I already have a couple writers including myself but I wanted to know if there was anyone willing to write articles or a Column, if you are interested please comment or PM me. (If this post is at all against the rules please tell me so I can delete it. Thank you.)

I might be interested. What kind of stuff would we be writing exactly? (:

Well since the first issue is from Jan-Feb the topic that goes through out the issue would be God's love. Other then that you basically write anything you think is useful for a fellow teens to read.

There will be articles explaining things in the bible and others about the theology. Music, movies and book reviews; answering letters. Also we can have short fictional stories. Testimonys and articals about witnessing to friends...ect.

Edited by PaperGirl

Well since the first issue is from Jan-Feb the topic that goes through out the issue would be God's love. Other then that you basically write anything you think is useful for a fellow teens to read.

There will be articles explaining things in the bible and others about the theology. Music, movies and book reviews; answering letters. Also we can have short fictional stories. Testimonys and articals about witnessing to friends...ect.

Sounds awesome! I'm in! Well, I've never really done anything like this before. I mean, I've written things that have to do with God's love, and all sorts of things, but getting it in a magazine would be new to me. I'd definitely like to try it out, if possible. :) I just worry that I could get writers block. So would it be okay if I tentatively tried it out at first, to see if I could do it? :) (I think it'll probably work out just fine.) Edited by Saved.2.

So all the articles in that newspaper would be about christianity, and literally nothing else?

Basically, I'm good at writing scary/fictional stories, would those be accepted? 

Saved.2.,

That's completely fine :), and just pray about what to write, then the writers block should go away.

Paraskeve,

Short fictional stories are welcome but not horror/sci-fi, sorry. I don't have anything against those genres (I love doctor who.) Its just I don't think It should be put in a magazine dedicated to the christan life.

As in, I write songfics. Fanfiction based on songs. Like these songs.

Sir Sly - Gold

Yellow Flicker Beat

Ed Sheeran - Photograph (Official Music Video)

R. City - Locked Away ft. Adam Levine

Melanie Martinez - Dollhouse (Official Music Video)

It really depends on how long I've listened to it. A few more are;

Oracular Spectacular-MGMT, Kids

Coldplay-Paradise

and Coldplay-Viva la Vida

Personally, I think that no one really would mind, it would add a bit of freshness. (Or its just me that thinks that,)

Saved.2.,

That's completely fine :), and just pray about what to write, then the writers block should go away.

Thanks! Sounds great. (:

Praying will help sometimes, but what I like to do is just reread it all, and sometimes find something I can use. 

Paraskeve,

I like stories baised on music, you can write that kind of storie as long as a character is a Christian. And the song does not have anything questionable in it.

Questionable how? Because my version of questionable would probably be different than yours.

e.g. Dollhouse, when used originally, has cannabis/alcohol. 

Unoriginally, would be an insane person playing with dolls, but imagining them doing that which the song says.

Edited by paraskeve

Jesusismyticket, that's is perfect :) (sorry for the late reply)

Great! Is there any particular thing you want me to refrain from reviewing? (i.e. explicit songs, anything that is not christian music)? I want to make sure I follow the code :P

Great! Is there any particular thing you want me to refrain from reviewing? (i.e. explicit songs, anything that is not christian music)? I want to make sure I follow the code :P

Thank you for asking that, yes: if a song has questionable lyrics, by that I mean if your not sure if they are talking about something bad in it then we should not have it in the mag. You can do a variety of styles of music if you want :)

Saved.2.: I need all the articals/columns written and sent to me by the end of November, if anyone has theirs done before that please send it. I'll copy everything to a file in my computer until January. Then I'll paste it to the site and do the technical stuff in the first-second weeks of January. I will send all the writers a link when the first issue is online.

Thank you for asking that, yes: if a song has questionable lyrics, by that I mean if your not sure if they are talking about something bad in it then we should not have it in the mag. You can do a variety of styles of music if you want :)

Saved.2.: I need all the articals/columns written and sent to me by the end of November, if anyone has theirs done before that please send it. I'll copy everything to a file in my computer until January. Then I'll paste it to the site and do the technical stuff in the first-second weeks of January. I will send all the writers a link when the first issue is online.

Awesome! I think I'll have my sent by Halloween. I like to be on top of my commitments. :P

Attention Writers,

20 days till deadline, articals need to be written and sent to me before November 30th.

Thank you so much for the reminder. I had forgotten, I'm sorry. I'll write something very soon.

Hello, you may be wondering where the Mag is, it is nowhere.   But that is only because I didn't get enough articles, many people promised they would write but other things got in the way and so only about three or four did.  I'm not calling it quits (only for the sakes of those who did write fantastic articles.) so the date of launch is just moved back until I have a full group of dedicated writers and enough articles to publish the first issue.  So if anyone is still interested its not to late.

please contact me if you have any questions or if you are interested in participating.

Hi, im kinda interested in writing something. I like to do articles and reviews and things as well as debates. Could you maybe send me some details via email or just a message. If its not too late?