Sign in to follow this  
Sappho

Anencephaly

Anencephaly is the absence of a major part of the brain and skull during embryonic development. The baby only has its small brains, which make it breath and other basic stuff. It's not sentient: it cannot see, hear, feel, think, ... Neither does it have a consiousness nor even a personallity. One could say it's a vegetable made of flesh. It's very rare (about 0.1%). When born, they have only hours or days to live.

Organs for baby's are scarce and much needed. "It was found that among children who die under the age of two, thirty to fifty percent do so while awaiting transplant."  In order for infant organs to be viable, they must be taken while there is still circulation. That means while the baby is still alive.

Now you see the question coming: should we euthanise those baby's with anencephaly and take their organs to save many other lives, or should we let them die in a natural way without the possibility of getting any organs from it?

This also opens a debate on when one is to be considered human. 

It's merciful to kill them before they suffer much pain. If you get organs out of it, then... might as well take them.

The same goes for dogs, if they have great pain, then we should euthenize them before they suffer a lot. 

Because it's selfish to let someone suffer just to have them on earth a while longer.

If they aint goin through pain, and you kill me, your a real thug.

Now if they are going through pain. Hopefully someone invented a thing that kills the pain for babies

It's merciful to kill them before they suffer much pain. If you get organs out of it, then... might as well take them.

The same goes for dogs, if they have great pain, then we should euthenize them before they suffer a lot. 

Because it's selfish to let someone suffer just to have them on earth a while longer.

But we forget that life is given by God. We don't have the right to kill anyone, even if they are in pain. It is not a God-given right, and by killing another human being, to put them out of pain, is murder. They aren't dogs that can be put out of their misery, they are humans and we have no right to do that.

(I shouldn't had commented anything but this;) You are dreaming up an imaginary scenario that has no hard-and-fast rules. You'd have to work it out with your priest, the doctors, your spouse/kids.

Appearently some people read over it, but those babies do not feel pain. They do not feel anything at all. Even more, they do not have a personallity nor consciousness. It's not more than a breathing pack of mead.

This is a very sticky situation. No parent would want their child to feel pain or suffering, so the easy answer for most people would be to abort the baby. Although my views and opinions differ from many people, I do not ever support abortion under any circumstances. Who are we to play the role of God? The doctor's report may say one thing, but the healing power of God says a completely different thing. God will remain faithful to those who trust in him. I don't think that it is ethically right to abort a baby because of what the doctors say. There have been way too many cases where the doctor's report has been incorrect and a perfectly healthy baby was aborted. Even if you're told your baby will only last a few hours or day, that's still a life that deserves to be lived even if it's short.  

This is a very sticky situation. No parent would want their child to feel pain or suffering, so the easy answer for most people would be to abort the baby. Although my views and opinions differ from many people, I do not ever support abortion under any circumstances. Who are we to play the role of God? The doctor's report may say one thing, but the healing power of God says a completely different thing. God will remain faithful to those who trust in him. I don't think that it is ethically right to abort a baby because of what the doctors say. There have been way too many cases where the doctor's report has been incorrect and a perfectly healthy baby was aborted. Even if you're told your baby will only last a few hours or day, that's still a life that deserves to be lived even if it's short.

*like*

Most of you who've responded to this are completely missing the point. The real question is this: is a child with no brain, and therefore no consciousness, no feeling, no sense, no mind, no emotion, no will, no pain, no pleasure, no knowledge, and no experience, even human life? And if not, is there any reason to keep it alive?

Most of you who've responded to this are completely missing the point. The real question is this: is a child with no brain, and therefore no consciousness, no feeling, no sense, no mind, no emotion, no will, no pain, no pleasure, no knowledge, and no experience, even human life? And if not, is there any reason to keep it alive?

at least one of you got it :P

so what do you think about it, nicene?