Sign in to follow this  
Shasta Daisy

Looking Nice vs. Being Comfortable

I know that it is not always a choice between the two... but sometimes it is. Like wearing that adorable pair of four-inch-high heels when you know you can't walk in them, or wearing that gorgeous dress when it is freezing out and you'd rather wear that old floppy sweater your Grandmother gave you that isn't the prettiest thing, but is sooo comfy. Which would you choose, if it came right down it? Comfort over most visually  appealing, or vice versa?

Edited by Shasta Daisy

I would choose visually appealing. I have been taught about styles that look nice, and most of the styles I wear, are good-looking and comfortable, which makes everything nicer. But if I had to choose I would choose nice-looking if someone was going to be seeing me, at home it's not so important to me, though I do try to look nice all the time.

Did you mean home or when people will be seeing you?

I would choose visually appealing. I have been taught about styles that look nice, and most of the styles I wear, are good-looking and comfortable, which makes everything nicer. But if I had to choose I would choose nice-looking if someone was going to be seeing me, at home it's not so important to me, though I do try to look nice all the time.

Did you mean home or when people will be seeing you?

Either or. I was just curious about the responses. Say you're going to a party, or having friends over, or something like that.

Either or. I was just curious about the responses. Say you're going to a party, or having friends over, or something like that.

Ok. I would try to look nice for either. I try to look nice even if it's just my family. Maybe I'm weird, but that's me. :)

Jeans, when they fit, are amazing. I just cleaned out a bunch of old clothes out. xp

I prefer both.

All of my clothing is comfortable and looks nice. :D

A few years ago, this would have been super easy for me to answer "comfort" and be done with it but I've sense changed my tune. Like it or not, people will make assumptions about you based on physical appearance and while I'm not gonna wear heels that kill my feet just to make a statement I also don't want to show up to work in an old sweater and yoga pants and have the words "unproffesional", "careless" or "sloppy" attached to me. But note! Words such as pretty/ugly, fashionable/unfashionable arn't in play here at all. It's about being able to dress appropriately for the situation with the care that situation dictates. 

Edit: And for goodness sake if your wearing your pajama pants to your college lectures STAHP. XP

Edited by Marley

As a future ASL interpreter, I will be wearing ALOT of business casual. Cardigans, flats, and dressy loose slacks are a must.

Therefore, I choose both. Since I can't go out in my jammies.

Comfort mostly because I could care less about what people think.

I also hate jeans so I'm always in either leggings and plaid shirts, harem pants, yoga pants or shorts all with larger t-shirts or sweaters, however, when dressing up needs to occur, I'll choose slacks or dresses because they're not uncomfortable. However, I will NEVER wear healls because as someone studying Marine Biology, most of the time I'll be in a wetsuit and fins anyways. 

I think it really depends. 

Looking nice over being comfortable.

Tbh, my nice clothes are all comfortable, but I always make an effort to look put together when I leave the house. But, I'm willing to be less comfortable for the sake of being presentable and nicely dressed. 

I'm pretty good at balance. sometimes I channel my inner velociraptor too well to do anything but dress exactly as I please. 

Sign in to follow this