Sign in to follow this  
liveforjesus

Sailors?

Ok so I'm sure there aren't many sailors on CTF, but If you regularly sail or just do it once in a while this is the place to chat. I'll tell my story:

I started sailing at age nine and learned in little pram sailboats with my 6yo brother. I was immediately addicted and continued in the beginners until age 11. Then I started learning the ropes of a laser and optimist racers. I sailed my first race as a crew that year and loved it. The next year at age twelve, I sailed a national Optimist Dinghy regatta in 30mph of wind. I got 39th place out of 50. I decided that year, I wanted to go pro. This last year I crewed more often on Melges X boats and sailed about 10- 9hrs every day. 3hrs before class, 6hrs during class and often up to 3hrs when I got home. I lived next door to the sailing school director and she would sail with me after class. Now, I'm planning to compete in Inland Lake Champs at Okoboji next year and planning my college plan for sailing. It's awesome! Tell your story here

Super cool! 

I haven't gotten the oppurtunity to sail much recently but I took a sailing class my freshman year of college and loved it. 

I was on the sailing team at school! And I was a Royal Navy cadet. I sailed Toppers, Picos, 420s, Lasers, and Fireflies. 

Large boat-wise, I've sailed is on the Royal Navy's 38-foot sigma yacht, the Amaryllis, which was ridiculously fun. I also island hopped one summer in Croatia on a 40-footer.