Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shasta Daisy

Cooking From Scratch Recipes

I'm not sure if this is the place to put this or not, but if not I'll delete it and re-post it where it goes. :)

Do you fellow CTFers have any from-scratch (i.e. not using any kind of pre-made mixes) recipes that you would like to share? Here's the thread to to it on!

I, for one, love cooking and baking and trying new foods, and I have a couple recipes I'm going to post on this thread myself after I finish typing them up for y'all to try. Dinner, dessert, breakfast, lunch, or snack, feel free to share whatever kind of from-scratch recipe you like on here!

YES!!  There's a spaghetti-sauce that we make from sauce, which is really, really good. :D We add puréed tomatoes, cooked chorizo, mashed sweet potato and various spices.

YES!!  There's a spaghetti-sauce that we make from sauce, which is really, really good. :D We add puréed tomatoes, cooked chorizo, mashed sweet potato and various spices.

Yummy! What spices do you use in it? Sounds so good!!!

Italian seasoning is a must, basil, chopped onion, salt, red pepper flakes, pepper, that's all I can think of so far. xD

Italian seasoning is a must, basil, chopped onion, salt, red pepper flakes, pepper, that's all I can think of so far. xD

That sounds good!

Here is one of my favorite dessert recipes, and I even had it as my birthday cake one year. Even though it is called "Banana Squares", it is more like a cake than anything.

Banana Squares

Makes abt. 12 servings

2 eggs

2/3 cup butter, softened

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 bananas)

1 1/2 cups flour

1 t. baking soda

1/4 cup sour milk (or put 1 t. white vinegar in the bottom of the measuring cup and fill the rest of it with milk)

1/2 t. vanilla

Whipped cream to top (optional)

Combine all ingredients but whipped cream in a large mixing bowl. Mix very well until smooth. Pour into a greased 10" x 10" square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick insterted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired, and serve.

It's a great recipe, I hope y'all enjoy it. :) If you make it, feel free to let me know how it turned out for  you, and pictures are welcomed!