mazso98

Halloween! more like HalloWHAT?

Hey everyone!

We had my pastor preaching about halloween at church this weekend. And i was wondering what's everyone else's thought was on the topic?

Is it okay for Christians to participate in trick or treating and dressing up and such? Is it okay to celebrate halloween? 

Why and why not? 

Would love to hear everyone's thought on the topic :)

Sure, I don't see why not. I guess because it has roots in paganism, but today's holiday doesn't have the same meaning as it used to. I see no reasons why you shouldn't go trick or treating, except for safety concern. 

My family does not celebrate halloween because they believe it is the devil's birthday.

Now to be frank, in Mexico, it is more like an All Soul's Day, but for most it is just commercialization for candy now.

My family does not celebrate halloween because they believe it is the devil's birthday.

What does that even mean? The Devil was never "born."

Now to be frank, in Mexico, it is more like an All Soul's Day, but for most it is just commercialization for candy now.

Halloween was modernized by the Catholic church to be All Saints Day.

Your family sometimes does weird things for being Catholics... 

Devil wasn't born. Just cast down from the heavens above

I want everyone to know something, as I have mentioned this to some but not all.

My mother is a Protestant. She was baptized a Baptist because that's the church her mother grew up with, but moreless came to be Nazarene.

My grandfather is a non-church going Catholic. He was raised as one.

I chose Catholicism on my own. XD

basically, the reason they call it the 'devil's birthday' is because the holiday represents 'tricking' (some evil) mostly worldly pleasures and etc. So to them the holiday is moreless evil.