GearheadGirl-440ci.

A Teacher That is Actually Cool…

Perhaps we could all avoid the use of the term "butthurt". It's vulgar.

Mostly it's homophobic and kinda rape-y...

The problem is not that people get offended easily, and are “over sensitive”, the problem is that people want to oppress others and limit what they say.

I’ve been all over the country as well, from the most liberal states, to the most conservative states, and have in fact run into people that will get offended at everything and anything that they don’t like to hear.  

While I didn’t agree with most of what you wrote, it didn’t offend me, and I feel no need to oppress what you say, I just don’t agree with you, and that’s fine.

Nobody likes being offended, but nobody likes what they say to be oppressed, either.

I’d rather be offended than oppressed.  If I get verbally offended, I shake the dust off my feet.   

I had to actually look this word up, and was surprised to find that it is actually in the Oxford Dictionary. The given definition was not vulgar or abusive in the least, and it seems to fit very well in this thread.

butt·hurt

[ˈbətˌhərt]

ADJECTIVE
  1. overly or unjustifiably offended or resentful:
    "they're all butthurt that she released the album online first" ·
NOUN
  1. an excessive or unjustifiable feeling of personal offence or resentment:
    "it's time to get over the butthurt from last year's playoffs" ·

I think it is a silly word, and probably would not use it myself, but it did not seem to mean what y'all seem to think it means...

I had to actually look this word up, and was surprised to find that it is actually in the Oxford Dictionary. The given definition was not vulgar or abusive in the least, and it seems to fit very well in this thread.

butt·hurt

[ˈbətˌhərt]

ADJECTIVE
  1. overly or unjustifiably offended or resentful:
    "they're all butthurt that she released the album online first" ·
NOUN
  1. an excessive or unjustifiable feeling of personal offence or resentment:
    "it's time to get over the butthurt from last year's playoffs" ·

I think it is a silly word, and probably would not use it myself, but it did not seem to mean what y'all seem to think it means

Yeahhh.. I got it from the dictionary..so.. about that whole "rapey" bit, not what I meant.  At all. o.O

Unless... Jakob was making a point about being offended over a word and it's just way too deep for me right now? I dunno.