I just thought that this would be a great topic to put up there for all the writers on CTF. Here is where we can share inspirational quotes about writing with eachother, and help improve our writing skills by learning from the great authors we admire.
Here are some quotes by some of my favorite authors, and some not-so-favorite authors that happened to have good advise, and even some who were not really authors, giving tips that might help to improve writing skills:

"If you're going to be a writer, the first essential is just to write. Start writing something and the ideas will come. You have to turn the faucet on before the water starts to flow." - Louis L'Amour

"I notice that you use plain, simple language, short words and brief sentences. That is the way to write English - it is the modern way and the best way. Stick to it; don't let fluff and flowers and verbosity creep in." - Mark Twain

"Merely because you've got something to say that may be of interest to others does not free you from making all due effort to express that something in the best possible medium and form." - Jack London

"Writing is easy. All you have to do is cross out the wrong words." - Mark Twain

"Write hard and clear about what hurts." - Ernest Hemingway

"A short story must have a single mood and every sentence must build towards it." - Edgar Allan Poe

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." - Benjamin Franklin

"What people are ashamed of usually makes a good story." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

"The value of an idea lies in the using of it." - Thomas A. Edison

If you know of other great quotes that apply to writing, feel free to post them here! I'd love to hear what y'all have to say! :)