Sign in to follow this  
robyn1447

Having a hard time finding friends?

So at school, the people in my own grade are very immature, partying and drinking and the like. I have a really hard time relating to anyone and seem to drift away from any friends I do make in weeks. My only friends at school right now are in grade 12 and will be graduating this spring, and I'm scared about what I will do without them. Right now, we go over to each others houses and play music on our instruments together, and then afterwards we play "real music" aka rockband video game and eat pizza. I'm so scared about what I'll do without them. They've been there for me for four years, and I'm going to be so alone when they're gone. I don't know how to find friends my own age to hang out with and talk with because everyone seems to absorbed in their own little cliques.

Edited by robyn1447

I have the same problem too. I left my youth group because it was way too cliquey and mostly all the kids there were immature.

The girls in that group are clique,backstabbing,trash talking,ditzy,and everything revolves around instagram and selfies.

The boys are just stupid and perverted.

It's difficult for me to find kids my age with a brain in their head. Even the adults are like that sometimes. It's sad.

Kids grow out of it. Adults do too. Relax and take everyone at face value. Be kind, be polite. Seriously, everyone at face value, no one actually means anything until they do.