Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

AivisLV

I have phew questions about religion..

I am Aivis. Sorry if this is wrong forum and sorry about bad English. I live in Latvia and i have hard time in school and other stuff.

I tried everything thing to solve problems. But thing what makes my feelings worst is i will have exams in end of schools year and i think i will fail it

I thinked maybe god can help me to solve problems.

I thinked about suicide for a while and then i searched for suicide videos on YouTube.. Then i watched how one Christian said "kill your old life and start fresh life with Jesus" and he prayed for video watchers to help us and change our lifes. then i thinked.. Well if i fail it won't make any difference in my life.

So that night i prayed.. And next day i felt different. That day were successful and i had good time in school.

So i have phew questions.

1) Do i have to go to church to be Christian? Because closest church is more than 10 kilometers

2) can God really change my life and make it better?

3)Can God realy hear my prays?

4)can God forgive what i did in past?

1. Going to church can be a great way to connect with other christians and get involved with the church. But if you live so far away from church,you can always find sermons and worship songs on youtube. Some churches even life stream their services.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

1) Do i have to go to church to be Christian? Because closest church is more than 10 kilometers

There's no rule or law that says, "Unless you go to church, you can't be saved." However, the nature of the Christian life is being born again into God's new and redeemed family. When you are baptized in Jesus Christ, you become a member of the Church, and that relationship takes precedence over all existing relationships. Now, if there is no church you can realistically attend, then God is not unjust. He will not hold it against you for doing what you cannot do. But if it is at all possible, then it is essential to the Christian life to become a real part of God's people.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "my life," but He can and will change you for the better. If you trust in Jesus Christ, submit to Him in prayer, Scripture, and sacrament, He will transform you into the image of Christ, until you become blameless, mature, and holy. Your life circumstances may not change, but you will be equipped to handle them in a way that honors God and sustains hope and joy mixed with godly sorrow.

Absolutely.

Absolutely. Completely. He can also forgive what you will do in the future, and anything wrong you might be doing right now. Christ has already suffered on your behalf and in your place to destroy sin once and for all. Once you're united with Him through baptism and faith, there is no condemnation left in Christ Jesus. As long as you are in Christ, you are utterly and completely forgiven for all time.

But if you live so far away from church,you can always find sermons and worship songs on youtube. Some churches even life stream their services.

Church is way, way more than sermons and worship songs. That's such a small part of it.

So that night i prayed.. And next day i felt different. That day were successful and i had good time in school.

1. No, defiitley not. Church does not make us a Christian. Although, if at all possible, I highly recommend you do attend if you ever get the chance, because although not necessary, it help's to build us up in faith, and in our relationships with others. 

2. Change your life? Yes. Better? Depends on what you mean. Christianity is not a way to just make your problems go away, and everything suddenly is solved. We are not promised that, but instead we can have hope that no matter what happens in this life, Jesus has overcome. 

3. Yes, he can. 

4. Yes, definitley yes. This is the central point to any faith in Christ, the idea of redemption. Jesus Christ was crucified, and died on the Cross to overcome the power of sin, the power of death, and his given us freedom and forgiveness on the cross. He has paid for your sins, and has made you white as snow. When we become a Christian, and are baptized, we then are given new life in Christ, the old self dies with Christ on the cross, and we are then raised up with Christ in the resurrection. 

1. You should go to church. It's necessary for the Christian to go to church because we need guidance on how to live as Christians. We aren't perfect and need someone to guide us along the way. It's true that the Holy Spirit is our Guide, but we still need someone else who can answer our questions for us. After all, the Holy Spirit can and does speak through others. You need to connect with other Christians as well. Christianity is a body. St. Paul says that we are many parts that make up the same Body with Christ as the Head. He is the Head of the Body, the Church. We cannot function as a Christian on our own. We need our brothers and sisters in Christ to help us and we have a responsibility to help them as well. If you can go to church, you really should go.

2. Yes. God can change your life. You just have to ask Him. At my seminary, they talk a lot about God being the "Divine Physician", and how we have to let Him heal the wounds of our past so that we can be formed from boys into men and eventually (God willing) priests for God. Same applies to you. You need to give yourself over to God and let Him heal the wounds of your past. Just as recovery from surgery almost always involves some pain, this too will be hard. But God won't give you what you can't handle. Just trust in Him. One prayer I pray a lot is "Jesus, I trust in you." Give yourself over to God and let Him work in you. He will heal the wounds of your soul.

3. Of course He can. Miracles have occurred through prayer. There have been times where I've prayed for something, and went on for a while thinking that my prayer went unanswered and then I'll see that God was present there. God doesn't always answer in the way we think He will, but He hears and answers us. God answers prayer according to what's best for the person, which isn't always what the person wants. But, it's better for the person in the end. Again, trust in the God who loves you. That's central to prayer. Jesus says many times in the Gospels "Your faith has saved you." After He heals someone. Same goes for you.

4. Of course. If God couldn't forgive sins we'd all be in big trouble! Myself especially! God's mercy is a mystery to us all. There's one prayer I pray every Friday afternoon in memory of the Passion of Out Lord Jesus that goes: "We adore You, Lord Jesus Christ, here and in all Your churches throughout the world and we bless You for because by Your Holy Cross, You have redeemed the world." We are all redeemed through the Blood of Christ and His Holy Passion and Death and are given eternal life because of the Resurrection. Your sins are forgiven at Baptism and as we Catholics believe, when we confess our sins. God forgave Saul, didn't He? If God can forgive a man like Saul, He can and will forgive you. Also, look at what God did with Saul. He can do the same with you if you only trust in Him.

I am Aivis. Sorry if this is wrong forum and sorry about bad English. I live in Latvia and i have hard time in school and other stuff.

I tried everything thing to solve problems. But thing what makes my feelings worst is i will have exams in end of schools year and i think i will fail it

I thinked about suicide for a while and then i searched for suicide videos on YouTube.. Then i watched how one Christian said "kill your old life and start fresh life with Jesus" and he prayed for video watchers to help us and change our lifes. then i thinked.. Well if i fail it won't make any difference in my life.

1) You don't have to go to church to be Christian. It's about faith. Although, going to church can be beneficial.

2) Yes... yes He can. You must work to make your life better though. You can't expect God to magically make your life better without you trying. But He is in the business of changing lives.

3) Yes He always hears prayers

4) Yes.. as long as you repent and really feel sorry about it.

1. Of course you don't have to, nowhere in Bible is written that you have to go to church.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, but God can't help you much if you don't help yourself, so try to live a healthy life without sins.

4. I think everything can be forgiven.

:)

Edited by OrthodoxChetnik

1. Of course you don't have to, nowhere in Bible is written that you have to go to church.

That's not even remotely close to anything that slightly resembles a third cousin, twice removed of the truth.

That's not even remotely close to anything that slightly resembles a third cousin, twice removed of the truth.

I'm sorry, english isn't my native language so i'm not quite sure that i understand your reply :(

I'm sorry, english isn't my native language so i'm not quite sure that i understand your reply :(

Basically, I just meant: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO WRONG.

1 - You don't need to go to Church to be a Christian. You don't even need religion. All you need is Christ/God.

2 - Yes God can change your life for the better.

3 - No God does not hear your prayers, but His Angels do. That does not guarantee the request will be carried out.

4 - Forgiveness of your past sins depends on what you did. If you offended God then you are guilty of the Unpardonable Sin which unfortunately is unpardonable and cannot be forgiven.

1 - You don't need to go to Church to be a Christian. You don't even need religion. All you need is Christ/God.

This is unbiblical. There is no such thing as having Christ/God without religion, and no such thing as having Christ/God without the Church.

3 - No God does not hear your prayers, but His Angels do. That does not guarantee the request will be carried out.

Then why does the Bible speak over and over and over again of God hearing prayers?

4 - Forgiveness of your past sins depends on what you did. If you offended God then you are guilty of the Unpardonable Sin which unfortunately is unpardonable and cannot be forgiven.

Define "offended God." What do you mean by saying this could be the unpardonable sin? Doesn't all sin offend God?

It is not necessary for you to attend church as this is not the basis of Christianity. The way you be come a Christian is by inviting Jesus into your life. He is always there and listening. One thing you would need to get is a Bible either in hard-copy or software format. You would need this to learn more about who God is and what he has done for us?

Secondly, Church is not necessary ,but can be useful for you to talk to Christians which may have answer to your questions and encourage you. Also make sure that whichever Church you go to is a bible- based church.God is a mighty and powerful God and he may help you with your exams if you have faith he will do so. And lastly, do not just pray to God for your occasional needs, keep him in your life and pray for those little things that you think you can do in your own strength.

It is not necessary for you to attend church as this is not the basis of Christianity...Secondly, Church is not necessary

Scripture is in quite clear and direct opposition to those statements.

Scripture is in quite clear and direct opposition to those statements.

In which book may I ask ,as we may have different versions.

In which book may I ask ,as we may have different versions.

All translations of Scripture teach the same things. (Well, except the NWT.)

I wish you the best in your life's journey and hope you find Love and experience everything from it.