Ehm, hello! :D This is, I guess, a sorta replacement for the Solaris rp due to not enough people. (Marley said okay with this) and I hope you all like the idea!

Plotline: (Bit like those movie-books about the Jedi regrouping, as in, riiiiight after Revenge of the Sith when they're hunting down Jedi); The Republic has fallen, but not everyone knows that, they just think "oh, why change it to the Empire? Rather forbidding eh?" But anyway, they're hunting down anyone who has the ability to manipulate the force by hiring bounty hunters to hunt, and then capture them, and strand them on a deserted, dangerous planet. They'll try to get off, and we'll see how it goes then. :)

Rules and Restrictions that are applied:

Please have an understanding of the Star Wars universe; either by the movies, books, series, or just by googling it. :)

You will have to be active, at least one post per week, more would be nice, but if you can't, then that's okay. 

If you want to join but can't post once per week, PM me with the form, and we'll work something out. :)

Please keep it PG-13 violence.

Aliens are allowed, both canon and made-up-on-the-spot ones, but keep it realistic.

No power playing or controlling others without permission.

Multiple characters are allowed.

If you have to leave for a bit, please say so before disappearing. :)

EDIT: Order 66 is back to its original purpose.

Form.

Name:

Species:

Appearence:

Personality:

Backstory:

Weapon Abilities:

Have fun! 

Edited by paraskeve

Funny thing, I had an RPG with nearly the same title as this  few years ago. I thought for a second you had unearthed it and wanted a reboot. XD

I'll join if we get a at least a few people interested. I don't have time to write up bio's right now. The characters I'm thiking of using are Eeyla (rhymes with Shelia) and this guy who I don't have a name for yet. Sort of a brains and brawn type duo. The hot-head and the strong silent type. ^_^

I'm interested.  Just watched Star Wars: TFA. :D :biggrin: :D.  I was trying to think of a good plot to start something like this myself, but since Paraskeve beat me to it, I'll join. :D

Also, Marley, that second character without a name, isn't that him and some of his buddies doing cameos in this video:

? ;)

One of my character concepts is for a young, newly-minted Jedi Knight who is assigned to take a small group of Padawans or Younglings on a "school field trip" to a historic Jedi location (probably someplace like Tython or the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, or maybe the Valley of the Jedi to look for lightsaber crystals).  While they're gone, Order 66 goes out, and now the young Knight finds herself responsible for children's lives (she was assigned to this 'mission' in the first place because she wasn't deemed 'good enough' to be put at the head of Clone troops on the battlefront).  Does anyone want to be a Padawan or Youngling?  If not, it's OK, I have other character ideas I'd be just as happy to play.

I'd quite happily be a padawan, who wants to be my teacher? XD

(My form)

Name: Dapple

Female

Species: ... (I'll toss out my fav made-up species here) Bonzark

Appearance: Bird-like; has wings, and sharp, talon-like hands/feet, triangular red eyes. Also has long, sharp, curved spikes on her head, and she is alternating blue/red everywhere, no purple. (XDF) and the torso is human-like, except for one thing.

He has this key in the middle of his chest; it helps her... work. Without it, she slowly, painfully dies unless its back in her. (Do not touch it unless you'd like to be gutted) 

Personality: Cautious, quiet, meek, but also is not afraid to fight.

Backstory: (I'ma wait until there's a chance of a Master)

Weapon Abilities: Lightsaber, rudimentary control of the force, but also the head and the wings help.

One of my character concepts is for a young, newly-minted Jedi Knight who is assigned to take a small group of Padawans or Younglings on a "school field trip" to a historic Jedi location (probably someplace like Tython or the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, or maybe the Valley of the Jedi to look for lightsaber crystals).  While they're gone, Order 66 goes out, and now the young Knight finds herself responsible for children's lives (she was assigned to this 'mission' in the first place because she wasn't deemed 'good enough' to be put at the head of Clone troops on the battlefront).  Does anyone want to be a Padawan or Youngling?  If not, it's OK, I have other character ideas I'd be just as happy to play.

How young does a padawan or youngling have to be? 

Um... I think I read in a book that once they hit 16 in the Temple then they can't train... So I'd say at least 16 if not above? 

But I don't have that much knowledge about the SW universe. XD

How young does a padawan or youngling have to be? 

We don't have to be too fussy about 'canon,' especially when dealing with new alien species that might have biological reasons for starting later than usual ("But Master Yoda, a Brezhinakh doesn't even hatch until its ten years old, and then it's a sub-sapient predator until its first metamorphosis to nymph stage at around 16").  In Revenge of the Sith, we see Younglings of a number of (humanoid) species (Human, Twi'lek, Togruta, etc.) being trained with lightsabers as small children around 6 to 9 years old or so.  IIRC, the Jedi Council questioned whether Anakin was "too old" to begin training at around 8 years old or so.

In The Clone Wars, Anakin gets a Padawan (Ahsoka Tano) who is already pretty skilled with a lightsaber, using the Force (Force Push and Force Jump at least, IIRC) at around 12 years old.  Later in the series she commands Clone Troops in battle when Anakin and other older Jedi are absent.  In the EU (which is no longer canon, so we can ignore it if desired), an Old Republic Youngling needed to be chosen by a Knight or Master as a Padawan before their 13th birthday, or they would be assigned to the Jedi Service Corps, where people who have Force ability but not "the right stuff" to be a regular Jedi could put their talents to use.  The JSC was divided into 3 branches, the Agricultural Corps, the Exploration Corps, and the Medical Corps.

So in general, and assuming relatively human-like biology: Youngling, ~6 to 12 years old, Padawan, ~12 to Late Teens (?).  I don't know of any age deadlines for becoming a Knight, but I'm guessing there weren't a whole lot of 35 year-old Padawans running around. :)  Luke Skywalker began his training at 19 years old, and became a Knight at (IIRC) 23 years old, but he was a very unusual case.  His training wouldn't have happened that way if the Jedi Order was intact.

I'm planning on my character being a young Knight of 18 or 19 years old.

I'll think on it. It doesn't really work for the two characters I had above but I'm not at all opposed to playing really young characters haha. 

Edit: Ok, for those of you who've gamed with me for a while you know I'm a very picture oriented with my characters. So, basically, I could either use the two above or I could use this one and this one or possibly this one which would really make two characters. 

I really just have to see how the game shapes up haha. I could also switch up the character groups I have. I'll decide soon. 

Edited by Marley

Wait, so does this game include Order 66? Are the Jedi actually dying or has Order 66 changed to just "capture and detain"?

Regardless I have an idea for two characters.

1. A very humanoid Droid prototype who was created by some shadowy business (because I'm a sucker for shadowy businesses) to be a new and improved battle droid, but they gave him a bit too much personality. He's not a true AI, but his programming is intense and incredible. He would be a guardian of sorts to a Padawan currently in training, who would be my second character.

Bonus: what I'm thinking the Droid would look like

xofus.jpg

Name: Talitha Vadoma

Appearance:

Talitha3.jpg

487914026.jpg

Personality:

Talitha is shy and lacks confidence (especially in combat situations) but she wants very much to be the best Jedi she can be.  She is more scholar and mystic than warrior, though she does enjoy the art of the lightsaber as a contemplative practice.  She is very intelligent, and talented with a lightsaber, though she has yet to injure or harm a person with her blade.

Bio:

Talitha was born into a tribe of space nomads who lived aboard an AA-9 Coruscant Freighter, the Vadoma XII.  The Vadoma Tribe preferred to haul (often dodgy if not outright smuggled) cargoes along out-of-the-way hyperspace routes.  Between cargo runs, they would often take "shore leave" on planets, where they would hold festivals.  During these, they offered performances, fortune-telling, gambling, and other dubious entertainments, as well as under-the-table trade.  Her childhood included early training in sabacc, pick-pocketing, lock-picking, and fortune-telling using sabacc cards.

From a young age, Talitha was strangely unlucky.  If a sewage conduit was going to spring a leak and spray all over an important client, it would happen when she walked into the room.  If something valuable was to inexplicably fall and break, it would happen when she was being yelled at or punished.  Winning sabacc cards would change to rubbish whenever she was near a game.  Being a superstitious lot, the Vadomas came to believe that she was cursed.  They tried keeping her aboard the Ship during "shore leave," and keeping her away from the passengers.

The last straw came when she had been caught talking to Tian Senn, a mysterious and reclusive passenger who had hired them--and paid them well--to take him to various destinations deep in Trade Federation space and wait while he accomplished...whatever he intended at each location.  The nine year-old girl protested that he had sought her out, not the other way around, but Talitha's Elders refused to believe her.  One of them started to beat her...and nearby lockers began to bang and rattle as if there were creatures pounding on the doors from the inside.  A coolant conduit broke, forcing an emergency shut-down of the hyperdrive.

Panicking, the Elders were about to shove her out an airlock to save the ship, when a voice said, "I wouldn't do that if I were you, unless you all want to be haunted to your dying day."  It was Tian Senn.  "Give the child into my custody, and she will cause you no more trouble," he said, subtly waving a hand. Relieved to have a less-extreme way to be rid of her, the Elders agreed, on condition that they drop her and Tian off as soon as possible.  Tian paid for passage to Mon Calamari.  There, he purchased an MC-18 freighter, the Integrity.  As was their custom, the Mon Calamari Shipyards produced the ship as a custom build.  Tian asked Talitha her favorite color.  Nervously, she said 'Purple,' and he had the ship painted to match.

He was a Jedi Knight engaged in deep-cover espionage, keeping tabs on the Trade Federation after the Battle of Naboo.  He took her as a Padawan, and she played the role of his daughter on missions while he began her training.  When the Clone Wars began, Tian was recalled, and he returned to the Jedi Temple with his Padawan.  The Council was dubious about the unorthodox way in which Talitha was found, accepted into the Order, and trained by Tian.  With the Order suffering heavy losses in the War, they allowed her to continue her studies in the Temple, while they placed Tian in command of a Clone special ops force and sent him into battle.  He lent her the Integrity for personal transportation and deployed with his force from a Republic Light Cruiser.

Talitha excelled in her studies, and the Council reluctantly Knighted her.  They assigned her to teach Younglings and Padawans at the Temple so they could free up another Jedi Knight for combat duty.  She was taking a small group of Padawans on a field trip to the ruins of the ancient Jedi Library on Ossus when Palpatine seized power and issued Order 66...

Lightsaber:

Talithasfirstlightsabercopy_zps11dc0793.

Lightsaber Forms practiced:

Shii-Cho, Makashi, Soresu.

Force Powers:

Force Sense, Telekinesis/Push/Pull, Jedi Mind Trick, Force Jump, Force Speed.

Ship: The Integrity, an MC-18 Light Freighter:

TalithasShip2JPEG.jpg

TalithasShip1JPEG-1.jpg

Edited by Logos

I'm not that knowledgable about the SW universe! XD So I'll be a little slow here, sorry.

Here,  the Order 66 was changed to capture/detain.

(A: Both Marley's and TOWR's pics look awesome.)

(B: Logos, that form looks awesome!)
(C: Anyone wanna have a padawan? XD) 

Oh!

Spots open: 6... so far.

Spot 1: Me, Padawan

Spot 2: Reserved for TOWR

Spot 3: Reserved for JKAY

Spot 4: Logos, Jedi Master

Spot 5

Spot 6:

Spot 7:

Spot 8:

Spot 9:

Spot 10:

Number of padawans is limited to the number of jedi masters/mentors. So please don't just be padawans or younglings, we need some experience here too. :)

Have fun!

Edited by paraskeve

I'm not that knowledgable about the SW universe! XD So I'll be a little slow here, sorry.

Here,  the Order 66 was changed to capture/detain.

Just my opinion (as someone not the GM): While I think we shouldn't be too fussy about 'canon' (as in, "You can't have an XD-OMG droid!  Those weren't invented until 13 ABY!"), I think we should stick to the major plot points of the movies.  That Darth Vader and the Empire were seeking to wipe out the Jedi (starting with Order 66, a command given to Clone troopers in Revenge of the Sith to turn on their Jedi generals and kill them) was pretty important to the story arc of the movies.  It's why Obi-Wan and Yoda (not counting the EU) were the only two Jedi left as far as they knew, and why Luke becoming a Jedi Knight in Return of the Jedi represented...well, the return of the Jedi.

Also, if the Empire's forces have standing orders to "kill on sight," it raises the dramatic stakes for our characters.  They can't just surrender to the authorities and hope to get a good lawyer. :)  If we want captures and escapes/rescues, there could be bounty hunters out to capture Jedi and turn them over to the Empire for rewards.

(B: Logos, that form looks awesome!)

Thank you. :)  I've edited it to add Talitha's Force powers and lightsaber Forms.

BTW, I am also willing to introduce a major villain character, unless someone else wants to be the Big Bad.  I think others should have first dibs so I'm not bogarting both the Jedi teacher (if no one else creates an experienced Jedi) and the main villain.

So...

Name: Vih (rhymes with sky) of house Orouba

Gender: Male pronouns, but his species is truly hermaphroditic. Male/Female is usually chosen by the idividual to be culturally similar to other species. Some Wek Wek's remain unclassified.

Species: Wek Wek

Appearance:

tumblr_n7ris74DHZ1s4qsmpo1_500.png

I TOTALLY ripped off from Mass Effect.

Personality: Vih may be amphibious but his humor is dryer than dirt. He can come off as insensitive and cold, has no time for unnecessary drama, often gets called "too harsh", and holds everyone to very high standards. That's not to say he doesn't care about people, they just irritate him. He likes to see people improve and likes to help them improve, but only if they want to get better.

Backstory: Vih was born on Coruscant while his "Mother" and "Father" were serving in the Galactic Senate. Because the Wek Wek species ages rapidly through adolescence and the slows drastically as time goes on, he showed his sensitivity to the Force at 4 years old. (Close to nine in human years) He was trained in the temple and taken on as a Padawan by the recently knighted Jocasta Nu. Vih was 8 at this time and only three years from reaching maturity. Jocasta, being the head librarian at the Jedi Temple, taught Vih the importance of study, knowledge, and research as opposed to pure combat. Thus, he was given a yellow lightsaber, to signify his constant pursuit of knowledge. While he was taught that knowledge and diplomacy was almost always superior to aggression and combat, he loved the 'feel' of a lightsaber battle. He enjoyed sparring with the other padawans, and learning new techniques by watching holograms in the Library.

While on what was rumored to be his final mission with Jocasta Nu before he was to become a Jedi Knight, a bounty hunter was sent to kill him. A youngling by the name of Mace Windu was captured by a Sith sympathizer. While the kidnapper was obviously skilled enough to get inside the Jedi Temple, capture a youngling, and get back out of the Temple without anyone noticing, it was also obvious that he was mentally deranged. The boy was taken to the morally depraved planet of Tatooine. There, Jocasta and Vih were greeted by plenty of mercenaries and scum who thought it would be good for their reputation to kill some Jedi. It was unexpected to be attacked as soon as they stepped off of the ship, but waves of mercenaries came after the duo. During the fighting, Jocasta pointed out that there was one assailant that seemed to be supervising the fighting from the back of the pack. She figured that they might have been a mercenary boss or worse, an agent of the rising crime boss Jabba. After the last of the mercs were dispatched, the cloaked figure attacked. Using hand-to-hand combat, the bounty hunter was able to wound Vih and render Jocasta unconscious. While the assailant was about to deliver the death-blow, Vih was able to sweep the figure off of his feet and remove its cloak. A droid. Vih quickly summoned his lightsaber and decapitated the droid. After checking on his master and getting her woken up, the two brought the droid on their ship for further study and sent word to the Council that the mission was a failure. The Council sent another Jedi to recapture the missing youngling and the mission was then completed, but neither Jocasta or Vih look back on the day with pride.

After receiving proper treatment, Vih looked into why he was attacked by the droid. Upon looking into the droids memory core, it was shown the he was hired by a Wek Wek diplomat who was a known opponent to his parents who still served on the council. The droid told some mercenaries on Tatooine about the arrival of the Jedi, and thus planned the whole ambush. Impressed with the droid, Vih took the droid for himself and repaired it after manually wiping a fair portion of its memory banks. He also programmed the droid to pilot starships and act as a serving unit. However, he was unable to access the inner-most workings of the droids memory, leaving the combat skills and also leaving the origins of the droid a secret. If asked about it's origins, the droid, who Vih nicknamed "Wraith" will reply with "Access to this information is classified."

Years later, after Vih was officially knighted and his master had made it onto the Council, Vih became one of the Orders best at research missions. Visiting ruins of civilizations to add more knowledge to the Orders Library. He'll be gone for weeks at a time while exploring different ruins and hunting down artifacts. The few times he returns to the Temple is usually spent in the Library with his former Master and occasionally teaching the Padawans about the history of different races. Eventually he was ordered by the Council to take on a Padawan of his own. After training his Padawan into a proper Jedi Knight, he would be offered a position on the Council. Vih, eager to serve the Order in any way he could, selected a human boy named Viggo Zahn to take under his wing.

Vih, Viggo, and Wraith were all on the planet of Dagobah researching an ancient tomb when Order 66 was ordered. They returned to the Capital to see the carnage done by Anakin Skywalker and the other Sith and immediately left to look for any remaining Jedi in the galaxy. Talitha Vadoma was on Ossus with some of the remaining younglings and the Sith could be after her. Vih was sure that he'd make it to them first.

Lightsaber:

il_570xN.716424253_h51c.jpg

The blade itself is yellow, and unusually short. (Think basic short sword)
Lightsaber Forms Practiced:

The speedy, acrobatic style works well for Vih and his small stature, seeing as to how he's just barely over 5' tall.

Force Powers: Telekinesis, but that's pretty standard. He has a tendency to use it on himself making it seem he can glide for short distances or jump exceedingly high.

___

Name: Viggo Zahn

Species: Human

Appearance:

2879c520235db5fac3a53a11189febb9.jpg

Personality: Similar to his Master, Viggo is seen as harsh and cold. However, where in his Master it stems from confidence, it stems more from anxiety for Viggo. He is just as hard on himself as he is on his peers. He is very analytical and observant, something that comes naturally to him as a part of being Force Sensitive. He has a habit of making snap decisions which works in his favor only half of the time. On a positive note to that, is his lightning fast wit. He struggles with depression, but his master is very understanding and is working with him.

Backstory: (I have tried to type this out multiple times and something happens every-gosh-darn-time to delete it all. So you get the abridged version. K?)

He accidentally sent his mother through a wall when his parents were having a fight. He force-pushed her when he was screaming in terror.

Out of fear, they sent him away.

Jedi found him and took him to the temple.

He struggles learning the force but is more than proficient with a Lightsaber.

He has panic attacks and struggles with depression, which is why Vih took him on as an apprentice.

He enjoys studying with Viggo and Wraith.

Lost his temper twice at the temple and once when with Vih. The Force reacts to his anger and bursts out from him. He can't control it.

Lightsaber:

il_570xN.702158043_kn17.jpg

Lightsaber Forms Practiced:

A more traditional, direct form than what his Master uses.

Force Abilities: Viggo struggles with the Force. Having difficulty with even the most basic things, even "feeling" the Force is difficult for him. But if he were to lose his temper, he could wreck shop. 

Edited by T.O.W.R.

I was literally about to ask what a XD-OMG Droid was until I finally got that you were just using the words as x,y,z. XD  

Sure! I can edit the beginning post for the "sorry, we decided to revise the Order 66 to its original intent."

(TOWR, that form looks good! :) I'm excited for this to start!!)

I think the villian should be controlled by two people? I honestly think that it would work a bit better than just one person being the villain. Does that sound okay with everyone? :) 

Hey y'all. The only reason I've been hesitant to jump in on this is because I'm afraid that with my knowledge of the canon of Star Wars this will annoy me, but I think I can put that aside. So..... quick question, has anyone taken the villain slot and were you thinking of just making them Inquistors or were you gonna go with something else?

Hey y'all. The only reason I've been hesitant to jump in on this is because I'm afraid that with my knowledge of the canon of Star Wars this will annoy me, but I think I can put that aside. So..... quick question, has anyone taken the villain slot and were you thinking of just making them Inquistors or were you gonna go with something else?

My concept for a villain is an Imperial Moff in charge of an Acclamator Class Assault Ship and a force of Clones.  A second villain character (not played by me) could be in charge of the Clones.  However, this character is a "back-up plan" in case others don't take the villain slots, so whoever has ideas and interest, go for it!

Also, as I understand it, Para has agreed to go with the canonical Order 66, so hopefully you'll not be annoyed. :)

Moff Tarkin sprung to mind when you said Imperial Moff.
(Imperial Moff... :lol: that name!)

Both of the characters ideas sound cool. :)

And Zabby, the villian spot is indeed open. Perhaps you and Logos would like to control the villain(s)?

My provisional villain character.  Bio is subject to revision depending on Zabby's response to my PM (you did get my PM, didn't you Zabby?)

Name: Damarys Vethi'shaan

Species: Human

Appearence:

Damaryscopy.jpg

Personality:

Damarys is cool and calculating, a brilliant strategist and tactician.  She is strong-willed, assertive, and independent.  She has a dry wit, and a taste for luxury that contrasts with her strong belief in military culture and discipline.  She is deeply suspicious of the Force.  An invisible, inexplicable alien power that gives some beings strange paranormal abilities, then pits them against each other in an everlasting struggle between "Light" and "Dark?"  What's not to distrust?  She is somewhat uneasy with the newly-enthroned Emperor Palpatine and his mysterious right hand, Darth Vader.  On the plus side, there are only two of them, and they're ridding the Galaxy of the Jedi.  In addition, they've brought order to the Galaxy and organized its governance along military lines, as opposed to the failed "democracy" of the Old Republic.

Backstory:

Damarys was born into an extremely wealthy and influential Coruscanti family.  The Vethi'shaans have maintained dynastic control of Coruscant's Senate seat for generations, and they run a vast interplanetary business empire.  As a child, she was a tomboy and troublemaker, constantly getting in fights and causing mischief.  She made it a point to strive to be as far away from her parents' concept of a "proper" high-born young lady as she could get away with.

As a teenager, she took up swoop bike racing, then starfighter racing and competitive dogfighting. 

The-Rocket-Racing-League_large.jpg

She also developed an interest in military history and started to pursue it as an academic discipline.

Her parents indulged her at first, hoping she would grow out of her strange hobbies, become ready to marry well and take her place in the Family empire.  Instead, she demonstrated a talent for piloting, and started to climb in the rankings.  Deciding that she would turn into a pirate or mercenary fighter pilot if they didn't do something, her father put his foot down and enrolled her into a strict finishing school.

Damarys ran away from home for the Outer Rim before he could send her off, and joined the Republic Star Fleet under a fake I.D..  Surprisingly, her rebellious streak did not emerge in boot camp.  Instead, she fell in love with the uniforms, the discipline, the sense of purpose and the challenging environment she found there.  After graduation, she volunteered for interdiction duty against Outer Rim pirates and criminals.  Shortly before her first deployment, she was tracked down by the Family's private investigators. 

Her ruse exposed, she was brought before a Board of Inquiry.  She pleaded for clemency, explaining that she'd used the false identity to avoid the privileged "career officer track" her real name would have slotted her into, so she could join the "real Fleet" and make a difference fighting for the Republic.  She appealed to her superiors and the JAG to rule that her enlistment remained legally binding regardless of what name she'd signed up under.  Her determination to remain in the Fleet represented a possible political inconvenience for the Family.  While the Fleet would have had no objection to her parents pulling strings to get her a discharge if she'd wanted out (one less privileged brat to babysit), she insisted on fighting for her right to serve. 

After tense argument and negotiation, her parents agreed to let her stay, and raised no objection to the deployment she'd applied for.  Perhaps a rough, uncomfortable tour of duty in a remote armpit of the galaxy would finally knock some sense into their stiff-necked daughter.  With a little nudge here and there, she could be moved into the bureaucratic track, toward Fleet procurement and a useful role assisting the Family's defense-contract firm.

Unfortunately for their plans, Damarys thrived on the edge.  She became a fighter Ace against pirates and smugglers, then was promoted to command of a Strike Cruiser, the Vigilant.  She hit hard and fast, cutting deep into the profits of organized crime on the Rim.  The crime syndicates and pirate fleets in her sector of operation united against her, massing against the heavily-outnumbered Republic task force.  So far out from the Core worlds, the Republic fleet was small and poorly funded.  Her Fleet Captain dressed her down for getting them into such a mess, and was considering abandoning the sector.  "Sir, the Trade Federation blockaded and invaded a Republic world," she said, reminding them of the Naboo affair, "and got away with it.  If we start running from pirates and criminal scum, the Fleet will lose all credibility.  It'll only cause more trouble in the long run.  Give me the Escort Carrier and its fighter compliment.  Pull the rest of your ships back to Sector Command.  The Base shields and your firepower will hold them off until I can break the siege."  When she explained her strategy, the Fleet Captain reluctantly agreed.

While the "Criminal Armada" massed against Sector Command, Damarys led her two-ship task force on a lightning raid into hostile territory.  She became the pirate, forcing them into the role of defender.  She struck their manufacturing and mining facilities, supply depots and other strategic targets chosen to shred their logistics network.  The hodge-podge of crime syndicates and pirate gangs was not very good at large scale coordinated logistics to begin with.  Damarys exploited their lack of deep unity, dodging into one syndicate's territory to escape the pursuing fleets of a "former" rival.  The siege of Sector Command evaporated as syndicates started sending ships back to defend their territories not only against Damarys, but against "incursions" by forces belonging to their "allies."

Meanwhile, this miniature war had attracted the attention of Chancellor Palpatine on Coruscant.  He dispatched two Jedi, a Knight named Obi-Wan Kenobi, and his young Padawan, Anakin Skywalker to join Damarys aboard the Vigilant and resolve the conflict.  Damarys found the Jedi and their powers creepy, especially those of the arrogant adolescent Padawan, who liked to show off and exuded a sense of his superiority over mere mortals.  Damarys resented having a child aboard her ship, and was extremely disquieted at the fact that the boy followed his master into combat.  Nonetheless, the Jedi provided a potent ground attack capability she had previously lacked.  Under their combined assault, the "Criminal Armada" fell apart, and order was restored to the sector.

To her considerable displeasure, the Jedi were credited in the media with "a successful peacekeeping mission on the Outer Rim."  Unbeknownst to her, she had attracted Chancellor Palpatine's interest.  She was promoted to Fleet Captain and given command of a Dreadnought as flagship of a task force of three Escort Carriers, five Strike Cruisers, and three Fleet Tenders, and given permission to range far and wide through the Rim taking on pirates and crime syndicates.

Then the Clone Wars began, and she was turned loose against the Separatists.  Her strategy of a rapid tempo of strikes against key logistical targets far behind Separatist lines prevented them from being able to initiate an unstoppable "replication buildup" (droids build factories that build more droids that build more factories until they could overrun the Republic with sheer numbers), stunting Separatist production enough for the Republic forces to maintain parity.

Damarys strongly objected to Jedi being given command of Clone troops.  "They're diplomats and peacekeepers!  What do they know about fielding combined-arms military forces on the battlefield?  Their idea of combat is to charge in with lightsabers swinging.  That may work for them, but someone needs to tell them that Clone troops can't deflect blaster shots with swords, and that 'frontal assault against massed firepower' is the worst possible tactic!  The only reason we're winning is because Battledroids are even stupider than Jedi!"

Chancellor Palpatine decided to let her build and test her theories on military organization and combat, to lay groundwork for the post-Jedi Galaxy he was working toward.  During a promotion ceremony, he sounded her out and listened congenially to her complaints about Jedi leadership.  "You are of course, correct, but the Jedi are too powerful politically for us to sideline them," he said.  "So long as the Senate supports them as the Republic's primary guardians, they will remain in charge of the Grand Army.  It was their creation, after all.  We do not have the votes to take it away from them."  This stoked Damarys' resentment of Jedi, as he intended.

Promoted to Admiral and given a battalion of Clones to deploy from her new flagship, the Acclamator Assault Ship Relentless, Damarys eschewed the use of lumbering Walkers, employing heavily armed and armored assault shuttles and gunships in the armor role instead.  This gave her the ability to move her forces rapidly across any terrain, outflank enemy strong points and deploy her troops where the enemy was most vulnerable.  Since she did not "lead from the front" and get caught up in the din of one part of a battle like a Jedi, she was able to coordinate her forces effectively throughout the entire battlespace, using intricate, coordinated maneuvers and tactics that baffled Separatist Battledroids and their Neimoidian commanders alike. 

At war's end, Damarys supported Emperor Palpatine and his New Order.  From what she could learn about the circumstances, she believed Palpatine's account of an attempted Jedi coup.  Had the Jedi not created the Clone army in secret?  What might they have used it for, if the Separatist threat had not intervened?  Did they not insist on commanding it, despite being so clearly ill-suited for the task?  Damarys was promoted to Moff, and given a new mission: hunt down remaining Jedi, wherever they might hide.

Weapon Abilities:

Damarys has passable marksmanship with a blaster pistol and blaster rifle and basic hand-to-hand combat (part of her military training), but she is truly deadly in a starfighter cockpit.