T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

33 minutes ago, Boogles said:

This thread was around BEFORE shoutbox. 

Of course, but it is far more active now than it used to be prior to the removal. I didn't mean this thread was specifically created as a substitute, but it is being used as such. Most of these one line conversations that you have been having would typically be shoutbox material.

16 hours ago, noelKt5 said:

It's certainly more cost effective. It's actually good for me too. I'm such an introvert that when I live alone, I become a hermit. Which certainly isn't healthy. 

Yea, this is what has kept me from living alone in the past but honestly my current roomates don't really do much to help me to be outgoing anyway. One is just as much of an introvert as myself and the other is on an opposite work schedule so I don't really see her much. Idk. I go back and forth and am stupidly restless by nature anyway. It's entirely possible that by the time my lease is up I'll have settled more into the place. 

I know what you mean. It depends on the roommates. The girl that just moved out has always lived at that house with me and was a little standoffish. We got along great, but didn't actually interact that much. She was a very devout christian girl, but we had some serious theological differences, and conversations could get ugly between us. The other roommate is great for getting me out of the house. We'd go out for roomie dinners and to the movies occasionally. We also did stuff together at home, like having movie nights, or just relaxing with a glass of wine and talking about our weeks. The one before her was very sweet, and I liked her. She was just a bit too much for me at times. Still got me out of the house, but mostly to get a break from her. 

I'm kinda scared i'll get hermity too, if I live alone. i'm also prone to anxiety when I'm alone and the house makes noises. Coming from a homeschooled family, I'm usedto people noise. Silence just seems unearthly to me. 

3 hours ago, Boogles said:

I'm kinda scared i'll get hermity too, if I live alone. i'm also prone to anxiety when I'm alone and the house makes noises. Coming from a homeschooled family, I'm usedto people noise. Silence just seems unearthly to me. 

oh my gosh this is me XD If there is silence I feel like I need to ruin the silence. XD

so the lutheran church is pretty small and humble but strong in faith and I really liked it. there's some confusing things for me to figure out but I think I can get there... XD

38 minutes ago, Jesusismyticket said:

oh my gosh this is me XD If there is silence I feel like I need to ruin the silence. XD

I usually turn the radio on softly. :P 

nice! :D

1 hour ago, Jesusismyticket said:

real college student life

finishing an assignment the morning it is due... XD

Yup. Because you slept or binged on netflix the weekend before.  Who parties? pffft. 

I love the silence, but i also grew up in the middle of nowhere, so it's not weird to me. 

I do my best work under pressure. I procrastinated a lot, but my grades were fantastic. 

My Marking Period 1 results came in, and the lowest grade I got was an 89 (in French 2). I was shooting for straight A's, but now I have one B+ :D

Congrats! That is awesome. 

I saw a total of 7 clients today. I made 4 of them cry. One shed good tears, but the rest did not. Has me feeling like the Grinch. 

haha!

There's only one grade entered for this marking period in science, and I got a D+ on it. It's gonna take awhile before my grade recovers.

I got all C's in my classes. I suck at every subject except for art

So I have a problem...

My little sister works as a veterinary assistant at a shelter for golden retrievers, labs, and doodles. I have a serious soft spot for labs. She sends me pictures and videos whenever new puppies or extra special dogs come in. There was a golden retriever they had for a while with cerebellar hypoplasia (an underdeveloped cerebellum, which is the part of the brain that controls movement and coordination), so his movements were all spastic and he was super clumsy, tripping over his own feet. He stole my heart. I actually tried to adopt him, but her shelter is very strict about you needing to have a fenced in yard, which I don't. I didn't quite understand the rule there, since it's not like that dog could run away, but they held firm. 

Anyhow, they got a new black lab puppy in yesterday, that they named Tim, after Tiny Tim. The muscles at his hips and hind legs are under developed, so his hind end is all weak and his legs give out if he's been walking too much. I love him, and I want him. He's all I want for Christmas now. I just want to find the little puppy under the tree, with a big bow around his neck. 

awe poor puppy. I have two dogs, but one of my dogs has problems with both his back legs. Every time her runs the pop out of its place and my step dad has two put it back to it's place.

Just now, Michi said:

awe poor puppy. I have two dogs, but one of my dogs has problems with both his back legs. Every time her runs the pop out of its place and my step dad has two put it back to it's place.

For some reason I thought you said the dog poops when it runs, and then your step-dad has to clean the place up. IDK how I got that from it, but that would be pretty hilarious, but sad too.:sad:

Yea, dogs are great. I am currently lying right next to my 9 year old mixed dog Lacey. We got Lacey from my aunt who works with the rescue mission about 7 years back. Apparently she was abused as a puppy, her behavior was very telling of it from the beginning, but over the years she has developed into a great dog. She is blind in one eye, but other than that she is fine.   

Dogs are wonderful! My school has a huge anxiety rate, so we have a program which allows therapy dogs to to through the school for the first time ever. (Lucky me- my freshman year too!) The dogs just sorta sit there while students get to pet them. Yesterday I accidentally ran into a yellow lab named Cody. He had this cute yellow bandana on :D

Sorry, I tend to ramble when it comes to dogs ^-^