T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

I'm currently sympathizing with Yoda over a cold. I feel absolutely wretched and I have to be up in five hours for church. But at least it's almost winter here so my disease at least makes sense.

Mentally I'm in a similar boat. I'm having a really hard time connecting to people at college and it's starting to wear on me. However I feel like I'm doing pretty well in the overall picture. Problems like this will eventually fade away because either the circumstances change or my mindset will so I'm just waiting for one of the two to change. Putting in effort with people but trying not care too much if nothing comes from it. Trying is the key word though.

I am also rapidly losing weight despite my best efforts not to. I think stress can do that but if not it might some sort of disease that I should probably get checked out.

On the bright side, my older sister is really starting to bond with my younger sister. And I get to see them in 2 weeks come Christmas break. Very exciting. I also got over 40 likes on my last Instagram post. Super trivial, but exciting none the less.

Aww sorry to hear that you guys are sick. I think I'm finally fully recovered from my bout of pneumonia a month ago. I just could shake this cough that just lingered afterwards. 

I had a very hard time connecting with people when I was in college too. It didn't help that I worked an obscene amount of hours, but we also didn't have similar mindsets. I went to a tiny and very conservative Christian school. Half the student population was sent by their parents to keep them out of trouble, and their only interest was to drink and party. I am not a partier. The other half was very religious, which is good, but judgemental about it. If your major wasn't religious in nature, you got a lot of grief because your priorities weren't right. So my psychology loving self still didn't fit in. 

Please see a doctor about the weight loss. Stress can do that, but it's still concerning. I just went through that in October after grandpa passed away and my parents house burned down. I was so worried about everyone else that I'd go days without eating and not notice. Not ok. 

Guys, I could really use some help and prayers for a friend. We've been friends for 5 years ever since we met in church school, but she's become a strong atheist now. She especially dislikes our denomination, Roman Catholic, for no other reason than she used to be one.

In the past year, she's been inflicted with depression. It's hit her hard, and even though she's generally a happy person all the time, I know when something's wrong. She's in therapy and has been put on medication, but it doesn't work for her. This friday she told me she actually wants to kill herself, but me and my other friends are the only reason why she's alive. I even had to give her a rubber band that she could snap against her wrist so she didn't self-mutilate.

She also told me that the night before was the first time she'd prayed in forever, she was so broken down, and she doubted it'd do anything. That night I said the Rosary for her. She also gets her meds changed this weekend, but I can't contact her because she lost her phone. If you guys could pray for her as well, and maybe tell me how I could be a supportive in a time like this, it would mean the world to me.

19 hours ago, Cassiatell said:

Guys, I could really use some help and prayers for a friend. We've been friends for 5 years ever since we met in church school, but she's become a strong atheist now. She especially dislikes our denomination, Roman Catholic, for no other reason than she used to be one.

In the past year, she's been inflicted with depression. It's hit her hard, and even though she's generally a happy person all the time, I know when something's wrong. She's in therapy and has been put on medication, but it doesn't work for her. This friday she told me she actually wants to kill herself, but me and my other friends are the only reason why she's alive. I even had to give her a rubber band that she could snap against her wrist so she didn't self-mutilate.

She also told me that the night before was the first time she'd prayed in forever, she was so broken down, and she doubted it'd do anything. That night I said the Rosary for her. She also gets her meds changed this weekend, but I can't contact her because she lost her phone. If you guys could pray for her as well, and maybe tell me how I could be a supportive in a time like this, it would mean the world to me.

She'll will always be in my prayer. I can relate to her bc depression had hit me really hard last year and it destroyed me but thank God that he is helping me get back up. 

6 hours ago, Michi said:

She'll will always be in my prayer. I can relate to her bc depression had hit me really hard last year and it destroyed me but thank God that he is helping me get back up. 

I'll pray for you tonight. Thanks for your support, everyone.

17 hours ago, Cassiatell said:

I'll pray for you tonight. Thanks for your support, everyone.

Thank you!

Poor Yoda. 

Summer = icky. I like my PA winters, except for last winter when all of winter and all of the show happened in one weekend. That's wasn't ok. 

I really don't like winter at all and i perfer summer but we all have to thank God for winter also even though we don't like it. It is really cold in milwaukee right now.

Boogles, that is horrible. 

Our schools and government offices close down when it gets below -15 degrees. A few winters ago we kept having those "deep freeze" days and had to shut everything down. But the buildings are designed for that level of cold. I hear that might happen again this winter. 

in my school it never closes when its super cold. It only closes when there is alot of snow.

7 hours ago, noelKt5 said:

Boogles, that is horrible. 

Our schools and government offices close down when it gets below -15 degrees. A few winters ago we kept having those "deep freeze" days and had to shut everything down. But the buildings are designed for that level of cold. I hear that might happen again this winter. 

The last time schools ACTUALLY closed the temp was -20 and the windchill was -55 or something stupid cold. Everything else? Nah. Satan's lair freezes over before Minnesota shuts down. XD Snow? No problem. tornados? Eh, I'll be ten minutes late. 

However, I am now convinced I could live on Mars if I had to. My car still started in -40 soooo...

Man, all y'all yankees need to get out of there! Florida's weirdos are calling:razz:

Here in North Carolina, literally everything shuts down if we get three inches of snow. I am not exaggerating, getting snow is treated like the beginning of the apocalypse down here, albeit not quite the fear of death. Any bit of snow will automatically delay schools, and 2-3 inches will close them. Last year we got 10 inches of snow and schools were out for a full week. I have relatives in NY who constantly make fun of "snow paranoia" in the South, but you do have to remember that we don't have near the level of plows and salt-trucks as y'all yanks.

Other than snow nothing really closes down school here. Tornadoes and thunderstorms might cause early release, but that isn't too common.

Edited by PlasmaHam

I have not yet discovered the conditions under which we get snow days..... my suspicion is that we might have school delayed if the roads get really really icy but while we get cold enough for snow *sometimes* it rarely ever sticks. 

Which is too bad because it's cold and I want to start Christmas break early..... 

feels like the only person who loves winter.

Like I actually love winter. going outside in the cold makes me feel more alive. I love snow. I love it.