T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

Just now, Jesusismyticket said:

feels like the only person who loves winter.

Like I actually love winter. going outside in the cold makes me feel more alive. I love snow. I love it.

Oh, I love snow, the sad part is we don't get it too much down here. 

I like the idea of winter. I adore sweaters and scarves and hot chocolate and holiday lights and snowy mornings. 

But I'm also someone whose pretty much perpetually cold.... and it's dark at 4 in the afternoon which is a bummer. 

5 hours ago, Marley said:

I like the idea of winter. I adore sweaters and scarves and hot chocolate and holiday lights and snowy mornings. 

But I'm also someone whose pretty much perpetually cold.... and it's dark at 4 in the afternoon which is a bummer. 

See? That's what I love too. But I'm also perpetually hot, so I like it cold outside. It's been between 30 and 45 degrees most nights lately. I'm not even wearing a coat yet when walking my puppy, and have my bedroom window cracked most evenings. I like my snuggly sweaters, and getting buried under a pile of blankets when I sleep. 

Of course one of my roommates is the perpetually cold type, so this can cause some conflict. The thermostat is currently set to 68 degrees. One roommate finds this comfortable. I'm still a little too warm at night. The other roommate has taken to using a hair drier on her feet in the morning because she's just too cold, the cold makes her feet ache, and she needs to warm up. 

On 12/7/2016 at 8:44 PM, PlasmaHam said:

Man, all y'all yankees need to get out of there! Florida's weirdos are calling:razz:

Here in North Carolina, literally everything shuts down if we get three inches of snow. I am not exaggerating, getting snow is treated like the beginning of the apocalypse down here, albeit not quite the fear of death. Any bit of snow will automatically delay schools, and 2-3 inches will close them. Last year we got 10 inches of snow and schools were out for a full week. I have relatives in NY who constantly make fun of "snow paranoia" in the South, but you do have to remember that we don't have near the level of plows and salt-trucks as y'all yanks.

Other than snow nothing really closes down school here. Tornadoes and thunderstorms might cause early release, but that isn't too common.

I spent 18 years of my life about an hour from the NC border. This applies to anything south of Maryland. 

you also run to the store for milk, bread, and eggs at the first sign of a snow flake. What're ya'll gonna make with all that? French toast? :lol: 

Rural VA, dusting of snow CLOSE ALL THE THINGS.

The ice there is bad though. Ugh.

17 hours ago, noelKt5 said:

See? That's what I love too. But I'm also perpetually hot, so I like it cold outside. It's been between 30 and 45 degrees most nights lately. I'm not even wearing a coat yet when walking my puppy, and have my bedroom window cracked most evenings. I like my snuggly sweaters, and getting buried under a pile of blankets when I sleep. 

Of course one of my roommates is the perpetually cold type, so this can cause some conflict. The thermostat is currently set to 68 degrees. One roommate finds this comfortable. I'm still a little too warm at night. The other roommate has taken to using a hair drier on her feet in the morning because she's just too cold, the cold makes her feet ache, and she needs to warm up. 

We keep our house 68 too... which is perfect for me at night but during the day I'm always under a blanket. Which is find mind you. I almost feel like the dark is more an issue than the cold. I just end up feeling sleepy all day no matter how much sleep I get the night before. I've been taking vitamin D the last week though though which seems to help.... might just be a placebo affect thing though. :-P

We actually ended up having a 2hr delay for school this morning. Hardly any snow at all but I guess the west side of WA just isn't as prepared for it as the east. It had all melted by the time I got home though. 

Boogles, I'm thinking back to the last major snowstorm we had here, 37 inches in on weekend, so proper storm for PA, and the provisions we had here. All 3 of us went out independently for provisions during the stone. We all returned with the same items: some form of baked good, a snack (pretzels and cheese, or chips and dip), a package of bacon, a bunch of bananas, and 2 bottles of adult beverages. 

French toast would have been perfect! 

On 12/10/2016 at 8:21 AM, noelKt5 said:

Boogles, I'm thinking back to the last major snowstorm we had here, 37 inches in on weekend, so proper storm for PA, and the provisions we had here. All 3 of us went out independently for provisions during the stone. We all returned with the same items: some form of baked good, a snack (pretzels and cheese, or chips and dip), a package of bacon, a bunch of bananas, and 2 bottles of adult beverages. 

French toast would have been perfect! 

hahaha.

They just all run to the store and EVERY store in a 20 mile radius is out of milk, bread, and eggs. It's so silly. 

I'm questioning my Catholicism but I also don't know what else I would believe in. It is kind of all I knew denominations wise. I've been going to this Lutheran church but I honestly don't know what Lutherans really 100% believe in... the people are nicer though.

I sometimes question about pentecostal bc we are known as "LOUD" and "CRAZY" and "STRICT" and "WEIRD" there are somethings that Pentecostal believe in that are really  no other christians follows. I am a pentecostal christian myself and have been one all my life.

14 hours ago, Jesusismyticket said:

I'm questioning my Catholicism but I also don't know what else I would believe in. It is kind of all I knew denominations wise. I've been going to this Lutheran church but I honestly don't know what Lutherans really 100% believe in... the people are nicer though.

I've always been under the impression that Lutherans are basically the same as Catholics though they don't follow the belief that Mary is divine and worthy of praying to. The also don't believe in a physical transformation/transubstantiation of the Eucharist.

There are several factions of Lutheranism however. Look up your local Synod or the church's statement of faith.

3 hours ago, Michi said:

I sometimes question about pentecostal bc we are known as "LOUD" and "CRAZY" and "STRICT" and "WEIRD" there are somethings that Pentecostal believe in that are really  no other christians follows. I am a pentecostal christian myself and have been one all my life.

Switch denominations?  You don't have to stay with one church in one denomination all of your life. I've bounced from Methodist to Southern Baptist to Assembly of God ( the calmer Petecostal. :P ) back to Baptist then non-denominational, back to AoG. I currently work in a Lutheran church. 

Jesus is Jesus. And we can bicker back and forth over various theology, but at long as the church is preaching that Jesus is the only way to heaven and isn't contradicting the Bible, you're good. 

Edited by Boogles

2 hours ago, Boogles said:

I've always been under the impression that Lutherans are basically the same as Catholics though they don't follow the belief that Mary is divine and worthy of praying to. The also don't believe in a physical transformation/transubstantiation of the Eucharist.

There are several factions of Lutheranism however. Look up your local Synod or the church's statement of faith.

Switch denominations?  You don't have to stay with one church in one denomination all of your life. I've bounced from Methodist to Southern Baptist to Assembly of God ( the calmer Petecostal. :P ) back to Baptist then non-denominational, back to AoG. I currently work in a Lutheran church. 

Jesus is Jesus. And we can bicker back and forth over various theology, but at long as the church is preaching that Jesus is the only way to heaven and isn't contradicting the Bible, you're good. 

NAH! I like being the LOUD and CRAZY and STRICT pentecastals that people talks about. IT's unique. I  love how pentecostal throw service to God and i do consider myself crazy.

On 12/12/2016 at 8:21 PM, Jesusismyticket said:

For your purposes, Jazzy, Lutheranism is probably just as good. Sometimes you just have to find a community that works for you, and because you are a human and especially a feely type person some of those beliefs will begin to seem reasonable to you because they are held by people you care for. And that's fine. There are good Catholic church communities and poor ones, same with the Lutherans. Learn what the differences are but don't worry about it too much. 

On 12/12/2016 at 11:21 PM, Jesusismyticket said:

Hi! Devoted Catholic here. Whenever I start to question I look up pro catholic arguments, and look up miracles. Especially the miracles. How do you explain the weeping statues of Mary? How do you explain the Eucharist literally turning into flesh and blood on a few occaisons? Not to mention that Peter was made the first "pope" (though it wasn't called that) back then.

But if you think Lutheranism is best, don't be afraid to try it out! I experimented with Methodism for awhile.

On 12/12/2016 at 10:21 PM, Jesusismyticket said:

you can try it out. I agree with the others.